Scripts

Schwifty

Turk'ing Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get a couple scripts to work for me. All others work fine.

If it matters, these don't seem to run when they're supposed to.

1. Block Individual Requests (I see nowhere, even from source, where or how to manage/configure this. There's no extra options or anything.

2. Discover Fake Availabilities (I still keep getting theme regardless of this script.

3. HIT Requester Bookmarks (There's nowhere I can find to configure this either.)

4. Mturk HIT Database Legacy + Patch (I don't seem to see this anywhere also.)

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get a couple scripts to work for me. All others work fine.

If it matters, these don't seem to run when they're supposed to.

1. Block Individual Requests (I see nowhere, even from source, where or how to manage/configure this. There's no extra options or anything.

2. Discover Fake Availabilities (I still keep getting theme regardless of this script.

3. HIT Requester Bookmarks (There's nowhere I can find to configure this either.)

4. Mturk HIT Database Legacy + Patch (I don't seem to see this anywhere also.)
Those scripts are all obsolete now. MTurk released a major overhaul of the site last December, which broke any old scripts that were no longer being maintained. Look for scripts that have been updated or created since late last year and you should be okay.

Most of that stuff can be done other ways now, though. With MTS, you can block individual requesters or HITs so they don't show up in HIT Finder or on MTurk search pages, and pretty much any other Scraper script will offer something similar (though, I'm not sure if they also extend to the search pages on MTurk.) MTS' HIT Tracker is a very good replacement for HIT Database, and is actually better IMO in many regards. And as for requester bookmarks, you can just do that through any browser. The Discover Fake Availabilities script was actually a page request error nightmare and I don't think it was ever worth it to keep that script running, so I don't believe anyone ever bothered updating it or making newer versions.

Reactions: Schwifty

Schwifty

Turk'ing Newbie
Reaction score
Those scripts are all obsolete now. MTurk released a major overhaul of the site last December, which broke any old scripts that were no longer being maintained. Look for scripts that have been updated or created since late last year and you should be okay.

Most of that stuff can be done other ways now, though. With MTS, you can block individual requesters or HITs so they don't show up in HIT Finder or on MTurk search pages, and pretty much any other Scraper script will offer something similar (though, I'm not sure if they also extend to the search pages on MTurk.) MTS' HIT Tracker is a very good replacement for HIT Database, and is actually better IMO in many regards. And as for requester bookmarks, you can just do that through any browser. The Discover Fake Availabilities script was actually a page request error nightmare and I don't think it was ever worth it to keep that script running, so I don't believe anyone ever bothered updating it or making newer versions.
Awesome thanks a whole lot. So what is MTS and is Turkmaster still good?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Awesome thanks a whole lot. So what is MTS and is Turkmaster still good?
MTurk Suite. It's just a collection of various scripts packaged in a browser extension.

I couldn't tell you about Turkmaster. I never used it, even when it was super popular. It's an older script, but I think it still works okay. I don't really see all that many people talking about it anymore though, so there might be better options out there now (like PandaCrazy.)

Reactions: Schwifty

Schwifty

Turk'ing Newbie
Reaction score
MTurk Suite. It's just a collection of various scripts packaged in a browser extension.

I couldn't tell you about Turkmaster. I never used it, even when it was super popular. It's an older script, but I think it still works okay. I don't really see all that many people talking about it anymore though, so there might be better options out there now (like PandaCrazy.)
Ok cool. Thank you again for the help.

chicory

Reaction score
I need some help. Could someone point me in the right direction so I can find the worst case scenario script? Any help will be greatly appreciated.