Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

sad pandas support group

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by Eetha, Jan 12, 2016.

1. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    It isn't keeping me balanced :( first it triggered a mania in which I was sleeping ~3 hours a night but was super energized, and was talking so much and so fast that I was stumbling over my words. Now I'm almost but not quite back to where I was before the hospital. I feel like I can't win.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Despairagus and esprit-hyperdoux like this.
  2. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    erghh. appointment soon?

Despairagus likes this.
  3. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    earlier today, that's why I'm going to start weaning off it. she's putting me on seroquel if my insurance approves it.

4. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    ahhh good luck

Despairagus and themildone like this.
  5. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse
    not a robot requester

• Contributor
    • Requester
    @themildone@themildone argh i feel like i have heard about the exact same thing from friends (same side effects & same not-actually-helping-with-the-problem)
    i hope your psych is sympathetic & willing to work with you!!

Despairagus likes this.
  6. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    the same stuff from geodon or just psych meds in general? I had never even heard of it until I was put on it. My psych dr is definitely sympathetic, thankfully. She takes my opinion and wants into consideration before changing my meds (unlike some drs who say 'let's put you on this, here you go')

Sondi and Despairagus like this.
  7. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse
    not a robot requester

• Contributor
    • Requester
    i don't remember what meds they were talking about, just the side effects :((( it sounds so so awful, i wish you strength to get though this next stage of treatment - and i'm so glad you have a good dr!

edited to add a personal post about me today (which is an invisible secret now that this thread has dropped off the "new posts" list on the front page): i'm not feeling sad today but i'm heck of fragile, i slept through all my alarms this morning & when i finally did wake up i was very confused & disoriented & kept forgetting what i was doing halfway through. (i'm p sure it's because of my sleep apnea.) it took me forever to leave for work & i'm still feeling weird & crappy since i got here. i'm taking a half day & my manager seems fine & sympathetic about it but i can still feel myself kind of on the edge of feeling useless & dumb

#1947 esprit-hyperdoux, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  8. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor

lack of sleep is a hell of a thing emotionally and physically. hope you get some rest when you get home

9. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse
    not a robot requester

• Contributor
    • Requester
    i was absolutely exhausted when i got home! but i managed to gather enough energy together after dinner to finally sweep my room. i've noticed that my sleep apnea gets really bad when i'm sleeping in a dusty environment, so i just need to keep my floor clean, buuuuut i don't always remember to do that until i have a day like yesterday. and it's like, i'm not even aware that i'm sleeping badly, i'll be completely unconscious all night long, but then i Just. Can't. Wake. Up. i went to the doc when i was starting to worry about missing too much time off work, & they had me do a sleep test where i had to hook myself up to a bunch of monitors, and apparently i spent all night stopping breathing & then "waking" myself up to start again. also they found that my blood oxygen level was low, so idk maybe if my brain was being starved of oxygen that would explain why i turn into a zombie overnight!
    but anyway! i did use to have insomnia in the past, & it SUCKS - anyone suffering from that, i feel you!

Sondi and savvylabell like this.
  10. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    do you have a cpap machine?

11. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse
    not a robot requester

• Contributor
    • Requester
    i don't thankfully! and i didn't need to get surgery to correct my passages either, which one of my friends had to have. the doc just told me to get a allergies nasal spray, and a special pillow that is meant to hold my head tilted back & up to keep things flowing. the nasal spray is AMAZING, i felt an immediate effect when i first used it, like i'd leveled up in my "breathing" skill tree. i've probably been breathing all weird since childhood, why'd you have to grow so goofed up, nose?

12. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    Cool, (mom) surgery complications. Cool, we have to figure out how to get her admitted somewhere that will fall within the Medicaid rules to pay it instead of making her pay it with the non-existent money she has.

Not mom related: Foodstamps keeps losing my stuff so this month is gonna be a hungry one.

Being poor is cool beans. I Just love it.

13. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I'm convinced the food stamps people do that shit on purpose. I get stuff in the mail all the fucking time where I have to turn something in by x date, which passed before I even got the notice. You could maybe check out some of the assistance subreddits and see if someone could gift you some stuff? you can PM me and I'll help you find the subs if you wan.

Sorry about your mom :(

14. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    Thank you <3

#1954 Jaded, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  15. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Glad to see the weekend was quiet in here.

I have this interview Thursday and now I almost don't want them to offer me the job at all so I don't have to turn it down.

I think if I move 3.5 hours from here right now I will get depressed. I don't love it here, but I have such a good support system. I will be incredibly isolated when I move, and I think that will turn into nasty depression. I don't know if my career is worth that level of depression. now everyone will say it's about this guy, but it isn't. I mean, I think he's marriage material, but I know to not lose opportunities over a new person.

it's about my farm owners who take care of my horse and dog.
    it's about my best friends.
    it's about my roommates and the great living situation i am in.
    it's about my coworkers.

My dog would have to be in the house 10 straight hours a day or more. I wouldn't be able to afford a dog walker. She currently goes max 8 hours, usually is at my farm for "daycare" and gets to go out multiple times a day and gets lunch. 8+ hours without food she will throw up bile.

I would have to pay for a farm for my horse and go broke.

I would spend all my time driving because there is nowhere near the park to rent.

but I am still going to the interview, because that's what you do. a nice roadtrip to the mountains is always good for me. I'll bring lunch and hike and picnic while i am there.

16. Despairagus

Despairagus
    Expand Collapse
    Active Mumbler

• Contributor
    Every time we come out to see my inlaws, some kind of terrible shit happens at home. This time, something weird and kinda private is up with me medically and now I get to decide if I go to a doctor in a town where everyone knows everyone's business, or do I just wait till I get home. While we're at it, I just got a call that a friend of mine I used to work with (we spent our mornings together for a few years, hew as at my wedding, we did New Years Eve together at a fancy hotel and he was just an all around swell guy) dropped dead at home today after leaving work. His poor life-long partner (they never married) had to go home and find him there and it just fucking breaks my heart. AND, not devistating but still very frustrating, my cat who is the sweetest love in the world apparently hates the person watching her so much that she hisses and attacks her and I've heard my little furry baby hiss maybe once in her whole life. We have been in Ohio for exactly 24 hours and it feels like my head is spinning. My father in law must think I'm some sort of angel of doom that every time I leave home someone drops dead. A few weeks ago when we came, it was my uncle who died. This time it's a friend. I know they're unrelated but holy shit it's hard to keep that in mind when everything just goes to hell so fast. And the last few weeks I've been really really fucking depressed and was just feeling like I was crawling out of it again. I'm not depressed right this second,I'm just numb, but it really sucks when life keeps throwing shit at you as if it's planning on making sure you're miserable for eternity.

Ty for having a place for me to spit this all out that isn't with my inlaws. It helps knowing you all understand the blues and the frustrations of the whole world being a giant stinking turd.

17. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    :hug: :hug: :hug:

18. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse
    not a robot requester

• Contributor
    • Requester
    that's what i was going to reply to you in this thread! sending you supportive thoughts <3

19. Sondi

Sondi
    Expand Collapse
    Goddess of soup

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    Called 2 weeks ago and they said it would take 2 weeks to call and schedule an appointment so I'm like... OK. Is today the day?

Also I have a question for anyone here with experience.. do you need to be diagnosed with 'something' to be seen by a therapist? Like if I go in and talk to someone will they be like OK here's your diagnoses for insurance purposes? I don't know how to feel about that :/

esprit-hyperdoux and Jaded like this.
  20. Despairagus

Despairagus
    Expand Collapse
    Active Mumbler

• Contributor
    No! You do not need to be diagnosed. The therapist deals with the insurance, and in my experience they will fight with them tooth and nail to get you covered. Also the therapist can diagnose you with something, even if it's a temporary diagnosis. You can literally make an appointment with a therapist and be like "I just need someone to talk to" and that's fine.