Slow recently ?

Daywalker

Reaction score
Hey, is it just me, or is it really slow on mTurk over the past 2-3 weeks, comparing to 2-3 months ago ?
I can't reach my daily goal for a long time now, when in the past I had no problems with that.
thx !

• Sad
Reactions: C to the J and jan

jan

Reaction score
Hey, is it just me, or is it really slow on mTurk over the past 2-3 weeks, comparing to 2-3 months ago ?
I can't reach my daily goal for a long time now, when in the past I had no problems with that.
thx !
I've had a few okay days, but in general. It is certainly slow :(

Reactions: savvy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
thx !
The platform has honestly been on a consistent downtrend for about 4 years now.
Took a nose dive this last year though.

1957Teddy

Reaction score
This post makes me curious as to whether MTurk will ever return to its past strengths. A few years ago MTurk was pretty strong with some good surveys. Its was worthy of several hours a day but the past year and especially the 2nd half of 2020, MTurk seems to have tanked. Am I the only one who has noticed this? Did the pandemic cause this? MTurk has always been heavy on Doctorate surveys, maybe there are much fewer Doctorate candidates during a crisis.

Reactions: LowCalCalzone

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
This post makes me curious as to whether MTurk will ever return to its past strengths. A few years ago MTurk was pretty strong with some good surveys. Its was worthy of several hours a day but the past year and especially the 2nd half of 2020, MTurk seems to have tanked. Am I the only one who has noticed this? Did the pandemic cause this? MTurk has always been heavy on Doctorate surveys, maybe there are much fewer Doctorate candidates during a crisis.
Fewer people enrolled in colleges/universities due to the pandemic almost certainly had an effect on available work this year, but from what I understand MTurk had already slowly been drying up over time. I did better on MTurk this past year than I did the year before, but that was largely due to the vast amount and availability of COVID and political surveys (unfortunately) as well as having a bit more time during my day job to pick away at those surveys. And those COVID surveys definitely became more scarce from summertime on. I can only imagine because of people's financial situations due to the pandemic that more people turned to platforms like MTurk to make ends meet and that certainly had an effect on available work. I'm not sure what to expect going forward; I've definitely greatly tempered my expectations for this year and have set my weekly/monthy/yearly goals accordingly.

Reactions: LowCalCalzone

1957Teddy

Reaction score
You are right about the political surveys the last few months, lots of them and the Covid surveys as well. But when those surveys are all clearly copies of each other it gets boring real quick. When Govt demands that you stay home, Mturk has been a handy way this past year to make a few extra bucks.