Rep Present Siddharth Suri

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
where can i get the code plz? and can i do more than one wallstreet?
one wallstreet per day - but posting has been spotty the past few days.

Code for Suri - I think there was a qual hit weeks ago, and these people got the code and are not giving it out to others (from what I can tell).

Flames92

Reaction score
Man...can we get any hints or something on where to look. Ahhhhh

MrNewVegas

Not a player i just Turk alot
Reaction score
honestly nobody is going to give out the code, people are gonna be selfish and i don't blame them

Reactions: Kliq

DandyKit

Reaction score
Well its hitting 10k soon

Bluebear

Reaction score
Iba1Z
Sorry guys, looks like it's expired already. At least it is for me. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: kryss and phusia

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
"This access code has expired! But there are still 1 valid codes that you can obtain from other Turkers."

I think they're just messing with us. :cry: But thank you for posting!

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
one wallstreet per day - but posting has been spotty the past few days.

Code for Suri - I think there was a qual hit weeks ago, and these people got the code and are not giving it out to others (from what I can tell).
I did that qual hit and did not get a code

Onigiri

Reaction score
honestly nobody is going to give out the code, people are gonna be selfish and i don't blame them
Exactly. Anyone who got a code is going to be selfish, and they have every right to be. We all work hard for the money and hits like this don't come along often.

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
They already established that turkers don't care about pay rates or each other, and only want to undercut one another so not sure what they are trying to record that has not already been established.. Their last closed qual batch was not very good, and just trying to get their TO up for this new one. Don't believe their lies /0\

edit- just pointing out they state at the preview that it is a study on interactions between turkers, and nobody knows if the hits are good or if they are even real so stop pumping them up. Their past hits have not been any indication to good hits this time.

Last edited:

RatMonkey

Reaction score
Okay, let me break this down for some of you guys. First, I have 2 codes. Second, they are "expired". Which means the damn things are valid codes and it took me a while to get them, including setting up a hit on MTurk as a requester. I received about 30 codes, 28 of them were bs and people trying to just scam me. Those 28 will be rejected. The other 2 codes I will approve, since they give me a no longer working message when entered.

So to sum it up, this experiment is paying the majority of people 0. Yes, 0 dollars per hour. I went a bit far than your average person to obtain codes so I am actually in the negative now.

So if this experiment is on how people share, the community, blah blah it's one that apparently is designed to pay only a select few. How far will people go for a working code that don't have one? I'm not doing anything else. Done my part, down 10 dollars, and still unable to work on the hits.

So there you have it. You can keep chasing it if you want, but this experiment is nasty. I'm kinda pissed right now. Not that I am down 10 bucks, but rather I have two codes that should work, but hey I guess part of the experiment is some codes cannot be shared. Weird.

Now if you don't mind, I'll go back to working regular MTurk and stop chasing the bs I've been doing the last hour when I could have made a few more dollars. Kudos to the two guys that actually did share your codes with me though. There's something revealing there. If these guys were banging out at 50 dollars an hour with these amazing hits with their code, then why the hell would they take the time to let their scraper run and see mine, take it, submit it and decrease their earnings? My theory is because their codes aren't working like they should. Don't get me wrong, those things give a different message, and doesn't say they are invalid so I believe strongly they are the right codes. I would give my code away for 5 bucks if I knew it was bs too.

Also the tasks are going down and up, down and up. There's no way in hell this requester is paying the amount that is shown. At the rate it's going down/up, if they are getting completed, he's dropped over 3k on this batch. Sorry, that seems ridiculous, with the fees too. Ain't no study I've come across recently would pay that for a batch that by the preview picture would pay 15 cents for 5 seconds of work in the 10s of thousands. Bs study if you ask me.

Last edited:

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Okay, let me break this down for some of you guys. First, I have 2 codes. Second, they are "expired". Which means the damn things are valid codes and it took me a while to get them, including setting up a hit on MTurk as a requester. I received about 30 codes, 28 of them were bs and people trying to just scam me. Those 28 will be rejected. The other 2 codes I will approve, since they give me a no longer working message when entered.

So to sum it up, this experiment is paying the majority of people 0. Yes, 0 dollars per hour. I went a bit far than your average person to obtain codes so I am actually in the negative now.

So if this experiment is on how people share, the community, blah blah it's one that apparently is designed to pay only a select few. How far will people go for a working code that don't have one? I'm not doing anything else. Done my part, down 10 dollars, and still unable to work on the hits.

So there you have it. You can keep chasing it if you want, but this experiment is nasty. I'm kinda pissed right now. Not that I am down 10 bucks, but rather I have two codes that should work, but hey I guess part of the experiment is some codes cannot be shared. Weird.

Now if you don't mind, I'll go back to working regular MTurk and stop chasing the bs I've been doing the last hour when I could have made a few more dollars. Kudos to the two guys that actually did share your codes with me though.

Also the tasks are going down and up, down and up. There's no way in hell this requester is paying the amount that is shown. At the rate it's going down/up, if they are getting completed, he's dropped over 3k on this batch. Sorry, that seems ridiculous, with the fees too. Ain't no study I've come across recently would pay that for a batch that by the preview picture would pay 15 cents for 5 seconds of work in the 10s of thousands. Bs study if you ask me.
Yeah this is obviously the point of this study, just rats testing their latest theories.

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score

Now if you don't mind, I'll go back to working regular MTurk and stop chasing the bs I've been doing the last hour when I could have made a few more dollars. Kudos to the two guys that actually did share your codes with me though. There's something revealing there. If these guys were banging out at 50 dollars an hour with these amazing hits with their code, then why the hell would they take the time to let their scraper run and see mine, take it, submit it and decrease their earnings? My theory is because their codes aren't working like they should. Don't get me wrong, those things give a different message, and doesn't say they are invalid so I believe strongly they are the right codes. I would give my code away for 5 bucks if I knew it was bs too.

Which goes to what I said, it is a trick hit to collect some research. I still have his contact info for his uni so maybe I can just call up his integrity board and see if they have anymore info. Surely research without consent goes against university regulation.

Reactions: phusia

RatMonkey

Reaction score
Yeah this is obviously the point of this study, just rats testing their latest theories.
The study breaks so many ethical codes though. It's a dark shadow masked in something more sinister. At least pay people that are part of the study. That's the part I dislike the most, that people are being used as part of the study without being paid. Makes the requester a douche, especially when we do get a code that's supposed to work and doesn't.

RatMonkey

Reaction score
Which goes to what I said, it is a trick hit to collect some research. I still have his contact info for his uni so maybe I can just call up his integrity board and see if they have anymore info. Surely research without consent goes against university regulation.
You should. Let them know that it is causing people to lose money in order to chase his "too good to be true" hit that is dangled infront of the workforce and that he's not paying people who are chasing those codes. Best part is, once you start looking for a code you are part of the study. Are you getting paid for it? Most likely not.....

Last edited:

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
The study breaks so many ethical codes though. It's a dark shadow masked in something more sinister. At least pay people that are part of the study. That's the part I dislike the most, that people are being used as part of the study without being paid. Makes the requester a douche, especially when we do get a code that's supposed to work and doesn't.
Yeah, it is disgusting. Some people rely on Mturk for their daily meals and here we have this douche dangling the proverbial carrot in front of all of us.

Alexandra H

Reaction score
i was provided a code by a friend - we all jumped on the code and used. those codes that you were sent were expired because they got used up and they tricked you into buying it after they already did all the hits or shared. i have heard there's a limit of 50. i did about 19. clearly it is about sharing, but before you talk about how awful the requester is you should probably learn some more. i am not sure why anyone would pay to get the code int he first place

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score

So one of the big questions is, if he was to change the AA time, will he mass reject the workers thay are doing the hits AND block them for kicks?. That would be horrible. So, so horrible.

Edit: Raven @Raven Thanks for pointing it out :)

Last edited:

Raven

I have a list of names, yours is in red underline
Contributor
Reaction score
So one of the big questions is, will he mass reject the workers thay are doing the hits AND block them for kicks. That would be horrible. So, so horrible.
They auto approve in one second.