Rep Present SelfConcept $60 10 Hour HIT Discussion

T.B.A

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on this HIT, however, this morning I was going to continue working on it but the HIT isn't displaying the announcements/instructions displayed within the HIT itself anymore. Instead, I get the following, "The server refused the connection." The whole screen is grey with no text. This is within the HIT itself, not on the page I eventually land on when I click "Start Experiment". It's been like this for a couple of hours now.

Azazael

Reaction score
This site can’t be reached
expfactory.org refused to connect.

Try:

This is the error i'm getting, slightly different than the poster above.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have heard from many people that they cannot connect to expfactory.org. I believe everyone should be seeing this error. We are working to resolve it ASAP! Will edit this post when it is resolved.

Edit: This problem should be resolved. Please email me if you are further problems.

Last edited:

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Some workers have contacted me about their HITs not being approved instantly, like they've read about online. This is just because our online system for evaluating/approving work doesn't always work (problems syncing with mturk itself). In these cases I have to go through and manually approve, which may take me a few extra days. Sorry for the wait!

laby

Reaction score
I am completing the tasks today and it says my task # is stuck at 33 even though I am completing them the task # is not decreasing. is there a way to fix this? I am worried that it will not submit at the end. How can I get this fixed before continuing on in the tasks? Do I have to clear my cookies? not sure what to do at this point? thanks
I'm having this problem too. I sent an email but I'm guessing no one is in the office this late.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Finished it. Thanks for the task. Didn't auto approve so I guess I was hit with that issue you mentioned before.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
I'm having this problem too. I sent an email but I'm guessing no one is in the office this late.
I didn't get your email. I'm not sure what's underlying your problem. Corsie's problem eventually resolved itself, seemingly randomly. Sorry for not being more help in this regard - it just is difficult to figure out an issue that is only affecting 1% of our respondents (or only 1% are reporting it...). We are still trying to figure out what's underlying it, but it has proven difficult.

corsies

Reaction score
the requester is really nice he will get back to you. I finally finsihed the hit but I did an extra 25 tasks because the numbers would not decrease after each task. It was very frustrating but finally got through it. Once submitted it paid instantly. the requester was trying to help me all the way through. Not sure why I was having this problem throughout.

laby

Reaction score
the requester is really nice he will get back to you. I finally finsihed the hit but I did an extra 25 tasks because the numbers would not decrease after each task. It was very frustrating but finally got through it. Once submitted it paid instantly. the requester was trying to help me all the way through. Not sure why I was having this problem throughout.
Yeah, there didn't see to be anything he could do but I did a few more and it finally started counting again. I'm pretty sure it missed counting a few of them though. I can't imagine having to do that many more.:(

corsies

Reaction score
Yeah, there didn't see to be anything he could do but I did a few more and it finally started counting again. I'm pretty sure it missed counting a few of them though. I can't imagine having to do that many more.:(
I hope you get through it what number are you on? I was so happy when I saw the finished button at the end and it said 0 left in battery.:joyful::)

laby

Reaction score
I hope you get through it what number are you on? I was so happy when I saw the finished button at the end and it said 0 left in battery.:joyful::)
22 left and it seems to be stuck again:( At this rate I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish.

corsies

Reaction score
22 left and it seems to be stuck again:( At this rate I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish.
mine was stuck on 33 for a really long time and then i stopped working on it and waited a day. then it was working again but then got stuck again. I could not figure out why it was doing this. I thought maybe to clear browsing history but not sure if that has anything to do with it. Give it a rest and come back in a day and try again. It has a 7 day timer so don't worry.

laby

Reaction score
I was really busy early in the week I've only got 15 hours left. Down to 18.

NovaLord

Stargazer
Contributor
Reaction score
Are all the rounds done? It's been a while since any more have come through.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
Are all the rounds done? It's been a while since any more have come through.
Nope. We've sent out 198 assignments so far. We have 302 more to send out soon, so plenty more! :) Those are the ones planned anyway - who knows, maybe we'll have more after that.

Just remember that you cannot complete a second HIT if you have completed our tasks before.

Last edited:

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
I've received some emails about payment now that all HITs should have been submitted or expired. I am trying to get out your payment ASAP. Payment for most of you will come as a bonus to your check-in HIT. If you completed the HIT this will be around $5-$15, while those of you who failed to complete the HIT can receive anywhere from $0 - >$60, depending on your bonuses and how much you completed. I apologize for the delay in payments! No later than tomorrow for most people. If I've missed you by the end of tomorrow, please message me here or email us.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
I've received some emails about payment now that all HITs should have been submitted or expired. I am trying to get out your payment ASAP. Payment for most of you will come as a bonus to your check-in HIT. If you completed the HIT this will be around $5-$15, while those of you who failed to complete the HIT can receive anywhere from $0 - >$60, depending on your bonuses and how much you completed. I apologize for the delay in payments! No later than tomorrow for most people. If I've missed you by the end of tomorrow, please message me here or email us.
So is there a bonus for doing this hit? If so, how long are those taking to pay out as I have not received a bonus yet.

weisian

Requester
Reaction score
There is a bonus. I have been able to get the bonus out within a few days of the HIT expiring for all people. For instance, the last round of assignments finished on Friday, and I will get the bonuses out for almost everyone today. So if you finished the HIT very quickly, you had to wait a week or so.

Edit: Just sent out some more bonuses. I believe I've given bonuses to everyone, but please message or email if you have questions.

Last edited: