Profile Tasks

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I know I have many of these that are not done, but I've got a few questions for anyone with answers...
1) How soon can you redo them? (I think I saw somewhere that the answer is 3 months, but I am not sure.) Some of these I have refrained from doing out of concern that my answers lock me into less lucrative categories, but obviously NOT doing these tasks is the least lucrative option of all....
2) If you see these tasks and try to accept them, are they actually really available even if you cannot get them immediately? My suspicion is that there is a limit on how many people can do them at once, but who knows, maybe Amazon is just screwing up.
3) Is there any real downside to doing and "failing" the language tasks? I presume that you can retake these too, after some delay. Does anyone know if I am wrong? (There is some possibility I could pass some of them in the not so distant future...)

Taboosun

Reaction score
Hmmm, can't wait to see an educated response about this. I just started my turk account, but I'm still researching and what not and learning as much as I can before I start my first hit.

I saw the profile tasts too, but didn't put too much thought into it.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
You can do whatever tasks are up, whenever they are up. The system will prevent you from accepting the HIT if you've done it recently. The HITs "reset" periodically (Amazon has not said how frequently that is) and at that point, you can do them again if you want, if your answers have changed or you want to try again. If you don't do them again at the reset time, you keep your previous values as-is. You can check to see which you have by looking under the Qualifications tab. If you have a change that you want done earlier (for example, got rid of an iPhone and got an Android and want your mobile answer changed), you can email them and they will make that change although it will take up to 30 days for that change to be made.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score