Roscoe's TurkFit Group

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
You have a lot to deal with right now and I'm so sorry. I understand the impulse to go super low calorie because I've done it before. My health problems are not the same as yours but I've struggled with edema a few times with different medications I've been on. It really affects your self-image. I know you feel fat but water retention isn't fat. It will come off (I know not as quickly as you would like) and in the meantime, hardcore diet and exercise isn't really going to make much of a difference. 1200 calories is a good goal, I think, because you can lose weight but not feel weak or suffer from any nutritional deficiences. Take care of yourself. Sending you :heart:.
I'm so glad somebody can relate, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I pretty much can't exercise right now because I'm too weak. The vitamin water helps a little, so I think being low on electrolytes is adding to it.
I guess the only thing to do is keep taking the pills and wait it out. I feel like a whale lol

Katiee

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello! I've actually been making an effort to calorie count lately. Sick of looking gross. I do have a fitbit now, but I haven't gotten too active yet. I think I ballooned up a while back after medication and kept failing at life and didn't lose weight. So, hello!

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of Fitbit, I'm looking at them to save up for one, which one do y'all have and what do you like about it.

I need one (it would help my doctors LOTS) that tracks sleeping easily (as in I don't have to remember to do anything for any of my 5 million naps/ falling back asleep at night) like the Flex... sooooo, that's what I'm looking at. (Plus it's low-profile and cheap...)

Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone needs any help or has general questions I could probably answer them regarding fitness nutrition.

I have a nutrition degree and was certified personal trainer (just haven't renewed license yet).

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of Fitbit, I'm looking at them to save up for one, which one do y'all have and what do you like about it.

I need one (it would help my doctors LOTS) that tracks sleeping easily (as in I don't have to remember to do anything for any of my 5 million naps/ falling back asleep at night) like the Flex... sooooo, that's what I'm looking at. (Plus it's low-profile and cheap...)
Flex is fairly unobtrusive and tracks sleep.

Katiee

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a flex and exchanged it for the Alta so I could have the display. They both seem pretty good.

Reactions: kryss

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If anyone needs any help or has general questions I could probably answer them regarding fitness nutrition.

I have a nutrition degree and was certified personal trainer (just haven't renewed license yet).
What are your thoughts on keto/LCHF?

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on keto/LCHF?
I honestly don't think its necessarily great just because carbs have an important place in your diet. They are are really a mainstay for energy. In my experiences I just don't feel that great on a Keto diet and really just always feel hungry and have that fuzzy feeling in my head. I think it has its place as it helps you lose a lot of water weight if your a bodybuilder this is important before going on stage. I think it all comes down to preferences really as I am not an advocate for or against it BUT I would not recommend to someone as I feel it is counter productive short term.

It could possibly lead to problems long term with liver as it has to process increased amount of protein for a long period.

Reactions: Katiee and Krikket

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I honestly don't think its necessarily great just because carbs have an important place in your diet. They are are really a mainstay for energy. In my experiences I just don't feel that great on a Keto diet and really just always feel hungry and have that fuzzy feeling in my head. I think it has its place as it helps you lose a lot of water weight if your a bodybuilder this is important before going on stage. I think it all comes down to preferences really as I am not an advocate for or against it BUT I would not recommend to someone as I feel it is counter productive short term.

It could possibly lead to problems long term with liver as it has to process increased amount of protein for a long period.
Thank you so much! :)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
No posts since 06/06.

Slackers.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
You're the slacker. How many steps did I beat you by this week? :p

That is lies.

:cry: When I wrote this you weren't beating me, cheater.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This place is falling apart! I need you guys.

Reactions: kryss

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've lost 5 lbs in the last week because I've been sad. I've still been getting my nutrients, etc so is this something I'm still allowed to be happy about or am I just gonna gain it all back?