Roscoe's TurkFit Group

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone have a FitBit? I'm looking for other sedentary people to compete with. :p I tried it with my sister but she has two young kids and gets 10,000 steps a day without even trying.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
TQueen @TQueen This is a message from the future since you are sleeping now and I will be sleeping when you read this: Sorry you're losing.

Reactions: TQueen

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a FitBit? I'm looking for other sedentary people to compete with. :p I tried it with my sister but she has two young kids and gets 10,000 steps a day without even trying.
Me! Me! Want to be FitBit friends? Send me your email in PM and I'll add you.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Do any of you do protein shakes? I've tried a million of them, but they all make my stomach hurt for the rest of the day. Bleh

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Do any of you do protein shakes? I've tried a million of them, but they all make my stomach hurt for the rest of the day. Bleh
I drink Gold Standard rocky road flavor only on days after I lift weights. Maybe you need to try a plant based protein shake?

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I drink protein shakes in the morning because I can't stand eating breakfast. I haven't noticed them hurting my stomach and my stomach is extremely sensitive. I use whey-based shakes or pea protein based (Vega).

If I'm feeling really hungry, I'll do casein.

Last edited:
Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
I drink protein shakes in the morning because I can't stand eating breakfast. I haven't noticed them hurting my stomach and my stomach is extremely sensitive. I use whey-based shakes or pea protein based (Vega).

If I'm feeling really hungry, I'll do casein.
I'll go to sprouts, they should have these. I'd rather do a veg/vegan version if they're not gross like kryss @kryssyy said.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So, I've been adhering closely to my food plan the last few days and I GAINED a pound. It's hard not to just saw screw it even though I know it's just my body's natural fluctuations, etc. :biblethump:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, I've been adhering closely to my food plan the last few days and I GAINED a pound. It's hard not to just saw screw it even though I know it's just my body's natural fluctuations, etc. :biblethump:
It was just muscle from the awesome walking you did yesterday :D

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Trying to get back in the habit of meal prepping every weekend for the week. Made almond milk creamer, savory quinoa, overnight oats, peanut sauce and roasted veg so far. Need to hit the grocery store tomorrow then I'll get some more going. Feels good to be better prepared though!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Wrong thread. :bag:

But I'll take this moment to instead point out that it's 3:56PM and I'm already at 14,730 steps for the day!

Last edited:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Wrong thread. :bag:

But I'll take this moment to instead point out that it's 3:56PM and I'm already at 14,730 steps for the day!
How in the hell? I killed myself the other day getting past 12,000 steps.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm failing miserably lol

A very short background explanation - I've had one kidney since I was 7 or 8 years old, it wasn't discovered that the event had killed one of my kidneys until I was 12 when my blood pressure was found to be super high (like 180/120 usually).

So I've been on meds since then to control it, and I have to be careful with the amounts of protein I get, no alcohol, etc etc.

About 10 years ago I had some issues and had edema really bad. My face, fingers, arms, legs, abdomen, and ankles all started swelling. I took diuretics and meds to reduce the swelling for around 3 months before it fully went away.

So yea. About a month ago, it happened again. I waited too long to go to the doctor. My ankles and legs swelled so bad I could hardly walk. Mostly I was afraid my kidney was failing.

While it's not where it should be, I did get medication and I've been taking it. But i feel absolutely gross and horrible about my appearance right now. I look so fat.

It got to the point that I couldn't fit into my clothes and had to start borrowing the boy's (because I am not buying clothes to accommodate this crap).

I know it'll be gone in a few months, but I got stupid and started restricting hard core to like 300-500 calories per day, as if that was going to help.

Bleh. Just felt like getting that out. I'm literally living on mashed bananas with cinnamon and random vegetables, maybe a little tuna. Drinking vitamin water zero. It's not working, obvs lol

I'm gonna start trying to work my way back up to 1200 a day, but ugh. I don't have the strength to exercise like this.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm failing miserably lol

A very short background explanation - I've had one kidney since I was 7 or 8 years old, it wasn't discovered that the event had killed one of my kidneys until I was 12 when my blood pressure was found to be super high (like 180/120 usually).

So I've been on meds since then to control it, and I have to be careful with the amounts of protein I get, no alcohol, etc etc.

About 10 years ago I had some issues and had edema really bad. My face, fingers, arms, legs, abdomen, and ankles all started swelling. I took diuretics and meds to reduce the swelling for around 3 months before it fully went away.

So yea. About a month ago, it happened again. I waited too long to go to the doctor. My ankles and legs swelled so bad I could hardly walk. Mostly I was afraid my kidney was failing.

While it's not where it should be, I did get medication and I've been taking it. But i feel absolutely gross and horrible about my appearance right now. I look so fat.

It got to the point that I couldn't fit into my clothes and had to start borrowing the boy's (because I am not buying clothes to accommodate this crap).

I know it'll be gone in a few months, but I got stupid and started restricting hard core to like 300-500 calories per day, as if that was going to help.

Bleh. Just felt like getting that out. I'm literally living on mashed bananas with cinnamon and random vegetables, maybe a little tuna. Drinking vitamin water zero. It's not working, obvs lol

I'm gonna start trying to work my way back up to 1200 a day, but ugh. I don't have the strength to exercise like this.
You have a lot to deal with right now and I'm so sorry. I understand the impulse to go super low calorie because I've done it before. My health problems are not the same as yours but I've struggled with edema a few times with different medications I've been on. It really affects your self-image. I know you feel fat but water retention isn't fat. It will come off (I know not as quickly as you would like) and in the meantime, hardcore diet and exercise isn't really going to make much of a difference. 1200 calories is a good goal, I think, because you can lose weight but not feel weak or suffer from any nutritional deficiences. Take care of yourself. Sending you :heart:.