coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just wanted to add a +1 for My Fitness Pal. Love the barcode function on the app and the recipe option on the desktop. Need to get back to it.

Been on soup this week due to being sick. One way to lose weight but I don't recommend it. :depressed:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Just wanted to add a +1 for My Fitness Pal. Love the barcode function on the app and the recipe option on the desktop. Need to get back to it.

Been on soup this week due to being sick. One way to lose weight but I don't recommend it. :depressed:
Are you feeling better?

Reactions: coffeeowl

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Ate a good breakfast, took my fruit & veggie pills and going to get in a good workout after I digest. It's the rest of the week that's the problem! Lol

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, from now on when it's a slow mtruck day, it's a good day to focus on ways to improve eating habits and workouts. Soooo today I'm going to make a chicken and mushroom ramen soup (uses zucchini instead of the usual noodles) and instead of mowing down half a bag of potato chips for a before-dinner snack, I'm going to try making sweet potato chips (I hate sweet potatoes usually, so can't wait to see if they're any good). And I'll do a cardio/leg workout. Yesterday I tried on my shorts from last summer and couldn't get them over my butt so I'm super motivated now lol.

Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score

sorry you're sick! but soup is awesomely healthy especially if it's homemade!

roast up a chicken, make some stock, chuck in all the veggies that are going off in the fridge.. easy peasy

its like 250 cals/15 carbs (depends what you add) for a ginormous bowl

http://i.imgur.com/jHjnxDK.jpg

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score

roast up a chicken, make some stock, chuck in all the veggies that are going off in the fridge.. easy peasy

I freeze leftover roasted veggies and make roasted vegetable soup when I have enough of them. Sometimes I put chicken in too and use the stock. Cheap and awesomely healthy

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
yes! thats awesome. i've never frozen leftover veg.. because usually i eat them all.. heh. but now i want to make extras just so i can do that. i usually saute them first before adding them to the soup but pre-roasted veg would take away half the work.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I freeze leftover roasted veggies and make roasted vegetable soup when I have enough of them. Sometimes I put chicken in too and use the stock. Cheap and awesomely healthy
Roasted veggies are the best! I buy whatever is on sale and roast them up. Good in salads, stir fry, in a sauce, as a side etc. etc.

Thanks. I am feeling much better! Made a huge batch of veggie soup in the slow cooker. Cures all and I have a bunch left for this week.

Reactions: Cara

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
yes! thats awesome. i've never frozen leftover veg.. because usually i eat them all.. heh. but now i want to make extras just so i can do that. i usually saute them first before adding them to the soup but pre-roasted veg would take away half the work.
Honestly, I just cook more food than I need to all the time, so it's easy to have a few servings extra...I can make the soup at least once per month if not twice. But i put it all in a crock pot when it's ready to go

BTW that soup you linked looks freakin amazing :eek:

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Roasted veggies are the best! I buy whatever is on sale and roast them up. Good in salads, stir fry, in a sauce, as a side etc. etc.

Thanks. I am feeling much better! Made a huge batch of veggie soup in the slow cooker. Cures all and I have a bunch left for this week.
Agreed, I love veggies roasted, and it's so easy. I think I've roasted literally everything, even radishes lol

Reactions: coffeeowl and Cara

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks! i love soup so much. chicken veggie and cream of broccoli are the 2 soups i eat most often.

radishes are great! theyre almost like potatoes... but barely have any carbs. i usually cook them like homefries to eat with eggs and sausage.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks! i love soup so much. chicken veggie and cream of broccoli are the 2 soups i eat most often.

radishes are great! theyre almost like potatoes... but barely have any carbs. i usually cook them like homefries to eat with eggs and sausage.

Omg broccoli soup :drool: it's the best.

Reactions: Cara