Suspende account ☹️

JillM

Reaction score
Hi everyone-
Any advice would be so appreciated. I received this email 17 October and proceeded to fax them twice. Once from a physical fax and once using an online service. I've since emailed them daily asking for either news or at least confirmation of having received the faxes. I'm an American with a Citibank account, SSN, etc. but spend a part of every month in Italy & do most of my turking in Italy...don't know if that could be the issue.
Here's the email & again thanks for listening!
Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your account.

Upon review, our investigations team has determined that appropriate action was taken. Per our initial email, your account was suspended pending additional account verification.

To start working using your Amazon Mechanical Turk account, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407.

The specialized team who handles these requests will only accept the information by fax, so we recommend using an online fax service if you do not have access to a fax machine. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

1. Your first and last name
2. The email you use to log into your MTurk Worker account

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.

jan

Reaction score
Hi everyone-
Any advice would be so appreciated. I received this email 17 October and proceeded to fax them twice. Once from a physical fax and once using an online service. I've since emailed them daily asking for either news or at least confirmation of having received the faxes. I'm an American with a Citibank account, SSN, etc. but spend a part of every month in Italy & do most of my turking in Italy...don't know if that could be the issue.
Here's the email & again thanks for listening!
Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your account.

Upon review, our investigations team has determined that appropriate action was taken. Per our initial email, your account was suspended pending additional account verification.

To start working using your Amazon Mechanical Turk account, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407.

The specialized team who handles these requests will only accept the information by fax, so we recommend using an online fax service if you do not have access to a fax machine. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.
Read through this thread. This is for folks who lose their account (you are okay! This is not you). But check out the contact info. You don't want to email jeff, just yet (I don't think). But start small and keep at it. Amazon makes these kinds of mistakes ALL the time.

I don't think your situation is dire (really, it's just going to be persistence :).

Start with the emails, though - and get response. I think you will be okay! Let us know what happens.
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mechanical-turk-suspensions-and-general-speculation.1778/

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm an American with a Citibank account, SSN, etc. but spend a part of every month in Italy & do most of my turking in Italy...don't know if that could be the issue.
that is 100% the issue

you cannot work as an American worker outside of the US

be happy they are just asking for you to prove who you are instead of outright banning you for violating tos

Reactions: jan

JillM

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for that. I had checked to see if Italy was one of the countries working with Mturk and verified that they had been added. I had assumed then that it was fine to work both in Italy and in the states.

you cannot work as an American worker outside of the US

be happy they are just asking for you to prove who you are instead of outright banning you for violating tos[/QUOTE]

JillM

Reaction score
Thanks for that link...and the moral support!
I was actually being rather persistent with them but no luck. I'd seen this thread and PM'd the person who had the other emails. I emailed all and got a response within 6 hours!!
I just now tried to paste the email response I received but was blocked on this message but in any case, the gist of the message was that the passport fax wasn't clear enough that they could see the photo or read the info and asked for another fax. They went on to say that once validating the id they would reinstate the account.
Fingers crossed!

Read through this thread. This is for folks who lose their account (you are okay! This is not you). But check out the contact info. You don't want to email jeff, just yet (I don't think). But start small and keep at it. Amazon makes these kinds of mistakes ALL the time.

I don't think your situation is dire (really, it's just going to be persistence :).

Start with the emails, though - and get response. I think you will be okay! Let us know what happens.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
This was the email received by Jill. I'd just add this to my thread, but this one already exists, so meh.. Side note: location is rarely ever an issue unless the user lied up front about their location when signing up.

We are writing to inform you that the government issued Identification Document (ID) you submitted to us is not clearly visible. In order to verify your identity, we need the ID (including the photo) to be clearly visible. We are not able to make any exceptions to this requirement.

Please re-submit a digital scan of your ID that clearly displays all information including your picture. You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

Once we receive and validate this information we will proceed with reinstating your account.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out and jan

JillM

Reaction score
Just an update for you guys who helped out with this issue. They reinstated my account yesterday- exactly 2 weeks. It was a short email just saying that they verified my identity. Again, thanks for your help!

Sha

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. nice to meet you....

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I've been on Mturk since 2010...
I have the same issue...still

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by your account suspension.

Per our initial email, your account was suspended pending verification of the account holder’s identity. Per that email, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407. The specialized team who handles these requests will only accept the information by fax, so we recommend using an online fax service if you do not have access to a fax machine. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity, you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.

We have forwarded your case to our investigations team to review this suspension. You should receive an email from us once the review has been completed.

Best regards,

Bash M
Amazon Mechanical Turk

I had sent it many times multiples faxes and emails
never get any favorable response yet
Kindly I am requesting you, If you could provide any other ( except of jeff@amazon.., and mturk-worker-suppor@ amazon.com) Mturk contact mail id....it would be grateful for me.
Thank you.

jan

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. nice to meet you....

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I've been on Mturk since 2010...
I have the same issue...still

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by your account suspension.

Per our initial email, your account was suspended pending verification of the account holder’s identity. Per that email, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407. The specialized team who handles these requests will only accept the information by fax, so we recommend using an online fax service if you do not have access to a fax machine. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity, you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.

We have forwarded your case to our investigations team to review this suspension. You should receive an email from us once the review has been completed.

Best regards,

Bash M
Amazon Mechanical Turk

I had sent it many times multiples faxes and emails
never get any favorable response yet
Kindly I am requesting you, If you could provide any other ( except of jeff@amazon.., and mturk-worker-suppor@ amazon.com) Mturk contact mail id....it would be grateful for me.
Thank you.
you've already tried the jeff bezos email (I've heard of some people using that and it worked).......??

Sha

Reaction score
you've already tried the jeff bezos email (I've heard of some people using that and it worked).......??
Yes...I tried ready....:notworthy:

Renukaeas

Reaction score
Just an update for you guys who helped out with this issue. They reinstated my account yesterday- exactly 2 weeks. It was a short email just saying that they verified my identity. Again, thanks for your help!
Hi
My account suspended 3 weeks before.they asked my id proof by scan.i have sent it.but still no activation from their side.what can i do to get back my account.pls help me

Renukaeas

Reaction score
Hi
My account also suspended for the same reason.i have faxed my id proof to them.but still no reply from them

How did u get ur account back.to which e mail id did u contact them.or any contact.number is there to talk to them.

Pls help me to get my account back

jan

Reaction score
Hi
My account also suspended for the same reason.i have faxed my id proof to them.but still no reply from them

How did u get ur account back.to which e mail id did u contact them.or any contact.number is there to talk to them.

Pls help me to get my account back
be nice, but be persistent. Just keep getting in touch with them - politely.

From what we've heard, it just takes a while and some patience.

Reactions: Sha

Renukaeas

Reaction score
Any other way to contact them
Any email id phone number there.if there let me knw.it will be a great help

Renukaeas

Reaction score

Wat did u do for reactivation of the account.
To whom did u mail.am also having the same issue.pls help me

Sha

Reaction score
Did you ever get it back!??! IF so how long?
Yes ...
after sending many mails (per week 1 to 2 mails) 3 weeks ago I got a mail from Mturk that ...

" we hv forwarded ur case to our investigations team to review this suspension. You should receive an email from us once the review been completed.
Please rest assured this is actively being reviewed, even if you do not hear from us right away.
Thank you for your patience and understanding."

So, still wailting for their (positive) response.

Sha

Reaction score
be nice, but be persistent. Just keep getting in touch with them - politely.

From what we've heard, it just takes a while and some patience.
Infact, I didn't get back my account yet...however, guidance and support of this page and yours is nice...??

• Love