Question about mturk

veneturk

Reaction score
Hello, good afternoon, I have a doubt. I would like to know if I can do 1 different task on 2 different computers. both have the same ip. I ask why I was observing and there are some tasks that I could do simultaneously, but I don't know if this goes against company policies. Thank you. (I'm new to mturk sorry)

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Same Mturk account? That's fine although I don't know why two computers would be necessary as opposed to just splitting your screen into two browser windows.

Two Mturk accounts? Against TOS and you might get suspended.

veneturk

Reaction score
ok thanks for the info. Yes, it's because I wanted to sit next to my wife on different teams and work on different tasks, we both speak English.

Reactions: scrmcasey

jan

Reaction score
ok thanks for the info. Yes, it's because I wanted to sit next to my wife on different teams and work on different tasks, we both speak English.
A few surveys will check your IP and assume that you are submitting x2 (which is unusable data for them - and they will reject you). But many different husband and wives or even roommates work on mturk and will work on surveys (w/same IP address). So, it will just be a problem for those that check IP (often they will tell you).

As you probably know, it against TOS to have someone working under your account (if that's also what you are implying). So, you should be aware of that as well.