Rep Present Qualification: Find the mailing address a company uses for payments

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
As an update, the quals from second Network Data batch just went out. If you didn't get it and you're sure you did a good job, send me a PM with your worker ID and I'll manually look into it for you.

Thanks everyone for your hard work on the HITs so far!

Reactions: clickhappier

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Tomorrow we'll begin posting the first few batches for workers who earned the qualification. This HIT will have some slightly modified instructions with a little bit more detail. Please remember that we will be spot checking results. If you provide wrong answers or are rushing through the work too fast, you will lose your qualification. I will also be available all day tomorrow on the #mturk IRC channel on Snoonet to answer any questions.

Thanks everyone!

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Tomorrow we'll begin posting the first few batches for workers who earned the qualification. This HIT will have some slightly modified instructions with a little bit more detail. Please remember that we will be spot checking results. If you provide wrong answers or are rushing through the work too fast, you will lose your qualification. I will also be available all day tomorrow on the #mturk IRC channel on Snoonet to answer any questions.

Thanks everyone!
You might want to post a link to the webchat, as the link for #mturk irc isn't linked on reddit anymore.

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
Title: Find the payment mailing address of a company | PANDA
Requester: Network Data [A2OXLL7OZSVQX2] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Help us find the mailing address of a company where they accept payments.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 18
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Payment Address Finder is not less than 90; Total approved HITs is not less than 10000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Location is US

Batch is now live!

Edit: Small issue with qual, should be fixed soon.

Last edited:

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
We'll be posting more batches throughout the day and I'll try to keep the thread updated when new batches are posted.

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
Another batch will be posted at 6:30PM PST (about 20 minutes from now)

Edit: Going up now.

Last edited:

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
Next batch is going live. I'm just gonna leave a few frequently asked questions answers here:

- If you find a foreign company, please mark it as "No" and leave a comment in the optional section stating so.
- If you find a company with multiple mailing addresses (for example, for taxes, fines, utilities), please choose the Utility mailing address, but leave a comment with the source to the other addresses (if you find them).
- Please do not use Doxo.com as a source for your addresses.

Reactions: coffeeowl

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
i definitely used doxo for about 5-6 hit submissions before i saw the bold lettering in the Hit instructions tonight :pompus: rejections incoming

i recommend just including the line that says"do not use doxo" in all of your hits rather than selectively so people don't mess up like i did, it's kind of annoying in batchwork to have to selectively do a task when the instructions are basically the same if you get what i mean

Last edited:
Reactions: coffeeowl

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
i definitely used doxo for about 5-6 hit submissions before i saw the bold lettering in the Hit instructions tonight :pompus: rejections incoming

i recommend just including the line that says"do not use doxo" in all of your hits rather than selectively so people don't mess up like i did, it's kind of annoying in batchwork to have to selectively do a task when the instructions are basically the same if you get what i mean
You won't receive any rejections and all work will be approved tomorrow morning.

Rob

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So just to clarify, we are looking for the mailing address of the company on "their website" as per your first post, and if they don't have their own website we mark No and leave a comment. Is that correct?

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We'll be posting some more (larger) batches this coming up week. We did notice that some workers are not spending enough time looking for a payment mailing address and are instead just going to the homepage and using the first address they find. Please do your best to find the payment mailing address first (the 3 Google searches are useful, but you're welcome to use your own Google searches as well), then only if you are unable to find one, use a generic mailing address from the official website.

I'll be slightly updating the instructions (and possibly the HIT format) for the next batch, so please re-read them and ask questions if you are unsure. Going forward, we will begin revoking qualifications and rejecting workers who are obviously scamming (<20s submit times with 80%+ "No" or providing a generic headquarter address). This is only relevant to a very small minority of workers, as we've been very happy with the majority of the results we've been receiving.

Thanks,
Rob

So just to clarify, we are looking for the mailing address of the company on "their website" as per your first post, and if they don't have their own website we mark No and leave a comment. Is that correct?
coffeeowl @coffeeowl: Yes, that is correct. If after googling the company, you are unable to find a working website, please mark it as "No". Moving forward, we'll be having an additional question or two when "No" has been chosen, to save workers some typing in the optional comments. If anyone has any feedback on how we could improve the HIT, please feel free to PM me. Thanks for your question.

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've never done one. Just applied for the qual.

Fernando

Reaction score
There's a reason for it's to be US region locked? I'm from outside US, but want to do the Hits.

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
any idea roughly when the next batch will be?

NetworkData-Rob

Requester
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay, we've been working on some new things that have taken a bit to perfect. There's a new batch of utility companies up right now. I've noticed that some workers are still only using the first address they found, in an effort to speed through the HITs - even though there's an easily available billing address available. Quals will be revoked this batch if people don't spend a little more effort on the HITs.

Thanks,
Rob