Roscoe's TurkFit Group

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I weigh more than I'd like to, but improving.

I walk 2.5 miles most mornings. I was walking 3.5 miles, but the heat and humidity make that almost impossible. I have a machine that uses resistance bands, and I've started that up again about a month ago. It's been the first time in years that I've worked out since my shoulder injury.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I weigh more than I'd like to, but improving.

I walk 2.5 miles most mornings. I was walking 3.5 miles, but the heat and humidity make that almost impossible. I have a machine that uses resistance bands, and I've started that up again about a month ago. It's been the first time in years that I've worked out since my shoulder injury.
I learned that I have Hashimoto's a couple of years ago and I also got a really bad rib injury about four or so years ago and it completely ruined my life, basically. Also never healed right. So I'm right there with you and I totally believe in you.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I learned that I have Hashimoto's a couple of years ago and I also got a really bad rib injury about four or so years ago and it completely ruined my life, basically. Also never healed right. So I'm right there with you and I totally believe in you.
My should healed ok. I was doing those rehab exercises. But I had a sitting down office job, and I got used to being inactive. I got a little tubby in the process.

I had to look up Hashimoto's. Sorry about that and your rib injury. I wish that I had something classy and inspirational to say, but that's not really my style. So, here's a dog riding a dolphin.

You can do it!

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
My should healed ok. I was doing those rehab exercises. But I had a sitting down office job, and I got used to being inactive. I got a little tubby in the process.

I had to look up Hashimoto's. Sorry about that and your rib injury. I wish that I had something classy and inspirational to say, but that's not really my style. So, here's a dog riding a dolphin.

You can do it!
I love dogs and dolphins, so it works.

Reactions: mboone73

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
You had me at hypo... what's it entail? (B/c I can't keto forever....)
I just follow the recipes in this book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VY23J3I/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I didn't bother with the three day cleanse and I just dived right into the recipes. Following these has given me much more energy and after the first week, I started dropping weight. :) You cut out all sugar (but don't worry, there's something called monk fruit that tastes identical and can be used as a replacement 100% of the time and has no negative impact to your body) and all kinds of things (like all carbs from bread) - but, it's not forever and you reintroduce stuff bit by bit later on. It's just to see what your body can and can't tolerate.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I just follow the recipes in this book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VY23J3I/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I didn't bother with the three day cleanse and I just dived right into the recipes. Following these has given me much more energy and after the first week, I started dropping weight. :) You cut out all sugar (but don't worry, there's something called monk fruit that tastes identical and can be used as a replacement 100% of the time and has no negative impact to your body) and all kinds of things (like all carbs from bread) - but, it's not forever and you reintroduce stuff bit by bit later on. It's just to see what your body can and can't tolerate.
That's kinda how I do with keto spurts. :D I do it for a few weeks, then I add back fruit, a little brown rice, quinoa, and beans and stuff, so I can cut back down on my meat consumption again lol

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I've gotten to where I just eat the same thing everyday.

Breakfast: Bacon/egg/english muffin
Lunch: Some type of salad/bowl of fruit
Snack: Almonds/yogurt/these dried organic veggies that are crisp like chips
Dinner: grilled chicken/sweet potatoes/different types of veggies

I rarely have a cheat, because I do usually drink some wine in the evening, so I'm factoring in those extra calories. I really need to quit, and I do periodically, but what can I say I like to relax in the evening.

I've developed a weekly workout regimen as well.

Monday - shoulders and back
Tuesday - legs
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - core
Friday - racquetball
Saturday - full body circuit
Sunday - rest

This is actually working for me quite well. I'm down to 19% body fat and my muscle content is high. It's taken probably 5 months to work up to doing this consistently. I had trouble outrunning my fork at the beginning of it.

We all can do it. :turkfit:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I rarely have a cheat, because I do usually drink some wine in the evening, so I'm factoring in those extra calories. I really need to quit, and I do periodically, but what can I say I like to relax in the evening.

Tuesday - legs
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - core
Friday - racquetball
Sunday - rest

This is actually working for me quite well. I'm down to 19% body fat and my muscle content is high. It's taken probably 5 months to work up to doing this consistently. I had trouble outrunning my fork at the beginning of it.

You rock! I bet you look so fucking hot and feel awesome.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Tuesday - legs
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - core
Friday - racquetball
Sunday - rest

Very inspirational!! I'm thinking of following your plan. How long do you typically spend at the gym?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I do usually drink some wine in the evening, so I'm factoring in those extra calories. I really need to quit, and I do periodically, but what can I say I like to relax in the evening.
Just do some extra squats to counterbalance it. :p

Reactions: kryss and TQueen

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I should go into the 120 degree garage and exercise, but I don't wanna.

Can someone give me a swift kick in the ass?

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
I walked 6 miles today. It was an accident because I left my phone in my husband's car and had to speedwalk to get it then speedwalk to a job interview that sucked and I had a fudge brownie to cheer myself up after, but I walked 6 miles! It was awful

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
should I do this every day or every other day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlaLu1scQl8 y'all are smart and would know.
Cardio never hurts. Cardio isn't a huge source of exercise for me, but I would think doing it everyday would be a good thing. It's things like strength training that I think would be more of a concern with how often you do them.

Reactions: Jaded