Range Talk (Firearms/ Outdoorsy Thread)

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Sounds like there's a fair amount of folks here who are into firearms whether its for defense or sport. Figured i'd make a thread where everyone can share their story of how they got into shooting and anything related to firearms. In addition to firearms this thread can be used to talk about fun outdoor activities and things related to gear and prepping for those who enjoy going outside :p
Oh and since this is mtc feel free to post deals on related gear too

To start it off i'll share some stuff about me. Like a fair bit of folks i was introduced to firearms by my dad we've always had a bunch in the house so safety was paramount. At an early age my dad taught me firearms safety and learning about all the different guns we had was a fun activity. To satisfy the natural curiosity kids have we had a rule in the house that if i wanted to see any of the guns i could ask my mom or dad and they would get it out and have little "lessons" about it. I had my first shooting experience at 5 with a cricket 22 which would become my first firearm as i grew older and gained responsibility.

In addition to firearms I love various outdoor activities like, kayaking, hiking, backpacking, and cycling
My current personal collection:

M&P45
XD9
Remington 870
Rugar 10/22 in a nordic components kit
Mosin 91/30

Last edited:

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score

We've got
-The Wedding Singer
-The Deer John
-Thor
-Mr. Plink

And the hand guns are Sunday, Friday, and Saturday.

MisterEgo

Mischief Maker
Contributor
Reaction score
So Translating for lepi we have from top to bottom, left to right a Stevens 320 12 Gauge Pump, a Remington 770 .270 bolt action, a H&R. Break action Handi Rifle chambered in the very powerful .444 Marlin, a Savage Arms .22, a Ruger SR40c .40 S&W, a Taurus Millenium Pro .380 acp, and the Smith & Wesson bodyguard .38. Not pictures, or whimsically named, is the Savage Arms 24 .223 over 20 Gauge double barrel. Also in the armory is my compound bow.

Reactions: Tribune and Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score

We've got
-The Wedding Singer
-The Deer John
-Thor
-Mr. Plink

And the hand guns are Sunday, Friday, and Saturday.
Nice collection you got there. I love that you've named them

Reactions: Tribune

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
So Translating for lepi we have from top to bottom, left to right a Stevens 320 12 Gauge Pump, a Remington 770 .270 bolt action, a H&R. Break action Handi Rifle chambered in the very powerful .444 Marlin, a Savage Arms .22, a Ruger SR40c .40 S&W, a Taurus Millenium Pro .380 acp, and the Smith & Wesson bodyguard .38. Not pictures, or whimsically named, is the Savage Arms 24 .223 over 20 Gauge double barrel. Also in the armory is my compound bow.
those taurus semi autos are great value. What's your favorite out of all of em? if you can even pick :p

Reactions: Tribune

MisterEgo

Mischief Maker
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a hard call. The holes that .444 leaves in a target make it a helluva lotta fun to shoot, but it's also the Most expensive to shoot. I guess taking everything into consideration it's the Ruger. Most accurate and comfortable in the hand straight outta the box gun I've ever bought. And I can afford ammo for it.

Reactions: Tribune and Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a hard call. The holes that .444 leaves in a target make it a helluva lotta fun to shoot, but it's also the Most expensive to shoot. I guess taking everything into consideration it's the Ruger. Most accurate and comfortable in the hand straight outta the box gun I've ever bought. And I can afford ammo for it.
haha yeah it makes reloading that much more enticing when you have expensive calibers. I've had the pleasure of shooting the ruger sr9. nice feeling gun that's for sure.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to firearms I love various outdoor activities like, kayaking, hiking, backpacking, and cycling
My current personal collection:

M&P45
XD9
Remington 870
Rugar 10/22 in a nordic components kit
Mosin 91/30