So.. hello there :D

Andrei C.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm glad to be a new member of the community. My name is Andrew / Andrei and I'm from eastern Europe. I'm 19 y/o and my interests are mainly technology and philosophy. I also spend quite some time on games (My top 3 singleplayer franchises: mass effect, witcher & dragon age, multiplayer: wow & wot). I'm about to begin my freshmen year at a local faculty (it's translated to Automation & Computers, but idk if there's another term for that) and I wanted to have earn some money to get an upgrade for my PC and as a result I've found Amazon MTurk.
I've tried a few hits now (after reading the 'Your first 1000 hits' guide), mostly receipt transcription (which I found quite awful) and an image labeling hit that wouldn't allow me to hit submit :\

Might my location or browser (using Chrome) affect some hits? I've seen some posts on /r/mturk saying that ~80% of the hits are US only
Any advice for my first 100 hits? My enthusiasm plummeted pretty hard today.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Reactions: jml

Andrei C.

Reaction score
I've now noticed that a lot of hit's just won't load and I'm 100% sure it's not from my internet. What about qualifications - should I spend some time seeking quals?
Sorry in case I'm asking too many questions.

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
I've now noticed that a lot of hit's just won't load and I'm 100% sure it's not from my internet. What about qualifications - should I spend some time seeking quals?
Sorry in case I'm asking too many questions.
What do you mean when you say a hit won't load? Like...you'll accept the hit and then page just won't load when you go to work on it? That might be a requester issue but it's hard to say with limited info. Do you remember what requesters this was happening for?

soren

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum

Andrei C.

Reaction score
I don't really remember, but it was about transcribing some information from some pieces of paper. Alas, from what I gather I must focus on approval rating and numbers in my first few weeks so that I can get access to better hits. What number hits would your recommend? I kinda like p9r and Mike Turk's hits (where you watch a video and count outgoing/incoming people through a door), but I've seen ScoutIT posting tons of hits, though I hate receipts, are they worth it?
Edit: The Hits that wouldn't load were from CopyText Inc.

Last edited: