Testable minds

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
looks like its similar to prolific, just got the email today
https://minds.testable.org/ref/04c282d3ce1c

The first 1000 "minds" receive a $5 bonus to start things off when the platform is live (we estimate this will happen in the next few weeks).

Testable Minds is a new platform where researchers from the world’s most prestigious universities will recruit participants (“testable minds”) for their psychological and behavioral experiments. As a “testable mind”, you can make a direct contribution towards scientists’ understanding of how the human mind works, and be compensated for your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetiePuff

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
According to one of the admin I've spoken to they are going to be using PayPal as their primary payment method at the beginning, but are looking for alternatives that may be easier for people. I've suggested they look into Amazon Payments since we all already have accounts, and so don't need to setup a different connection with our banks.

They also told me that the tentative go live is the second half of February, so we shouldn't have long to wait.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
update from them in the facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/testableminds/permalink/1597738923655748/

Hi all, sorry for keeping silent for a while, we've been working hard to be able to launch Testable Minds on time. Everything should be ready to run in a couple of weeks maximum (but most likely sooner!). We are aiming to offer you the best experience when participating in behavioral experiments, so feel free to suggest us whatever features/options you would like to have as a participant. For example, and to start things off, we are planning to give you the option to recommend (or not) an experiment after you finish it. What do you say are the main reasons for which you would recommend, or not recommend, an experiment to other minds? Is it payment, duration, how interesting it is, clear instructions, what else? What really drives you crazy when you do an online experiment? The sooner you tell us, the higher the chance we can incorporate your ideas in how the platform is built

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Just a heads up, I heard back from the Testable Minds people that surveys are going to go live March 5.

Reactions: sweetpea0678

Achilles2357

Reaction score
According to one of the admin I've spoken to they are going to be using PayPal as their primary payment method at the beginning, but are looking for alternatives that may be easier for people. I've suggested they look into Amazon Payments since we all already have accounts, and so don't need to setup a different connection with our banks.

They also told me that the tentative go live is the second half of February, so we shouldn't have long to wait.
Prolific switched to circle.com as their only free payment option, and it is far quicker than either Amazon or Paypal, at least for me.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Prolific switched to circle.com as their only free payment option, and it is far quicker than either Amazon or Paypal, at least for me.
I agree that Circle is a good payment platform, however not every is on Prolific like us. However, everyone on this board has an Amazon Payments account, and since they are looking to get mturk workers that are established (in order to provide higher quality work at the start) it makes sense. That being said I've offered a few more that they should look into and a few they should stay away from ::coughcouchpayzacoughcough::, but I think it's going to be just PayPal for a while.

Reactions: Achilles2357

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Seeing as how Testable seems to be (mostly) a bunch of Romanians:

But I like Trajan's column too.