Quick question about first 1000 HIT

Sakiel

Reaction score
Hi,

I just started Turking this week and read through some of the Pinned Posts and FAQ and one of the questions I have is, should I just rush through the first 1000 HIT, regardless of pay or still be selective when choosing?

Thanks for your input!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'd be selective enough to not do work for requesters with a bad history because if you get rejected, that'll impact your approval rating. When you have a brand new account, it'd just take a few rejections to really bring down your approval rating. So I'd stick to requesters that have positive reviews and make sure you're submitting high quality work so you can try to avoid rejections. But as far as taking low pay HITs vs. waiting around for higher paying HITs, that's kind of up to you and how quickly you want to try to reach 1000 HITs.

Jade71

Reaction score
I joined MTurk about two weeks ago.I'm almost at the 1,000 hits mark. I took a lot low paying hits to get my number up. You do have to be careful and submit your best work regardless of pay,so you won't receive rejections.They really bring your approval rating down fast.