Skin Care / Beauty Products

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the new skin care line from ELF because they're really affordable. I have sensitive skin so I usually have to be careful what I put on. Their stuff doesn't break me out or cause any issues. I really want to try their new bubble face mask >_>

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I really like the new skin care line from ELF because they're really affordable. I have sensitive skin so I usually have to be careful what I put on. Their stuff doesn't break me out or cause any issues. I really want to try their new bubble face mask >_>
OK, you've convinced me! You'll probably be getting a heated call from my husband.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
OK, you've convinced me! You'll probably be getting a heated call from my husband.
Hahaha let me know how you like them! I currently only own the Daily Hydration Moisturizer and the Illuminating Eye cream but they do wonders for my face :thumbup:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So I've started using this cleanser lately and I'm obsessed. It smells just slightly of roses (doesn't hurt my insanely sensitive skin a bit) and the texture is luxurious.

I think the only place you can buy it is on their website www.glossier.com. There is a $5 off coupon on www.retailmenot.com, which also includes free shipping.

You'll also get an additional 20% off if you use my referral link: http://bff.glossier.com/drtFg.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

and

I've been the top product for a couple weeks and I used my first sheet mask last night. I bought both of these on Amazon and they were pretty inexpensive. Beware of Sephora on Tonymoly because it's overpriced. My skin has been looking gorgeous if I do say so myself. Probably in my head at this early stage, but I'll take it. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Pippa

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Memebox now has free shipping with no minimum! It's one of the easiest Kbeauty shops to order from and I love it and all I do is look at it.

This is my referral code but you don't have to use it, you can just go to https://us.memebox.com and see the magic! They even have lip tint that is shaped like a wine bottle. Too cute.

http://share.memebox.com/x/TDwrNQ

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is the set that I use religiously.

The only problem is it's Mary Kay, and you have to get it from one of those overbearing sales women.

BUT, this is by far the best system I've used. The day step 2 is extra awesome because it has an SPF 35 in it. I've had zero blemishes, no wrinkling, no skin tightness/dryness, and it's easy on my sensitive skin, which breaks out from aloe vera. It's also fragrance free.

Edit :

Here's a linky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanyanka and corvid

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon is having a special where you get $25 back on a $50 luxury beauty purchase with code PRIMEDAY25

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Amazon is having a special where you get $25 back on a $50 luxury beauty purchase with code PRIMEDAY25
I really, really want to do this! But, I'm being good this summer and it's horrible.

I got my $25 Sephora GC from Swagbucks today and I've already spent it. They're offering 5 deluxe samples instead of the normal 3 with any order.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Aight ya'll for any of you who have hormonal acne like mine thats a son of a bitch, something that always worked well for me was Cold water, Paula's Choice anti-redness exfoliation, and Nevea moisturizer.

Idk about you ladies' routines, but I've always been a cleanse-exfoliate-moisturize kinda lady. My friends swear by stridex but my face is so sensative that it makes mine worse :\

Last edited:

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
My friends swear by stridex but my face is so sensative that it makes mine worse :\
In the red box? I was terrified to try these because I have dry, acne-prone, somewhat-sensitive skin, but somehow these work. I'll be damned if I can move my face for 5 minutes after I've used them, though. So drying!

Reactions: Vanyanka

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
In the red box? I was terrified to try these because I have dry, acne-prone, somewhat-sensitive skin, but somehow these work. I'll be damned if I can move my face for 5 minutes after I've used them, though. So drying!
A lot of people on the r/skinaddiction subreddit swear by it, but you usually have to follow up with moisturizer to prevent drying. My skin just gets irritated super easily

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Just a tidbit. I grew up in the time of 'oil is bad, mkay?' and so never gave a thought to the idea that my dry skin actually needed oil. I got some face oil as a sampler and it has done wonders for my patches (t-zone) of chronic dry skin. I have't noticed any build up or issues from it, and I've been using it just once a week.

Probably not great for everyone but I am grateful to have found a thing that works! (Moisturizers do plump up my skin but never really 'fixed' those dry spots more than temporarily)

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
MerryLou @MerryLou i love oils! they feel so nice. i went through a period where i pretty much just used rose hip oil with a drop or two of lavender essential oil on my face. these days i mostly stick to moisturizers for my face, but lots of nights i'll slather my hands in rose hip just before i go to sleep and then they're so soft in the morning.

Vanyanka @Vanyanka and LowCalCalzone @LowCalCalzone have convinced me to try paula's choice once i start to run out of my current stuff. i use a lot of derma e right now. i'm not terribly attached to it, but it never irritates my skin and i like that it's largely natural.

does anyone take any supplements or eat/drink anything for their skin? drinking green tea seems to help my skin more than anything i've ever put on it. i also started taking black currant seed oil for the omega 3's this past winter which i think helps with overall moisture and inflammation. moisture was never really an issue for me until this past year. i guess it's a sign that my skin is getting older, sigh. for two weeks or so (generally during the waning moon) i also take dandelion/dock/thistle to clear out toxins.

my hormonal breakouts are erratic. some months everything will be fine and others are awful. so i just started (literally last week) taking dim. it's naturally found in cruciferous vegetables and it's supposed to help the body metabolize excess estrogen to balance things out a bit. i think it's too soon to tell if it's doing anything, but i haven't had any adverse reactions to it so i'm going to stick with it.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
MerryLou @MerryLou i love oils! they feel so nice. i went through a period where i pretty much just used rose hip oil with a drop or two of lavender essential oil on my face. these days i mostly stick to moisturizers for my face, but lots of nights i'll slather my hands in rose hip just before i go to sleep and then they're so soft in the morning.

Vanyanka @Vanyanka and LowCalCalzone @LowCalCalzone have convinced me to try paula's choice once i start to run out of my current stuff. i use a lot of derma e right now. i'm not terribly attached to it, but it never irritates my skin and i like that it's largely natural.

does anyone take any supplements or eat/drink anything for their skin? drinking green tea seems to help my skin more than anything i've ever put on it. i also started taking black currant seed oil for the omega 3's this past winter which i think helps with overall moisture and inflammation. moisture was never really an issue for me until this past year. i guess it's a sign that my skin is getting older, sigh. for two weeks or so (generally during the waning moon) i also take dandelion/dock/thistle to clear out toxins.

my hormonal breakouts are erratic. some months everything will be fine and others are awful. so i just started (literally last week) taking dim. it's naturally found in cruciferous vegetables and it's supposed to help the body metabolize excess estrogen to balance things out a bit. i think it's too soon to tell if it's doing anything, but i haven't had any adverse reactions to it so i'm going to stick with it.
I do take multi-vitamins just for my own piece of mind, but one of the best ways I've found to keep my acne at a low is just drinking water. I drink maybe 4-5 bottles a day and I can definitely notice a difference when I don't drink as much

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Just a tidbit. I grew up in the time of 'oil is bad, mkay?' and so never gave a thought to the idea that my dry skin actually needed oil. I got some face oil as a sampler and it has done wonders for my patches (t-zone) of chronic dry skin. I have't noticed any build up or issues from it, and I've been using it just once a week.
I love oils. SO much. My latest favourite is Marula - I had a sample of African Botanicals super expensive stuff but the Acure Marula oil is a fraction of the price and works just as awesomely.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I love oils. SO much. My latest favourite is Marula - I had a sample of African Botanicals super expensive stuff but the Acure Marula oil is a fraction of the price and works just as awesomely.
This is exactly what I use at night much of the time (depending on how my skin is feeling.) Acure has great quality facial oils that are really inexpensive.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I've honestly been really lucky in that I've never had acne. I get breakouts sometimes but never acne. I use the Paula's Choice 2% BHA which is great for preventing blackheads and clogged pores and it doesn't irritate my skin. I know that it's helped my sister with her acne a lot, too.

As far as supplement for my skin, I take astaxanthin for mild sun protection and wrinkle prevention. I take omega-3 oil for other reasons so I can't say for sure if it's helping my skin. Drinking a lot of water has always made a difference for me as well.

Reactions: corvid