Rep Present Siddharth Suri

Raven

I have a list of names, yours is in red underline
Contributor
Reaction score
Im kinda mad at myself for playing with this whole thing so long today. Definately behind on my daily goal now... >.>

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
Just being screwed with.

RatMonkey

Reaction score
Yeah, it is disgusting. Some people rely on Mturk for their daily meals and here we have this douche dangling the proverbial carrot in front of all of us.
I pretty much live off mTurk. I use it to pay bills, to put diapers on my baby, to basically get by every single day. Then this guy comes along dangling this bs in front of me and I take the bait. Too good to be true I thought in the beginning. Should have went with my instincts. I figured that he's got some track as a requester so maybe it's real. Lost a whole hours work with this so I am going to get back and try to work harder to make up for what I've lost. I hope someone who has his uni info calls them and complains that we're part of a study that isn't paying a cent. I'm sure they'll be happy about that when he pretends like you can make money. "Look at my yummy hit, be part of my non paying study and maybe you'll get to do them!"

Doesn't look too good for him, does it. I am pretty after his TO gets cleaner from all the people begging for codes we'll start to see real flags and negative stuff coming in, since some of us actually did complete part of the hit and didn't get paid.

GoldenQueNugget

Reaction score
I would love to see the data on this experiment. I wonder how many people kept their code vs how many people shared......

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
Im kinda mad at myself for playing with this whole thing so long today. Definately behind on my daily goal now... >.>
If the cap is indeed 50. You'll perhaps find more than 7.50 in hits in other things. :LOL:

Reactions: Raven

RatMonkey

Reaction score
i was provided a code by a friend - we all jumped on the code and used. those codes that you were sent were expired because they got used up and they tricked you into buying it after they already did all the hits or shared. i have heard there's a limit of 50. i did about 19. clearly it is about sharing, but before you talk about how awful the requester is you should probably learn some more. i am not sure why anyone would pay to get the code int he first place
The whole point is that HE doesn't state the codes have limits on them, does he? Or they get used up, or can't be used? He sends us on a chase for the codes and we have to find out that those that share them, like implied in the study, that they don't work. This is not an honest way to go about it. SO good for you that you completed them, but I got the codes, they should work and they don't. Who cares the way I went about getting them. Good requesters gain good trust. We have a lot, Eth, TA, all sorts of good ones that care about building trust. Then we have this guy who creates a study that makes him look like he's toying with his. "Get a code, do some good hits. Oh you got a code? SORRRYYYYY, it's expired. Too bad kidz!"

Douchebag requester much? It isn't just a harmless action. This study must be designed to screw so many people in so many different ways. After completing the instructions given and being told "Too late!! Lulz!" makes him look like a POS. How'd you like it if your parents gave you a wrapped gift for your bday and it was an empty box and said.. "You waited for your bday but you get nothing!". Not very amusing, is it?

Last edited:

Siddharth Suri

Requester
Reaction score
Hi Mturk community members,

Sid Suri here. I just wanted to address the recent HIT group we posted called Rating Movie Posters. We noticed that this HIT has generated some discussion because it requires an access code.

First of all, we want to sincerely apologize for any confusion or frustration this HIT has caused, that is not our intention. As some of you have noticed these HITs are part of an experiment, so if you’re not interested in participating or dealing with access codes, you can ignore these HITs altogether. We will post different HITs in the future that won’t require an access code.

Second, rest assured codes do in fact exist and are being continuously sent to hundreds of randomly selected workers as fast as possible. Codes provide access to a subset of the total HIT group and may expire as Turkers use them. You can use any access codes you find to try and work on HITs in this group.

Thanks for all your interest in my HITs and sorry we didn’t make this post sooner.

Sincerely,

Sid

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score

Sid Suri here. I just wanted to address the recent HIT group we posted called Rating Movie Posters. We noticed that this HIT has generated some discussion because it requires an access code.

First of all, we want to sincerely apologize for any confusion or frustration this HIT has caused, that is not our intention. As some of you have noticed these HITs are part of an experiment, so if you’re not interested in participating or dealing with access codes, you can ignore these HITs altogether. We will post different HITs in the future that won’t require an access code.

Second, rest assured codes do in fact exist and are being continuously sent to hundreds of randomly selected workers as fast as possible. Codes provide access to a subset of the total HIT group and may expire as Turkers use them. You can use any access codes you find to try and work on HITs in this group.

Thanks for all your interest in my HITs and sorry we didn’t make this post sooner.

Sincerely,

Sid
I'll ask........how do you select workers?

RatMonkey

Reaction score

Sincerely,

Sid
Fix your instructions. Your instructions are misleading. You are asking people to go out of their way before they can accept and do the hit, to find the code if they don't have one, and then you don't disclose in your hit that the code MAY be expired and we have to find out the hard way. Also, I know you are gathering information based on your submit button in the hit, so you are getting free research from those who enter expired codes. This is very questionable why you refused to pay users that give you valid research. Please don't be so hidden about your research since it is borderline fraud. Also, please do respond to peoples email to you via the MTurk platform. You are ignoring hundreds of users who have legitimate questions.

Run your experiment clearly within your hit and pay those who participate. You are fully aware there are thousands of people who are participating in your hit who have not yet been able to submit a single hit, which means they are unpaid. If your instructions were clear you would find less people complaining.

You are damaging your reputation as a requester and we all know that after a certain point the worker quality decreases because the better workers usually stick with the better requesters.

You state that we do not have to participate if we don't want to. That's true, but when we do, pay us!!! We start participating as soon as we consent to start looking for the codes. To reward us with nothing at all except a surprise of expired codes (that was not noted in the instructions at all) is ethically wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: clickhappier

kaputjan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Sincerely,

Sid
You know what:
The best thing we can do: If he's going to manipulate us to act like a damn rats through a maze, [mod edit] DO NOT SHARE the godamn code. If you receive it, keep it to you like a secret. Whatever promise they give you, don't follow. Even if they promise you to raise the amount of HITs you can do or the promise of a new code, DON'T. Keep it to you.

He's playing with our necessities, let's play with his necessities. [mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
I am not playing, but I sincerely love that the second google auto complete suggestion when you DO try to google "Siddharth Suri" is "Siddharth Suri access code."
If Siddharth Suri has an established blog with ads (If he does I didn't look) he would be making some serious money with adsense from this week alone, from clicks and whatnot. :rolleyes:

Reactions: heeheehahaha

Sidonie

Reaction score

Sincerely,

Sid
Honestly I don't have a problem with access codes. We've done your previous HITs with access codes, this post started as a place for people to help each other out through one of them, even. My problem is with the new additional restriction put upon the access codes. As someone that was lucky enough to get an access code and thought they'd be nice enough to share mine because I wanted to help out the community that usually provided these codes before, I was no longer able to do any more additional hits (or any at all since I had to return the one that I used to generate the code), and that's what was frustrating.

Reactions: Onyxbird

kgmommy

Reaction score
If anyone got an email today, PM me

kaputjan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's make sure we're staying respectful and aren't advocating not following instructions.
Oki doki.
I don't care anymore, and I sorry for that. Just seeing a lot of people failing on that, including me. There's people here that take this for serious living: They even work in mturk for change the diapers of their kids. Myself? For extra income from my 3rd world country with many issues, which is okay, everyone even in the 1st has theirs and ain't going to discuss that on here.
But pissed me off loosing 2 hours when I could: Rest, I could do other task, etc.
I've read at least 3 guys loosing 2 hours and seeking to work harder to get back their loosed time, it's simple: I get mad knowing that we're just puppets to this requester.
As I stated to kryssy, who nicely came to told me about the edit.
I told here "No problem.
When I chilled out, I even considered that the study tries to figure out when the community is going to be against him and when a reactionary will pop out, so actually even "ruining research" acts can be part of the plan of the guy and we were still doing his research. Mind Blown, isn't?"
That's why I DGAF anymore.

Thank you, regards.

Last edited: