Question about the John Doe HITs

shredgeek

Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of talk about the John Doe HITs. I tried them and liked them but it seems there are not that many to do. I wasn't hit by any sort of cap or anything. they just don't seem to be many HITs available. Do they pop up often? Why do people get so excited about them?

Reactions: kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of talk about the John Doe HITs. I tried them and liked them but it seems there are not that many to do. I wasn't hit by any sort of cap or anything. they just don't seem to be many HITs available. Do they pop up often? Why do people get so excited about them?
Sometimes there's a limit on them and sometimes there isn't. They seem to go in spurts of posting vs not posting.

Reactions: shredgeek

bldgblocks

Done and done, or just done.
Reaction score
Kinda of a late reply but I like them as a newbie because they auto pay almost instantly and I don't seem to reject so its been easy to get my numbers up. Also when they do post they post batches throughout the day so you can do them continuously when they show up if there's no cap.

Reactions: shredgeek

shredgeek

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys....I did a little more research onto these apparently these are from google which is interesting!

MTurk Vaidhya

Reaction score
Done John Doe hits 123. Working stopped and was told to try again tomorrow.

Anyone noticed what is the time gap for John Doe hits to be allowed to work again?

Please clarify.

Schlep

Reaction score
Excuse a noob for reviving an old thread. But as it is related to this requester, I didn't see the need to make a new one. One of the members here wrote a script to help speed this hit up. For the life of me, I can't get it to work.Is there a key I need to hit to activate it? maybe I need to add the keys used to the code? I'm totally clueless about scripts. The last code I read/wrote was in Pascal. :banghead:

Jolly

always tired
Reaction score
Excuse a noob for reviving an old thread. But as it is related to this requester, I didn't see the need to make a new one. One of the members here wrote a script to help speed this hit up. For the life of me, I can't get it to work.Is there a key I need to hit to activate it? maybe I need to add the keys used to the code? I'm totally clueless about scripts. The last code I read/wrote was in Pascal. :banghead:
What I did was installed tapermonkey, clicked on the button in chrome, hit create new script, pasted in the script, saved it, and it ran everytime I loaded a john doe hit.

Reactions: Schlep

Schlep

Reaction score
What I did was installed tapermonkey, clicked on the button in chrome, hit create new script, pasted in the script, saved it, and it ran everytime I loaded a john doe hit.
Thanks Jolly. I've had tampermonkey for a long time. I did copy the script, I also copied the script in the code that said it was required. Maybe that's where I went wrong. Gonna test that.

Jolly

always tired
Reaction score
Thanks Jolly. I've had tampermonkey for a long time. I did copy the script, I also copied the script in the code that said it was required. Maybe that's where I went wrong. Gonna test that.
If you get that script working, I'm also using this one to crank out those john doe hits. It helps with submitting by binding it to a key, prevents scrolling on those safe videos
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27772-mturk-submit-hit-hotkey

Reactions: Schlep

Schlep

Reaction score
yeah, no luck. It was worth a shot. Thanks for the script rec. I lost all of mine recently when I had to reinstall chrome.