Struggling with scripts and would love some help!

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All! Another question about scripts and Panda, hope it's OK!

I've been reading and reading and reading everything I can about scripts and Pandas and I'm still totally lost. I have just a little over 900 HITS and I should be running stuff right by now!

I use Chrome and have these extensions installed:

TO

Tampermonkey

Crowd Workers

Mturk Suite

I don't see anything working the right way and I feel like a dummy! :)

What should I be doing and using to run scripts the right way? I installed HIT Finder and got even more confused.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys can offer me! It's a lot of info! I've been reading through the forums and I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed by it all!

Thanks you awesome, wonderful peeps!

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
"I don't see anything working the right way" is too ambiguous. Can you provide some specifics, maybe post some screenshots? Would make it easier for people to help you.

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi! Um, yeah, that was pretty ambiguous. So all I see right now is the regular (old) dashboard. TO comes up under the requester and then, after adding Mturk Suite there is an accept link next to the preview hit link. I have a bar up top showing my progress for the day. Nothing else happening besides that. And it's running REALLY slowly!

For some reason I can't add a screenshot. Maybe because I'm new and need more posts?

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi! Um, yeah, that was pretty ambiguous. So all I see right now is the regular (old) dashboard. TO comes up under the requester and then, after adding Mturk Suite there is an accept link next to the preview hit link. I have a bar up top showing my progress for the day. Nothing else happening besides that. And it's running REALLY slowly!

For some reason I can't add a screenshot. Maybe because I'm new and need more posts?
Try removing the TO and Crowd Worker extensions and see if anything changes.

Add the script version of TO from here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/14926-turkopticon-async

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
If you're using MTurkSuite, that has TO built in, so you don't need any separate TO script.

Reactions: TSolo315

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
YAY, thank you!

I just turned on Mturk Suite. If I'm using that should I be using anything else? Panda? Also, on Mturk Suite, things are popping up like crazy and I can't tell what color is what color, etc. Is there a rhyme or reason to it?

Thanks, you guys, you're awesome. I really appreciate it!

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
YAY, thank you!

I just turned on Mturk Suite. If I'm using that should I be using anything else? Panda? Also, on Mturk Suite, things are popping up like crazy and I can't tell what color is what color, etc. Is there a rhyme or reason to it?

Thanks, you guys, you're awesome. I really appreciate it!
Check out Panda Crazy. There is a thread here for it in scripts. On my phone right now so I can't get it unfortunately.

The colors on TO correspond to their ratings. Grey is for requester accounts that don't have TO rating (no reviews); red for bad ratings; yellow for semi-iffy; green for good ones.

The colors aren't always good indicators of whether a task or a requester is good or bad, though. It's a good habit to check their TO and read the reviews to be sure. Sometimes (at last with the old TO) people's reviews skew results. I've done HITs where they had very bad ratings but the work itself turned out good; I've also had the opposite happen.

Not sure what other scripts you need but look into mturk database for sure. Greasyfork has a lot of nifty scripts that you may or may not wanna use, depending on your turking style/preferences.

If you have issues with scripts after installing, simply use the tampermonkey dashboard to turn them off and on to troubleshoot which gives you an issue.

If I was on my computer I'd give a list of scripts but I'm not. Hopefully this advice helps :)

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
You are so awesome, thank you for the tips!

Question, should I be running all of those with Mturk Suite? Seems like so much! Or do I not use Mturk Suite and run the ones you suggest instead?

Again, so many thanks! I'm learning so much today! :) :) :)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
You are so awesome, thank you for the tips!

Question, should I be running all of those with Mturk Suite? Seems like so much! Or do I not use Mturk Suite and run the ones you suggest instead?

Again, so many thanks! I'm learning so much today! :) :) :)
I run MTurkSuite extension all the time for the dashboard features, the built in TO, and HIT Finder.

Tampermonkey needs to be on all the time (for me) since I have other scripts that require it.

I don't use Crowd Workers nor do I know anything much about it so I can't comment on that one.

I turn on Panda Crazy just when I want to catch some specific HIT and then turn if off again.

How and when you turn scripts on/off is up to you and how you develop your style of working.

Reactions: micky

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you so much! So, how do you use Tampermonkey AND Mturk Suite at the same time?

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I run MTurkSuite extension all the time for the dashboard features, the built in TO, and HIT Finder.

Tampermonkey needs to be on all the time (for me) since I have other scripts that require it.

I don't use Crowd Workers nor do I know anything much about it so I can't comment on that one.

I turn on Panda Crazy just when I want to catch some specific HIT and then turn if off again.

How and when you turn scripts on/off is up to you and how you develop your style of working.
Thank you so much! So, how do you use Tampermonkey AND Mturk Suite at the same time?

(ooops somehow I double-posted. Still getting used to things around here! :))

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

(ooops somehow I double-posted. Still getting used to things around here! :))
Tampermonkey is an extension that allows userscripts to work. MTurkSuite is an extension that adds helpful things like dashboard modifications, HIT Finder, and TO. The two are totally unrelated. Install both extensions and you should be fine.