Survivor 3 Challenge Thread

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
WEEK 1 CHALLENGE

MTC SUPERHEROES

Time to get your creative juices flowing for this first challenge! Each tribe will be assigned a MTC staff duo to morph into their own superhero squad!

TRIBE 1: electrolyte @electrolyte / jan @jan

TRIBE 2: kryss @kryssyy / jklmnop @jklmnop

TRIBE 3: aveline @aveline / TSolo315 @TSolo315

What I'm looking for you to include in this task:
  • Their backstory of how they met and came to be a superduo.
  • What their superpower(s) is/are.
  • What their kryptonite is.
  • What they look like. I want some type of artistic media. Whether is digital, photos, gifs, it doesn't matter. I just need some type of visual representation of the duo.
The more creative, the better! Myself and the MTC staff (minus Jaded @Jaded) will weigh in and vote on which team will be the winning Tribe. All four members of this tribe will receive a point for winning this round.

This presentation of superheroes will be due FRIDAY, MARCH 17th by 12 pm pst. Please post any story and media here in the challenge thread. This post will be posted by only one member of your tribe.

:tqueen:

jan

Reaction score
WEEK 1 CHALLENGE

MTC SUPERHEROES

Time to get your creative juices flowing for this first challenge! Each tribe will be assigned a MTC staff duo to morph into their own superhero squad!

TRIBE 1: electrolyte @electrolyte / jan @jan

TRIBE 2: kryss @kryssyy / jklmnop @jklmnop

TRIBE 3: aveline @aveline / TSolo315 @TSolo315

What I'm looking for you to include in this task:
  • Their backstory of how they met and came to be a superduo.
  • What their superpower(s) is/are.
  • What their kryptonite is.
  • What they look like. I want some type of artistic media. Whether is digital, photos, gifs, it doesn't matter. I just need some type of visual representation of the duo.
The more creative, the better! Myself and the MTC staff (minus Jaded @Jaded) will weigh in and vote on which team will be the winning Tribe. All four members of this tribe will receive a point for winning this round.

This presentation of superheroes will be due FRIDAY, MARCH 17th by 12 pm pst. Please post any story and media here in the challenge thread. This post will be posted by only one member of your tribe.

this will make my daughter laugh so hard!

Sara Gates

Reaction score
Can we post it in the morning? or is there a set time we should?

Reactions: Jaded

Sara Gates

Reaction score
Tribe 3 entry:

On an ordinary night in Crowd City, the legendary Aveline prowled the streets. Loved by citizens, feared by villains, the feline hero, customarily silent and dangerous, was leaving the site of a bank heist where she’d rescued three hostages and helped the police apprehend the criminals – all without ever being seen. But as she sped through the city, a storm rolled in. Thunder boomed and lightning flashed. And then, the only thing that ever caused brave Aveline’s dedication to flag happened.

Rain poured from the sky. Aveline shrieked and froze for a moment before springing into the air, eyes panicking behind her black mask. She ran full speed to the closest abandoned building and slipped inside. As the storm raged outside she shook herself dry, hissed in anger and stalked through the dark building to find a place to wait out the rain. She found a boarded up door and ripped it open to reveal a set of descending stairs. In the basement she found a most shocking thing.

There, in the middle of the room, lit only by sputtering candled, hovering three feet above the ground with his legs folded, sat the great ape warrior TSolo315. His eyes flitted to the sound of someone entering his hideout. But before he could deal with that, a voice cried out from afar. TSolo315’s hand tightened on his sword and he took a deep breath. In an instant he transported himself to the source of that cry. A young woman across the country in an animal sanctuary was crouched on the floor. A trio of orangutans huddled behind her, terrified. And looming over them all, a man holding a large net and a rifle. “Get out of the way or die,” the stranger said.

Anger filled TSolo315 and he lashed out. With one quick swipe of his sword, the evil man’s net was in tatters. With another swing the rifle was far out of reach. “Run or die,” TSolo315 replied to the stranger. He ran.

TSolo315 nodded silently to the woman and the orangutans and then teleported back to the basement. He opened his eyes just as Aveline was approaching.

“Bad kitty,” he said gruffly. “This is my lair. Go find your own.” What he didn’t say is that he couldn’t leave this place. Not for long. The very magic that had given him strength and the ability to teleport was tied to the mysterious metal in the floor of the basement. If he left it for too long his powers drained and he would eventually die.

Aveline hissed. “I go where I please.”

They faced off, neither willing to back down. TSolo315 raised his sword. Aveline extended her claws.

“Do you want to die tonight, cat?” TSolo315 asked, annoyed. “I have a tasty treat you’ll just love.” He cruelly referenced the only thing they had in common. The only thing that could destroy them both.

“As if you’d ever let that poison near you,” Aveline replied. “Besides, there hasn’t been any of that in this city for years. The people want us out there helping, not dying from eating…” she paused and shuddered. “Eating...that.”

TSolo315 shrugged, but didn’t lower his weapon.

The heroes glared at each other for a long, silent moment. But before either decided to strike, the sound of many screams filled the air.

“That sounds like trouble,” TSolo315 said. Aveline agreed. She ran up the stairs full speed as he disappeared. By the time she got to the scene of the crime, the fire had engulfed three floors of the building. She looked up and saw people in apartments desperate to escape, terrified. TSolo315 was nowhere to be seen.

Aveline ran to the back of a building and scaled the wall, happy that the rain had stopped. She sprinted across the roof and down a fire escape to an open window. Inside she found a family of three. She helped them out and got them up to the roof before moving to the next window.

Within minutes she had everyone in the building safely upstairs. “Don’t worry,” she told them. “The fire fighters will put out this blaze and you’ll all be fine.”

“No, they won’t,” a voice said from behind her. TSolo315 had arrived. “There are accidents all over the city. No trucks can get through. I did what I could to clear the road but it is going to take some time.”

Aveline looked over the side of the building. “The fire is spreading too quickly. These people need to get out of here.”

“I can handle that,” TSolo315 assured her. “But we have another problem.”

“What?”

“This fire was no accident. I’ve seen this work before. Did you notice the pizza place downstairs?”

“I did. You can’t mean…” She was shocked.

“Yes. This was arson. And only one man could be responsible.”

“I thought he was dead.”

“We all did.” TSolo315 shook his head, furious and afraid. “Obviously that’s what he wanted us to think. So the city would forget.”

Aveline shuddered.

One of the people on the roof, a little boy, walked over. “Who did this? Who wants to hurt us?”

TSolo315 looked down at him. “This wasn’t about you. It was about this building. A very bad man wants to destroy all the pizza places in this city so everyone has to eat at his.”

“Why?” the boy asked.

“Because he’s evil. And can’t accept that no one wants his disgusting pizza.” He spat angrily.

“What’s wrong with his pizza? I love pizza,” the boy said.

“Not this pizza,” Aveline assured him. “It has… pineapple on it.”

The boy and most of the others on the roof screamed. “Not pineapple pizza!”

The little boy clung to Aveline’s black leather-clad leg. “But isn’t pineapple pizza poisonous to you? That’s what my teacher said. It hurts super heroes.”

She nodded. “Yes. While it just tastes disgusting to you, it does even worse to us. But not all super heroes. Just the two of us. It steals our powers and could kill us.”

“Oh no,” the boy cried.

“Shhh, shhh,” Aveline said, trying to calm him. “I know, I know. He created that abomination to kill us. Making normal people miserable is just a bonus for him. But don’t you worry, kiddo. We’ll stop him. No one will ever have to eat pizza with pineapple on it as long as I’m alive.”

“And me,” TSolo315 added. “We need to work together, Aveline. Let our weakness be our strength.”

“Yes,” she agreed. “The city needs us both now. Together we will stop the Pineapple Pizza Man. We will save this city.”

“But, if he burns down all the other places, couldn’t we just not eat pizza?” the boy’s mother asked from behind him.

Aveline hissed.

TSolo315 grunted. “What good is being alive if you can’t have pizza?”

Everyone agreed.

“Thank you, Aveline and TSolo315,” the little boy said. “Thank you.”

Once the residents were safe and the fire was out, Aveline and TSolo315 left the scene together. They spent the rest of the night making plans in their now shared lair. To once and for all defeat the Pineapple Pizza Man. To protect the city and the world from the evil scourge of pizza with pineapple on it. For the rest of their lives if that’s what it took.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
From the works of Tribe 1:

We appreciate everyone taking a moment out of their busy turking schedules to attend this meeting. Our team has compiled a small file regarding a new superhero duo that has emerged in our city recently.

As most of the public already knows, Electrolyte has been around for years saving civilians and military personnel out of the toughest of situations. Our city attracts the nastiest of bad guys, and she has always used her mystical rainbow energy to fight them off. Although she still refuses to allow us to analyze the multi-colored beams that shoot from her hands, we know that this is unlike anything we have seen before. This is still speculation, but its quite possible that she arrived from one of the moons of Jupiter.

Her sidekick, Jan, is rather new to the superhero scene. It was difficult, but here are the truths we managed to pull from all of the urban legends floating around on her. She was born to a human couple. They were doctors working with a rare frog at about the time of Jan's birth. As you can see from the photo, this must have had something to do with her...mutations. There is a lot of red tape surrounding the experiment her parents were assigned to and most of the officials we have interviewed still insist that Jan does not even exist. One theory is that she exiled herself from the public eye and lived alone, training solo in the martial arts.

Jan is pretty shy out in the city. She tends to cling to the shadows and only shows up when Electrolyte is in need of extra assistance. A few very trusty informants have given us the details on how they teamed up. Remember when Electrolyte was battling the villain we dubbed Basset Hound, because of his droopy ears? He tried to get away from her by running through the swamps on the edge of town. She tried to slow him down with a colorful energy blast. He took a direct hit when he changed direction suddenly, causing him to fall in the swamp. Since her rainbow power paralyzed him, he couldn't swim out. Jan was in that swamp, what a coincidence right? Anyway, she has very sticky hands and took a hold of him to drag him out of the swamp, saving his life. Electrolyte was fascinated with her and took Jan under her wing from that point on. She has been invaluable in restraining some pretty tough guys which leads us to believe she may also possess super strength.

Both Electrolyte and Jan are not without their "kryptonite."
-During many bank robberies, Electrolyte has been unable to nab the thieves. One common element all of these robberies had in common was gold. This even led to a few jokes about Electrolyte having an obsession with locating the pot of gold at the end of her rainbow. It does seem to dazzle her and leads as a successful diversion for the bad guys to evade capture.
-About half of the time Jan has been spotted, she has been caring for piglets. You might have even heard the rumor that she fell in love with the half human/half swine enemy Mr. Ham. He's been locked in solitary confinement for about 3 months now. There must have been a local super-villain conference lately, because more and more antagonists have kidnapped pigs from local farms to use as bait. Jan will more often than not choose to get the pigs to safety instead of facing off with the bad guys.

That's the most comprehensive list we have on these two so far. Their photos are included below so that everyone can remember that these two are trying to assist us in our fight for good over evil.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Those are great! Tribe 2 don't forget yours is due by midday today! We'll get some judging together and announce the winner probably by this evening.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Team 2 you have a little over an hour left to post your challenge!

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Reactions: TQueen

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
All 3 tribes did a great job!

I'm going to give our judges time to review the entries and TOMORROW MORNING will announce which tribe won and award each member of the winning tribe 1 point. Remember, that's a point closer to being this season's Sole Survivor!

Good luck! :tqueen:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
WEEK 2 CHALLENGE
COUNT YO HITS

Tribe with the most hits at the end of the week wins!

Here's how it will work:
  • I will start a group pm between myself and all the members of your team.
  • You will send me a screenshot each day of how many hits you've completed. The money amount won't matter, I just want to see how many hits you've submitted each day. Example:

• Submit these daily to me in our PM conversation with your team.
  • If it is not submitted by thread change each day, it won't count towards your team total.
  • I'll give an update each morning which tribe is currently in the lead.
  • You will submit for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. On Saturday morning I will announce the winning tribe.
  • Don't try to cheat or photoshop the image, that's just gross.
The winners this week:

Each person on the winning tribe will receive one point and become one step closer to winning Sole Survivor.

The person with the MOST HITS SUBMITTED on the winning tribe will be given an extra point to give to anyone one the other 3 tribes. If Tribe 3 wins, and DorthyZbornak @DorthyZbornak had the most hits submitted, she would be given an extra point to give to anyone on Tribe 1, 2 or 4.

DorthyZbornak

Golden
Contributor
Reaction score
WEEK 2 CHALLENGE
COUNT YO HITS

Tribe with the most hits at the end of the week wins!

Here's how it will work:
  • I will start a group pm between myself and all the members of your team.
  • You will send me a screenshot each day of how many hits you've completed. The money amount won't matter, I just want to see how many hits you've submitted each day. Example:

• Submit these daily to me in our PM conversation with your team.
  • If it is not submitted by thread change each day, it won't count towards your team total.
  • I'll give an update each morning which tribe is currently in the lead.
  • You will submit for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. On Saturday morning I will announce the winning tribe.
  • Don't try to cheat or photoshop the image, that's just gross.
The winners this week:

Each person on the winning tribe will receive one point and become one step closer to winning Sole Survivor.

The person with the MOST HITS SUBMITTED on the winning tribe will be given an extra point to give to anyone one the other 3 tribes. If Tribe 3 wins, and DorthyZbornak @DorthyZbornak had the most hits submitted, she would be given an extra point to give to anyone on Tribe 1, 2 or 4.

I like to think that evil laugh smiley is everyone laughing at the possibility that I have the most hits. I know that's what I would've done...

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Who's in what Tribe this week? :D