Speech Quality Assessments

Sander

Reaction score
I've been doing these but I'm wondering if they want us to rate the audios on just the speech, or do they want us to include the background noise in our ratings? There are some where the voices are really really clear and I would give it an "excellent" rating, but in the background all the sudden is a baby crying or some static. So I'm not sure how to rate it. They say to rate the quality of the speech but they don't mention whether to take into account the background noise or not.

Reactions: Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've wondered that as well. So far, they've just approved everything. But it might be a good question to ask to be on the safe side.
I've been doing these but I'm wondering if they want us to rate the audios on just the speech, or do they want us to include the background noise in our ratings? There are some where the voices are really really clear and I would give it an "excellent" rating, but in the background all the sudden is a baby crying or some static. So I'm not sure how to rate it. They say to rate the quality of the speech but they don't mention whether to take into account the background noise or not.

Sander

Reaction score
I did 60 of them yesterday so hopefully they will get approved.