Printer recommendations

SJC

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a reliable printer that performs well. I print around 100 pages a day. All feed backs appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you need color, or black and white?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Color. Thanx for reply
Damn, sorry I don't have any recommendations for color :x I have a brother printer that I use to print coloring pages/book pages, but it only does black and white!

Good luck!

Belkor

Reaction score
I also have a Brother brand laser printer that does color with multiple capabilities. This brand has proven reliable in and outside of the office.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
I also have a Brother brand laser printer that does color with multiple capabilities. This brand has proven reliable in and outside of the office.
does it eat up the color when it prints b/w? I had a printer that used a tiny bit of color every time it printed in black text - which meant I was using tons of ink.

I finally put the thing on the curb.....
(also in the market for a new printer)

Belkor

Reaction score
does it eat up the color when it prints b/w? I had a printer that used a tiny bit of color every time it printed in black text - which meant I was using tons of ink.

I finally put the thing on the curb.....
(also in the market for a new printer)
Regarding specifically to my Brother laser printer, I haven't noticed any defects that causes it to use a tiny bit of color when printing in black text. In case you weren't aware, laser printers use toner not ink. They have higher up front costs but they're more economical over the long term so it is up to you. Here is a detailed comparison:

https://www.ldproducts.com/blog/pros-cons-of-inkjet-and-laser-printers/

In the linked example, a laser printer toner cartridge yielded 6,900 pages vs the 500 pages from the generic ink cartridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan