Show me yo foods

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
Breakfast:

Eggs over medium with melted pepper jack and spicy guacamole.
Those eggs are done right. Like the crispy brown there. Would have loved to see a yolk shot, but I know it was perfect.

Reactions: mboone73

splishsplash

Reaction score

buffalo chicken potstickers, a couple are overdone on the bottom cause I wasn't paying attention :o_o:
Those are perfectly done, not burnt and more carmelized, this is how I like my fried pot stickers.

splishsplash

Reaction score
TQueen @TQueen potato photo of the deliciousness;

I missed the previous talk on this: What's the recipe and how did you get that wonderful sear? Just sear it into submission with tongs and a pan?

splishsplash

Reaction score
Sondi @Sondi

You sandbagger! Worried about your bread and the machine, you are an accomplished home chef/cook/chef de cuisine, and amateur photog.

:redpandaeating:

I need to get on your level. Your effort shows 100%, looks great.

Your bread indicates you're an accomplished baker and I see you are.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: jklmnop and savvy

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Sometimes you gotta cook yourself a nice dinner

Reactions: jklmnop and savvy

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

Sometimes you gotta cook yourself a nice dinner
its so beautiful...

my food isn't ever pretty, lol

This week I am playing the "don't go to the grocery store" game and made a weird lentil mash for dinner. Delicious but looks like porridge.

lentils cooked in water garlic salt pepper, then mixed in spinach and canned fire roasted tomatoes. then added some sour cream and shredded cheese, crushed red peppers. It was delightful.

keladry2009

Reaction score
anybody got a decent recipe for brussel sprouts? i have bacon in the house too if that helps!

Reactions: Sondi

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
anybody got a decent recipe for brussel sprouts? i have bacon in the house too if that helps!
I just came here to post this

my go-to for brussels sprouts is to simply prep them/slice in half, toss in salt and a generous amount of grapeseed oil, then dump them in a pan in a 400 degree oven and turn/toss them every 7-8 minutes til done. tbh I love them so much sometimes I will just nuke some frozen ones for 6 minutes, salt and eat. But roasted is better.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

my go-to for brussels sprouts is to simply prep them/slice in half, toss in salt and a generous amount of grapeseed oil, then dump them in a pan in a 400 degree oven and turn/toss them every 7-8 minutes til done. tbh I love them so much sometimes I will just nuke some frozen ones for 6 minutes, salt and eat. But roasted is better.
you do love them.

I need garlic too but then love them. I just bought some dill jarred brussel sprouts and they're pretty delish snack.

Reactions: jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
you do love them.

I need garlic too but then love them. I just bought some dill jarred brussel sprouts and they're pretty delish snack.
Oooh yes garlic, thank you, next time I make them I am going to sautee them with garlic and a nice hunk of butter :9

(never thought to look for them jarred, we do mainly fresh or frozen veg, but I bet those taste nice jarred)

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy

keladry2009

Reaction score

i ended up using bacon grease instead of an oil. SO GOOD! my 2 year old even liked them! she was the one that wanted me to make them in the first place! haha

Reactions: savvy and jklmnop