Survivor Season 5 Challenge Thread

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Did our gamemasters abandon us? By the positioning of the sun I reckon it to be nearly noon CDT on Monday....
Patience. It takes time to plan a murder.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Just want to make sure I get a front row seat.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe some people had a problem with the early-morning thing?
Maybe the murder is best-served in the evening. They're going for aesthetic?

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe Vanyanka @Vanyanka and scrmcasey @scrmcasey were the victims and we have to figure out how to get off this island and catch the murderers...

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
scrmcasey @scrmcasey and I have both been hit with sickness and it seems likely one of you poisoned us both. Stay tuned for updates.

Reactions: scrmcasey

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Welcome to Week 5 of Survivor!

First order of business for the week is announcing the tribes:

Tribe 1:

mboone73 @mboone73
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh
DareAngel3 @DareAngel3
LucyO @LucyO
E @El Pablo

Tribe 2:

MeTurks @MeTurks
Despairagus @Despairagus
Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm
Katia2019 @Katia2019
ristiekay @ristiekay
savvy @savvylabell

For this week's challenge, we need each tribe to come up with a name for itself. It can be anything you want as long as it's relatively family friendly. Please submit tribe names in this thread by 11 pm PDT and you'll receive further instructions tomorrow morning. We're excited to see what you come up with!

Clarification: Coming up with a name is just the first step in this weeks challenge. I wanted to make sure that was clear.

Last edited:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Welcome to Week 5 of Survivor!

First order of business for the week is announcing the tribes:

Tribe 1:

mboone73 @mboone73
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh
DareAngel3 @DareAngel3
LucyO @LucyO
E @El Pablo

Tribe 2:

MeTurks @MeTurks
Despairagus @Despairagus
Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm
Katia2019 @Katia2019
ristiekay @ristiekay
savvy @savvylabell

For this week's challenge, we need each tribe to come up with a name for itself. It can be anything you want as long as it's relatively family friendly. Please submit tribe names in this thread by 11 pm PDT and you'll receive further instructions tomorrow morning. We're excited to see what you come up with!

Clarification: Coming up with a name is just the first step in this weeks challenge. I wanted to make sure that was clear.

Poisoning didn't work. I'm slowly rejoining the living. Keep that in mind castaways for your next murder attempt!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

WEEK 5 CHALLENGE
MTC Las Vegas Murder Mystery Meetup

Back by popular demand (and also just because we are in charge and you have to do what we say), The MTC Murder Mystery Challenge! This week, each tribe will concoct and submit a murder mystery story to be judged. The goal is to stump the three genius judges. You now have a chance to take out your anger on the gamemasters. Scrmcasey and I are volunteering to be the victims in your Murder Mystery story.

Mysteries will be judged on 3 criteria, each judged on a scale from 1-10.

Flair/Presentation: We don’t want to just read a wall of text so try to organize it in an easy to read, aesthetically pleasing fashion. You have full creative license here and can add illustrations, etc as you see fit.

Content: Is the story fun and interesting to read? Does the plot draw us in and make us really want to know what the identity of the murderer is?

Characters: Are the characters well developed and easily distinguishable from one another?

Recipe for Your Mystery:

Characters: Each tribe member needs to be a character in the story. You can add other forum members as characters for flavor if desired.

Murderer: The murderer should be a member of your tribe and must be kept a secret for the judges to solve.

Victim:

PIGS - you get to murder Vanyanka @Vanyanka

CSI MTC - your victim is scrmcasey @scrmcasey

Location: The story should take place and an MTC Forum Meetup in Las Vegas.

Clues: Your story needs to have at least 3 legitimate clues as to who the murderer. The case needs to be solvable by the judges or your score will be lower.

Solution: You must send a pm to Jaded @Jaded with the identity of the murderer by Thursday, April 11 at 8 pm PDT. After this week is over, please edit your original post to include the murderer as a spoiler for those who wish to read these in the future.

One of your cast members needs to need to post your murder mystery in this thread by Thursday, April 11 8 pm PDT. If your story is late, points will be deducted.

If you stump the judges, each member of your tribe will receive an additional point, win or lose. Castaways on the winning tribe will each receive 2 points. Have fun with murdering your teammates!

PIGS:
mboone73 @mboone73
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh
DareAngel3 @DareAngel3
LucyO @LucyO
E @El Pablo

CSI MTC:
MeTurks @MeTurks
Despairagus @Despairagus
Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm
Katia2019 @Katia2019
ristiekay @ristiekay