Survivor Season 5 Challenge Thread

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
WEEK 10 CHALLENGE

Scattergories

Welcome Final Four to another week of fun!
DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 MeTurks @MeTurks Despairagus @Despairagus LucyO @LucyO

Beginning Monday morning, we will post a letter and 10 categories. Your mission? Come up with as many words beginning with the given letter for each of the categories as you can. Unique answers will receive points.

Example: we give you the letter A and one of the categories is Fruit. If two castaways submit Apple, this word will not count. If only one out of four of you submit Avocado, that person would be awarded a point. Yes, avocado is a fruit, I googled it.

Rules:

The game will run Monday-Wednesday.

Send a PM to both Vanyanka @Vanyanka and scrmcasey @scrmcasey with your answers by 9 pm est each night. The results will be announced either later that evening or before the next challenge is released in the morning.

Try to keep your answers within the realm of reason. We reserve the right to reject anything we don’t feel would obviously fit with the category. Example: we wouldn’t accept Black Paper for the letter B, but Black Light would be okay.

The person at the end of the week with the least amount of points will be cast off MTC Survivor Island.

Reminder: the final two weeks of Survivor will be delayed as we are going to galavant around Boston. As long as we aren’t murdered, Week 11 will commence on June 3rd.

Good luck Castaways!!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
DAY 1

Letter
R

Categories

1. Car Parts
2.Candy
3. Things that have wheels
4. Ice Cream Flavors
5. Cartoon Characters
6. Things made of metal
7. Things with Tails
8. Software
9. Girls Names
10. Appliances

Remember to send a PM with your answers by 9 pm est to Vanyanka @Vanyanka & scrmcasey @scrmcasey
cc: DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 MeTurks @MeTurks LucyO @LucyO Despairagus @Despairagus

Reactions: LucyO and MeTurks

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
WEEK 10 CHALLENGE

Scattergories

Welcome Final Four to another week of fun!

Beginning Monday morning, we will post a letter and 10 categories. Your mission? Come up with as many words beginning with the given letter for each of the categories as you can. Unique answers will receive points.

Example: we give you the letter A and one of the categories is Fruit. If two castaways submit Apple, this word will not count. If only one out of four of you submit Avocado, that person would be awarded a point. Yes, avocado is a fruit, I googled it.

Rules:

The game will run Monday-Wednesday.

Send a PM to both Vanyanka @Vanyanka and scrmcasey @scrmcasey with your answers by 9 pm est each night. The results will be announced either later that evening or before the next challenge is released in the morning.

Try to keep your answers within the realm of reason. We reserve the right to reject anything we don’t feel would obviously fit with the category. Example: we wouldn’t accept Black Paper for the letter B, but Black Light would be okay.

The person at the end of the week with the least amount of points will be cast off MTC Survivor Island.

Reminder: the final two weeks of Survivor will be delayed as we are going to galavant around Boston. As long as we aren’t murdered, Week 11 will commence on June 3rd.

Good luck Castaways!!
Oh what the fuck. Why couldn’t this have been last week’s challenge?

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Quick Note: Almost done with scoring - you all got your revenge on the Girls Names category. I'll have scores out shortly. Enjoy today's challenge while you wait.

Day 2

Letter
C

Categories
1. Things that are sticky
2. Things you see at the zoo
3. Pro Sports Teams
4. Things that have stripes
5. Train Lines
6. Trees
7. Card Games
8. Things you wear
9. Sandwiches
10. Items you plug in

Reactions: MeTurks and LucyO

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Day 1 Results

Fantastic job you four! After removing duplicates/alternate spellings and double checking, your scores are below. The link to the spreadsheet for the nitty gritty is here This spreadsheet will be used for the next two days as well. This really is anyone's game. It only takes one category to change the odds.

DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 - 392 390
Despairagus @Despairagus - 135
LucyO @LucyO - 70
MeTurks @MeTurks - 31

Last edited:

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Oops... On Ice cream flavors you gave DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 the same flavors twice! I know that those 2 points will make a huge difference! Very likely that's how far behind her I will be at the final round.

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't able to participate this year, but I just wanted to swing by and say hi...The challenges look so fun and I think scrmcasey @scrmcasey and Vanyanka @Vanyanka are doing such an amazing job!! Thank you for putting in so much time and effort to make this so much fun!!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I wasn't able to participate this year, but I just wanted to swing by and say hi...The challenges look so fun and I think scrmcasey @scrmcasey and Vanyanka @Vanyanka are doing such an amazing job!! Thank you for putting in so much time and effort to make this so much fun!!
Thank you! :glomp:

You realize you've now been dragged into playing next season, right?

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Quick Note: Almost done with scoring - you all got your revenge on the Girls Names category. I'll have scores out shortly. Enjoy today's challenge while you wait.

Day 2
Letter
C

Categories
1. Things that are sticky
3. Pro Sports Teams
4. Things that have stripes
6. Trees
7. Card Games
9. Sandwiches

Aw, I would have crushed this.​

Reactions: LucyO and scrmcasey