Some Observations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'd just like to remind everyone of some of the rules here in response to some things that we've been noticing lately.

First, we've been seeing a bit of political discussion happening outside of the politics thread. Political discussion has a tendency to lead to heated arguments and people complaining and it's too difficult for us to moderate when it's happening all over the forum. The politics thread exists specifically for that purpose and that sort of discussion really only needs to be happening there.

Also, I would like to remind everyone that the rules about being respectful of others and not posting anything offensive extend to every thread of this forum, not just the work threads. We've been noticing people in threads outside of the work threads repeatedly name-calling and complaining about people that post in other threads. This needs to stop. It also seems that certain threads have had a misogyny problem lately. That needs to be taken somewhere else because we won't tolerate it here. The Social Discussion forum isn't there for people to do whatever they want without having to worry about the rules. Everyone sees that stuff.

We've also seen people not just on the forum, but also in Discord, intentionally targeting others for harassment. Some examples are people following others around the forum to make passive-aggressive comments with the intent to provoke, or people using the reaction button to provoke or annoy others. If you have such an issue with someone that you can't interact with them without intentionally causing problems, put them on ignore. It's why the ignore button exists.

We may be a much smaller forum than we used to be, but we do still need to get along. That works a lot better when we're not all being awful to each other. If you feel you can't handle that for whatever reason, then please take it someplace else.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
edit: Nvm I don't even like my idea. No point in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.