Thankful Turkeys

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Hi, all hope it's okay to start this thread. I'm at a really melancholy time in my year/life, and was pondering what to be thankful for this year. Thought it would be good to start a thread where we could post about what we were thankful for this year... I'll have to ponder on mine before I can actually contribute.

https://imgur.com/a/oOqxn

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Thankful for mTurk (as silly as it sounds), my family, my dog, being relatively healthy. Also thankful to just have a chance to keep improving in this life of ours

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I am thankful for too many things to list off but at the front of the list.... I am thankful to those that saved my life in 2014 to allow me to still be here to enjoy things to be thankful for and I am thankful for getting sober 13 months ago to allow myself to live life again as it should be lived.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
In addition to all the normal stuff, I'm very thankful for this forum. I don't often get serious, but it's been a hard year for me health-wise, which led to a hard year mental health-wise as well. And it's always a challenge to keep up my turking motivation, especially when I go through one of my "ugh, fuck this shit" phases. This forum is a perfect combination of weirdly ridiculous and productively helpful, which I love. Not only has it helped me in my turking game, but I've also made several connections here and I am very thankful for those. I wish I could tag you all, but I do want to give a shout out to a few special people.

Vanyanka @Vanyanka
scrmcasey @scrmcasey
jenaling @jenaling
TinaBanina @LoveMuppet
TQueen @TQueen
mboone73 @mboone73
VGB @VGB
Jaded @Jaded
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh
loki3404 @loki3404
Serial Mom @Serial Mom
LlamaRhama @LlamaRhama
coffeeowl @coffeeowl

(this is not an exhaustive list. please don't hate me if I forgot to tag you. i can't even remember what color shirt i wore yesterday. i love you all. except, you - you know who you are)

I hope all you weirdos have a great Thanksgiving. I will be filling up on all the sides and pie because turkey is gross.

And thank you savvy @savvylabell for making this thread. Good idea!

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
In addition to all the normal stuff, I'm very thankful for this forum. I don't often get serious, but it's been a hard year for me health-wise, which led to a hard year mental health-wise as well. And it's always a challenge to keep up my turking motivation, especially when I go through one of my "ugh, fuck this shit" phases. This forum is a perfect combination of weirdly ridiculous and productively helpful, which I love. Not only has it helped me in my turking game, but I've also made several connections here and I am very thankful for those. I wish I could tag you all, but I do want to give a shout out to a few special people.

Vanyanka @Vanyanka
scrmcasey @scrmcasey
jenaling @jenaling
TinaBanina @LoveMuppet
TQueen @TQueen
mboone73 @mboone73
VGB @VGB
Jaded @Jaded
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh
loki3404 @loki3404
Serial Mom @Serial Mom

(this is not an exhaustive list. please don't hate me if I forgot to tag you. i can't even remember what color shirt i wore yesterday. i love you all. except, you - you know who you are)

I hope all you weirdos have a great Thanksgiving. I will be filling up on all the sides and pie because turkey is gross.

And thank you savvy @savvylabell for making this thread. Good idea!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I'm still not sure I can even properly encompass what I am truly thankful for this year, because it's been a strange year for me.

My farm owners/dear friends Tom and Elise. They are a couple my parents age without children, but have always been ultra supportive of me, including monetarily. Even before my world went in the shitter in May, in April they took me to ride my horse with some bigshots in Florida. Experience of a lifetime. They support me every.single.step of the way. I already work my horse's board off with chores 3 days a week (and then some) and I trim their 3 horse's feet, and honestly whatever else I can do for them. They have also absorbed all of Shadow's vet fees this year, and even extras like Chiro visits. Because of them, I will NEVER be stuck homeless, horseless or dogless.

Close friends. Holy crap. One on here is DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 and YES I am calling her out, because she is who got me into turking and this forum, but we have been internets friends for like....I don't even know how many years. Too many. She is my constant, non-judging supportive sounding board almost any time of the day. My current roommates, making me and my dog welcome even though they don't need help paying rent. They've seen me through some ugly shit this summer and fall, but keep me going and support me through everything. I have a couple other great friends, always there to talk even if too busy.

My dog. Eff. Reveille is my everything. If I didn't have her to cuddling in bed with and care for, I don't know how I would've existed. She keeps me going . you can only sit still and be depressed but so long when you're needy dog needs to exercise!

My horse, Shadow. Another thing that keeps me honest and moving and motivated to do anything because I can't neglect him. And he's really cute.

My cats, even though they don't currently love me, because I don't currently feed them.

My coworkers - I have some understanding as shit people there I can call family.

Turking - I am broke as fuck. This helps.

THIS FORUM. Ok, unexpected how awesome this forum has been. I couldn't tag everyone ever, but one of the first to stand out was Jerami @Jerami because I was having a panic attack and somehow no one was answering their phones, but he messaged with me.

So many others now too! Jaded @Jaded Evergreen Queen @Evergreen Queen Peachy @PeachyRider (makes me laugh) Cara @Cara Kat8mouse @Kat8mouse

and more I am sure sorry if I don't tag you !

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I have so much to be thankful for!
My kids, my fiance, & my family! I'm also so thankful for Mturk because its given me extra money to do stuff and helped me when I was struggling!
I'm also so thankful for all of you! You guys truly are my second work family (you're actually better than my real coworkers) whether I need a laugh or support I know I can count on this group!
I hope you all have an amazing turkey day!!

BocaCylon

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thankful for too many things to list off but at the front of the list.... I am thankful to those that saved my life in 2014 to allow me to still be here to enjoy things to be thankful for and I am thankful for getting sober 13 months ago to allow myself to live life again as it should be lived.
I read your comment earlier today and it really stuck with me. You deserve major props for making such a big change and staying clean and sober. I am minus a couple of people in my life who were very very near and dear to me who didn't make it. It makes me happy to see someone survive it all and go forward. I do get melancholy at the holidays missing them.

But it is Thanksgiving and I'm grateful for finding this place which allowed me to learn a new skill and start my mturk side hustle, with the added plus of a bunch of nice people here. It's a good thing.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I read your comment earlier today and it really stuck with me. You deserve major props for making such a big change and staying clean and sober. I am minus a couple of people in my life who were very very near and dear to me who didn't make it. It makes me happy to see someone survive it all and go forward. I do get melancholy at the holidays missing them.

But it is Thanksgiving and I'm grateful for finding this place which allowed me to learn a new skill and start my mturk side hustle, with the added plus of a bunch of nice people here. It's a good thing.
Thank you and :hug2: