Sugar Reset Support Group

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yesterday was easy! Finally an easy day :) Burrito for breakfast, quinoa collard green rolls for lunch, and ended up getting giant non-sugary sandwiches for dinner (you'd be surprised, or maybe not if you're in this thread...) + grapes and roasted mixed nuts and lots of tea for snacks :)

Reactions: Jaded and Pleco

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Doing fine today - I have a pot roast in the oven and I'll make some cheesy grits to go with it later. My husband is at a conference this weekend and he went to a chocolate shop my sister showed him in KC and he's bringing me back a bunch of exciting chocolates I'll have to wait to eat :o_o:

Snacking is OK - I miss sugar still, but it's not uncontrollable. My favorite snack right now are these roasted nuts from Aldi because they are really really nicely roasted and there's no salt so it's just the delicious enhanced nutty flavors and a really nice crunchy texture :hungry: But they'd be even better with wine and chocolate and Trader Joe's giant raisins :sour:

Reactions: Jaded and Pleco

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yesterday was bad! I ate all the sugar! It was my least self-destructive coping mechanism. Anyway, feel gross today. Back to it! I never thought it would be smooth and easy the whole time, but still, ouch. :hungover:

Reactions: Pleco and ducky

Achilles2357

Reaction score
For snacking, eat nuts. Eat salted nuts if you wish. It is difficult to overeat nuts. I suspect that eating nuts is far healthier than eating sugary snacks or bread/crackers/etc.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
For snacking, eat nuts. Eat salted nuts if you wish. It is difficult to overeat nuts. I suspect that eating nuts is far healthier than eating sugary snacks or bread/crackers/etc.
Today is better so far! I do like eating roasted nuts along with some berries or grapes. Or sometimes a spoonful of microwaved almond butter (Justin butter has no sugar) with a banana. Definitely feel full after that + a glass of water.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Got a week left! I'm looking forward to wine and yogurt with honey and granola in it. Going to the movies today so I'll have to figure out a non-sugary snack (ew movie popcorn)... usually I like raisinets.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Things have been pretty level the past few days.... two to go and then I can forget about this whole thing :thinking: