Product Tube- Get Paid To Pretend to Buy Stuff.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
ORIGIN STORY

Long ago, in the year 2014, a requester emerged. They called themselves Tesla, and they offered to pay Mturk Workers many dollars (You know, like...10-20) in exchange for videos. But these were not dirty videos...no. They were...MARKET RESEARCH VIDEOS. Yes, Tesla would pay the good people of Mturk to make videos of themselves while they shopped for things like crackers, gum, bug spray, and even... mouthwash.

After gathering power in the bowels of Mturk, Tesla craved more users. They wanted more videos, and so they broke away from Amazon and formed ProductTube- a website of their very own, where they were free from the shackles and commission fees of Amazon. They created their own app, launched their own home page, and began to grow to a mildly noteworthy size!

Now it's 2016, and Product Tube craves more market research videos!

Said website : http://producttube.com/

Basically you sign up and they email you every time they want you to pretend to buy something, or to buy something and do a taste test. They've got some sample videos up (One of which features yours truly eating crackers) and they explain it a little better than I do. But the basic premise is pretending to buy stuff.

IS THIS LEGIT?
Simple answer- Yes. It's completely legit. It's kind of a weird way to make money, but it's exactly as straightforward as it sounds, and they pay pretty quickly. I've made $450 bucks in gift cards since they made their own website. I've been working with them since they were just scraping videos off of Mturk. It's not a steady source of cash, because they don't constantly have video projects up. But a usual project consists of going to the store and making a 2 minute video of you pretending to buy granola bars, and it pays 20 bucks.

REFERRALS
From time to time, they'll have a video project up that's really specific, usually because it can only be done by people who live in a particular state. They won't get enough response from the members on the site, so they'll ask members to recruit people for that video. For example-at one point, they wanted people to pretend to buy gum in Oregon. I don't live in Oregon, but I do have friends who live in Oregon who aren't members on Product Tube. I call up my friends in Oregon and say "Hey, would you mind going to your local Fred Meyer and pretending to buy some gum?" They agree, they go, they pretend. They send me the video, I send the video to Product Tube. Product Tube emails my friend a 100 dollar Amazon Gift Card. Then as a thank you for pimping out my gum buying friend, Product Tube sends me a 25 dollar gift card.

So when I come on here and ask if anyone wants to pretend to buy some dog food, that's what's up. I'm pimping you out, but I'm like the chillest pimp ever and I don't even take any of your money.

I think that's it. If you have questions let me know.

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
Do you have to use a phone or can you use a camera to record video?

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I've used the webcam on my computer to do some of the at-home stuff, so I assume as long as you can easily upload a formatted video, it's fine.