Post throwdown for WARJLords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I wanna get lasik surgery. I'm tired of glasses and contacts.
I've been looking in to it. The prices on the procedure have been getting more reasonable, and they've gotten better at it. My eyes are failing on me so quickly that I seriously need to do SOMETHING about it, besides just bumping my prescription up periodically.

Apparently the procedure itself doesn't really hurt, you just have headaches for a while afterwards while your brain gets used to the fact that the world doesn't actually look like a cotton candy representation of the Shire.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been looking in to it. The prices on the procedure have been getting more reasonable, and they've gotten better at it. My eyes are failing on me so quickly that I seriously need to do SOMETHING about it, besides just bumping my prescription up periodically.

Apparently the procedure itself doesn't really hurt, you just have headaches for a while afterwards while your brain gets used to the fact that the world doesn't actually look like a cotton candy representation of the Shire.
The eye doctor said my eyes are so bad I should really consider Lasik. The prices have gone way down, so I keep almost doing it but I gotta save up the monies first :eek:

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Why do brides have bridesmaids?
Normally, wedding guests wouldn't dream of dressing like the bride on her big day.
However, bridesmaids were originally instructed to dress exactly like the bride so
that she could hide among the lookalikes. This would confuse any evil spirits that
entered the church, thus leaving the soon-to-be married couple safe to say, "I do.”

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
The eye doctor said my eyes are so bad I should really consider Lasik. The prices have gone way down, so I keep almost doing it but I gotta save up the monies first :eek:
My last eye exam was hilarious...

Came in, he had be sit in the chair and he gave me the first eye chart, and I told I couldn't read ANY of it. So he got a second eye chart with bigger letters, and I told him I couldn't read any of that, either.

He was quiet for a minute and said. "Well. That bottom line is 20/200... and...that's as high as these things go...so you're eyesight is REALLY bad."

After the full exam he concluded that I was legally blind without my glasses but that it was still fairly correctable. Then he checked out my old prescription and realized that my vision had essentially degraded 150% in a matter of 5 years, and we talked about the fact that getting a new prescription for my glasses was pretty much a stop gap until I could do something more aggressive about the issue.

Reactions: Jaded

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
When blindfolded, people often can't tell the difference between how
parmesan cheese smells and how vomit smells.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
My last eye exam was hilarious...

Came in, he had be sit in the chair and he gave me the first eye chart, and I told I couldn't read ANY of it. So he got a second eye chart with bigger letters, and I told him I couldn't read any of that, either.

He was quiet for a minute and said. "Well. That bottom line is 20/200... and...that's as high as these things go...so you're eyesight is REALLY bad."

After the full exam he concluded that I was legally blind without my glasses but that it was still fairly correctable. Then he checked out my old prescription and realized that my vision had essentially degraded 150% in a matter of 5 years, and we talked about the fact that getting a new prescription for my glasses was pretty much a stop gap until I could do something more aggressive about the issue.
Lol sounds like mine.
Her:"Take off your glasses. and tell me what it says."
Me: "I know it's an E because it's an eyechart, but I can't see that. At all."
Her: "Oh dear."

Yeah I'm legally blind w/out my glasses too :eek: And that was a few years ago that I was told that (probably around 5 or 6) so. (Can I get more legally blind? Like illegally blind?)

Let's save up the money and go get lasik together.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Shopping Study | PANDA
Requester: Manoj Thomas [A37L47Q4PMMWY3] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.11 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.56 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.77 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.82 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 214
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Grocery Shopping Preferences
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 5000, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98, Location is US

Reactions: TQueen and Jaded

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: You need an Android phone or iPhone -- 25 min study about your experience on mobile webpages
Requester: KY3 [A2HWVG06FKXT0W] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.19 Generosity
★★★★ 4.67 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.35 Promptness

Number of Reviews: 47
TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: -
Time: 50 minutes
HITs Available: 93
Reward: $4.53
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is US

We'll start our own daily thread. With hookers and blow.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
i feel your pain.
one of my eyes is really bad, the other not so much. its really awkward having 2 vastly different prescriptions. i'm useless without my glasses.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There was a third Apple founder. Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake
for $800 in 1976.

Lepi

Contributor