Show me yo foods

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
NYE duck was pretty tasty - first time cooking one. I braised it for an hour in asian cooking wine, soy sauce, and spices and then roasted it for 15min. Even my 2 year old ate it :eek:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No food pics, but I told rsclone @rsclone I would let him know how lidl's "Indian sauce in a jar" worked out, and figured others might want to know also. And I wanted to use an appropriate thread to do so.

ANYWAY.

It was really good, needed salt and chili pepper (b/c it's got zero heat) but 10/10 would buy it again. 15 minutes in the pressure cooker with some chicken and it was great. Occured to me that now I could make beef versions of Indian food. Very happy. Will be trying all the different ones they've got.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
No food pics, but I told rsclone @rsclone I would let him know how lidl's "Indian sauce in a jar" worked out, and figured others might want to know also. And I wanted to use an appropriate thread to do so.

ANYWAY.

It was really good, needed salt and chili pepper (b/c it's got zero heat) but 10/10 would buy it again. 15 minutes in the pressure cooker with some chicken and it was great. Occured to me that now I could make beef versions of Indian food. Very happy. Will be trying all the different ones they've got.
I tried the hot one last week..Jalfrezi sauce I think was the name...put a few chunks of left over smoked chicken, some small potatoes and a few sugar snap peas....it had a decent flavor...but as you said needed a lot more chili flakes to get some decent heat...and I threw in some fish sauce to add some salt....plus I'm obsessed with fish sauce on everything anyway....

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I made some queso w/ leftover chicken tonight and at first giddy bite remembered just how much of a flavor punch chicken broth/stock adds to a good queso. It reminded me of what is truly one of life's utmost Tex-Mex pleasures, Bob Armstrong dip. I've probably posted about it here before. If so, oh no I'm posting about it again. If you love queso, you owe it to yourself to make this at least once.

https://www.homesicktexan.com/2014/01/bob-armstrong-dip-queso-recipe.html
https://austin.eater.com/2015/1/30/...-bob-armstrong-dip-according-to-bob-armstrong

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I made some queso w/ leftover chicken tonight and at first giddy bite remembered just how much of a flavor punch chicken broth/stock adds to a good queso. It reminded me of what is truly one of life's utmost Tex-Mex pleasures, Bob Armstrong dip. I've probably posted about it here before. If so, oh no I'm posting about it again. If you love queso, you owe it to yourself to make this at least once.

https://www.homesicktexan.com/2014/01/bob-armstrong-dip-queso-recipe.html
https://austin.eater.com/2015/1/30/...-bob-armstrong-dip-according-to-bob-armstrong
I'm really smitten by that story and recipe.... I'll have to make this at some point... maybe if the Eagles go to the superbowl again :wink:

Reactions: savvy and jklmnop

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
your smoothie bowls are so pretty! which was your favorite?
The top one for sure (the bottom one is chai coconut).. it's blueberry/coconut/lime/cardamom/chia deliciousness :)

Very nice. That is an enormous amount of healthy food.
Thank you - I was going for that 'bought an expensive pre-planned meal box' feeling ... which worked pretty well and it's much cheaper just to buy groceries :)

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous!! Too much chocolate and sugar for breakfast though :ROFL:
That’s what I was thinking but so pretty! I guess a teenage boy can handle all that sugar

Reactions: Sondi

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
lil over the top this week since my husband's out of town and I'm treating myself/killing time

Oh my gosh I'm drooling. Ok now I'm making sure to follow this thread. What do you put in those bombs Sondi?

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh my gosh I'm drooling. Ok now I'm making sure to follow this thread. What do you put in those bombs Sondi?
Everything from those photos was from here 'cause my husband was away for a week and I like to experiment :smuggrin:

Tonight's dinner; https://food52.com/recipes/66790-victoria-granof-s-pasta-con-ceci

this is seriously one of the best 'simple' dishes I've made in a while. It's soooooooo good. Like grown-up spaghettios. One of those things that makes you feel like you know what you're doing when you cook it :cook:

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score