Show me yo foods

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
:eek: Lentil twinsies? And that looks amazing too! I'd try that (without the bacon). Yummmm!
It was a lentil kind of day :ROFL:

And it was really good! I think I'll put lots of hot sauce on the avocado version tomorrow... :drool:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
<Gucci> @<Gucci> it took forever since my camera card reader wouldn't work :o_o: This is a weird recipe because you boil up the fruit whole and then blitz it peels and all in the blender. I was going for a pantry cleanout (polenta / almond meal) + using things up from the fridge (oranges, lemons, handful of blueberries) + adult teacake vibe (grand marnier glaze)

(I let the glaze run all over the counter - next time I'll use parchment paper underneath :bag: )

It was soooo good - it has a bright bitter-sweetness from the citrus peels which I love :hungry:

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
<Gucci> @<Gucci> it took forever since my camera card reader wouldn't work :o_o: This is a weird recipe because you boil up the fruit whole and then blitz it peels and all in the blender. I was going for a pantry cleanout (polenta / almond meal) + using things up from the fridge (oranges, lemons, handful of blueberries) + adult teacake vibe (grand marnier glaze)

(I let the glaze run all over the counter - next time I'll use parchment paper underneath :bag: )

It was soooo good - it has a bright bitter-sweetness from the citrus peels which I love :hungry:
Omg you made my night!! :love:
(This looks like a food magazine amazing)

Reactions: Sondi

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm working on putting together a shopping list to make a variety of vegetarian (or vegan) bowls for lunches and dinners next week. It'll be combos of quinoa, different types of beans, sweet potato, brussels sprouts, beets, red cabbage, spinach, kale, tofu, chia, flax, hard boiled egg, and whatever else I dig up. I'm lacking sauce ideas, though. I'm thinking hummus but maybe also something else? I want to avoid tahini and would prefer low or no sugar (so not a berry vinaigrette or anything that's super sweet like that). Vegan would be best, but vegetarian would also be okay if it has some dairy to make it creamy. Maybe a yogurt based something? Any ideas?

(Tagging coffeeowl @coffeeowl who I think makes bowls like this a lot.)

Reactions: coffeeowl

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm working on putting together a shopping list to make a variety of vegetarian (or vegan) bowls for lunches and dinners next week. It'll be combos of quinoa, different types of beans, sweet potato, brussels sprouts, beets, red cabbage, spinach, kale, tofu, chia, flax, hard boiled egg, and whatever else I dig up. I'm lacking sauce ideas, though. I'm thinking hummus but maybe also something else? I want to avoid tahini and would prefer low or no sugar (so not a berry vinaigrette or anything that's super sweet like that). Vegan would be best, but vegetarian would also be okay if it has some dairy to make it creamy. Maybe a yogurt based something? Any ideas?

(Tagging coffeeowl @coffeeowl who I think makes bowls like this a lot.)
Oh yes I do! So for my bowls I use hummus of course. But my main sauces are homemade vinaigrettes, peanut (or almond) sauce, tzatziki (yogurt cucumber), soy sauce or even just my enhanced veggie broth (add lots of garlic and red pepper flakes. great if the bowl has heavy starches like potatoes). All vegan except the tzatziki. None of those have extra sugar except the natural ones in the ingredients.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrolyte

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yes I do! So for my bowls I use hummus of course. But my main sauces are homemade vinaigrettes, peanut (or almond) sauce, tzatziki (yogurt cucumber), soy sauce or even just my enhanced veggie broth (add lots of garlic and red pepper flakes. great if the bowl has heavy starches like potatoes). All vegan except the tzatziki. None of those have extra sugar except the natural ones in the ingredients.
Oh, those are good ideas! Thanks. :) I make this rainbow salad a lot and it has a peanut dressing that I bet I could use (I never add the honey it has in the recipe).

Reactions: coffeeowl

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
last couple days healthy dinners on point :ok:

also lol I used the same napkin two days in a row
hah I made those stuffed peppers again and didn't even realize that was the last thing I posted in here

I wish my avocado was prettier but otherwise good.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
hah I made those stuffed peppers again and didn't even realize that was the last thing I posted in here

I liiiive for your food pics. Looks super tasty.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I liiiive for your food pics. Looks super tasty.
:wave: I haven't seen you around in ages! Thank you <3 I haven't been taking many pictures lately!

Reactions: Yatagarasu

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
This recipe turned out really well if you need a weeknight/easy ground beef recipe. I eyeballed everything and used less sugar as suggested by reviews/comments and it still worked out great. Sauteed some spinach and mushrooms in the leftover grease/sauce from the beef, piled it over brown rice, delicious.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score

I think I have those plates and regret buying them because forks and spoons slide off of them. crate and barrel mercer?

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think I have those plates and regret buying them because forks and spoons slide off of them. crate and barrel mercer?
slide off when you carry them away from the table with silverware resting on top (this happens to me) or in general?

I don't mind 'em but I only have 6 and mostly use them for my son's lunch

Reactions: YAHU

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
slide off when you carry them away from the table with silverware resting on top (this happens to me) or in general?

I don't mind 'em but I only have 6 and mostly use them for my son's lunch
when you carry them and silverware is resting on the top lol
I like how they look/function otherwise

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
when you carry them and silverware is resting on the top lol
I like how they look/function otherwise
For some reason I was blaming my silverware even though it doesn't happen with my other plates :thinking:

Reactions: YAHU