SwagBucks

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I love this thread, but I hope this doesnt mean people will stop posting codes in the daily thread. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that.
Nah, that's fine too! This is just a place for more in-depth discussion of Swagbucks. :)

Reactions: clickhappier

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I stopped using Swagbucks when I started turking but I think I'm going to jump back into it. It's way more tedious than turking but I like monies.

Reactions: lsutiger25

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have made decent money with SwagBucks. Wish the apps and nCraves were like the old days but good filler between hits! Having them set to your default search, doing trial subscriptions like the recent 500 SB for Spotify, shopping rewards, using the SBTV mobile app, and getting notifications on your phone adds up quickly. I have won a few of the Twitter contests on their blog that are posted Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus the monthly bonuses are nice if you make the minimum daily goal. Yeah I like them!

DruceusDrec

*hugs*
Contributor
Reaction score
The video apps are still a great supplemental earner, but after the complete overhaul about a year back, almost everything has become inferior to similar sites such as Grindabuck.

Low paying surveys and offer walls, although they're still the kings of semi-passive with Jungroup, NGage, Ncrave, and the new video playlists.

It's overall a great way to get introduced to reward sites, but if you want to get serious about earning money from Reward sites, I suggest that you look elsewhere.

Reactions: clickhappier

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The video apps are still a great supplemental earner, but after the complete overhaul about a year back, almost everything has become inferior to similar sites such as Grindabuck.

Low paying surveys and offer walls, although they're still the kings of semi-passive with Jungroup, NGage, Ncrave, and the new video playlists.

It's overall a great way to get introduced to reward sites, but if you want to get serious about earning money from Reward sites, I suggest that you look elsewhere.
Welcome to MTC. :) You can start a thread about Grindabuck if you'd like!

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I still use SB as filler as mentioned above and know a few peeps here have recently signed up. Here is how I make some extra gift cards each month.

1) Do the Daily List. This is found on the left side of the home page. They now offer a daily bonus if you do 6/7 activities on the list. This will require a survey since you probably won't do the Deals. I don't do more than 1 survey a day at SB. You will make more at MTurk or Prolific. Still not too long to get some pennies. Do the autoplay vids in the watch section. The Daily Goal bonuses are different and given out in the first week of the next month. You must click on a link in an email to get your bonus but then it is added instantly.

2) Install the mobile app(s) and SwagButton. I get notifications on my phone for the Swag Codes and use SB as my default search engine. You can win up to 5 times a day searching BUT it is spread out. Don't search too often. Qmee is great to use when using Google for batches for even more pennies! You can also use the SwagButton to watch videos while waiting for HIT's to pop!

3) Check out the Featured Offers for trials. I signed up for Spotify through SB and got a nice chunk of change for a service I was already going to use.

4) Under the Sponsored Videos look for the Laptop Guy (Jun Group) and Tanktop Girl (Truex). They often have very short videos that you can watch for 2 SB. You can often do them multiple times and throughout the day. This is honestly one of the easiest ways to reach your daily goal!

5) Discover. The offers are varied. I never give out my personal info unless it is for a trial for a service I was already looking at. I take a weekend afternoon once a month and get all the easy vids and offers while Netflixing. They reset about once a month.

6) Use twitter, facebook, and their blog to get more contests, Swag Code Extravaganza days, etc. The facebook page is the best place to ask questions. For example, if you chat with one of their mods they can help you with gift card codes not showing up etc.

7) Shop. Like eBates you get SB for shopping. You can also go through them to MyGiftCardsPlus to buy gift cards and get cash back! Be sure to read the fine print. Many of the things I buy on Amazon are NOT eligible and it will take at least a month to show up in your account.

8) Remember you can get a $25 (2500 SB) gift card (except PayPal) for $22 (2200 SB) once every month. I try to get at least one of these and as many $5 Amazon cards as I can to pay for my holiday gifts. Again you will make more turking but it is a nice change and still pretty easy.

9) Take screenshots! If you don't get credit for a survey but have the completion code in a screenshot you will get credited. Do the same for all high paying offers. Send a ticket to support.

10) Update: In early 2018 they added the Swag IQ app. It is a live trivia game show with ten questions played Sun-Thurs. You get sb for every correct question and if you get them all correct can win some serious sb. Definitely worth the install!

Remember to follow their rules as you do on MTurk. People do get banned. People with multiple members in one household have had problems.

Good luck! If this helps or if you have any more tips to add please let me know. Also, my referral link is here if you want to sign up under me. :twohearts:

Last edited:

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
Looks like you can play this game for up to 10SB every day: http://www.swagbucks.com/games/play/114/swagasaurus-run

You can potentially earn 2SB every game, completely at random--score doesn't seem to affect whether or not you get SB at all. Anyway, it's a nice chunk of SB to help get to daily goal 1!

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
I have now completed two surveys (where I saw the "Success! You have completed a survey" or whatever it says), but it doesn't look like I'm getting credit for them in My SB. Am I missing something? :confused:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have now completed two surveys (where I saw the "Success! You have completed a survey" or whatever it says), but it doesn't look like I'm getting credit for them in My SB. Am I missing something? :confused:
:( That is so annoying! Surveys are not great there as I mentioned above. They are hard to qualify for and often have problems. Take a screenshot of the completed page in the future and send it to their support. I take screenshots of all higher completed offers from the Discover pages as well. I will add both to my tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: phusia

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
:( That is so annoying! Surveys are not great there as I mentioned above. They are hard to qualify for and often have problems. Take a screenshot of the completed page in the future and send it to their support. I take screenshots of all higher completed offers from the Discover pages as well. I will add both to my tips.
I was trying to do them for the daily To-Do List. I thought the first one was a fluke, but the second one did the same thing. :mad:

Thanks, I will do that in the future! It may be related to the fact that they seem to be having server issues or something right now?

Reactions: coffeeowl

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was trying to do them for the daily To-Do List. I thought the first one was a fluke, but the second one did the same thing. :mad:

Thanks, I will do that in the future! It may be related to the fact that they seem to be having server issues or something right now?
Remember a survey attempt counts as well. So I usually pick the smallest one and get kicked out to get my point! I know it is frustrating.

Reactions: phusia

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
Remember a survey attempt counts as well. So I usually pick the smallest one and get kicked out to get my point! I know it is frustrating.
That's the really annoying thing--I unintentionally just happened to have picked two that I qualified for. :ROFL:

Reactions: coffeeowl

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
please delete
it reposted a lot of times

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
please delete