Post Rejections/Blocks/Suspension Information

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm fairly new and wanted to contribute by making a Post on information involving Rejections/Blocks/Suspensions. I will do my best to keep it updated. If anyone else wants to help me out, I would appreciate it.

Please, when posting about Rejections/Blocks/Suspension, keep it civil and respectful overall. I know Rejections/Blocks/Suspensions are hard to deal with. However, just try your best to give Amazon Mturk Support Team and Requesters on Mturk the benefit of the doubt. Lastly, try and respect one another. Hopefully, we are all here to try and keep our account from being hit with a Rejection/Block/Suspension.

Example of information Post (to try and keep it organized):

Requester Name: John Doe
Hit Name (Optional): Click on Blue Squares
Report reason for Rejection/Block/Account Suspension (a sentence or two of Hits rejected and reason why): "I was Rejected In 15/20 Hits for missing a Blue Square."
Resolution/Additional Information : "I reached out to requester and was responsive. He has overturned rejections for the unclear instructions provided in Hit."

Suspended: Amazon Mturk
Reason (if any): Received too many Blocks on account
Resolution/Additional Information: "Informed that account received too many rejections and blocks on Account. Account was closed."

*Please, feel free to give any advice, suggestions, comments, tips, etc. My PM box is open. Not everything is set in stone in this post. I encourage everyone that has an idea to reach out.

Thank You so much for letting me be part of the community. A special shout out to kryss @kryssyy for the idea and helping me put this all together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
MapBox (also known as Nicholas Ingalls)
Find the Wikipedia URL for this Geographic Location Hits
Rejections reported by several workers of "X" with no explanation and lack of communication from requester. Believed to be now "majority rules" Hits.
Resolution/Additional Information : If any new information is available, it will be updated ASAP.

Last edited:

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
What is a reasonable % of rejections to have?

jan

Reaction score
What is a reasonable % of rejections to have?
I think if you stay above 98% you can accept most assignments on mturk. I'm at 99.999 something or other.

But the big yardstick is what will sink your ability to pick up work. So, in general, above 98% is good for that.

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I think if you stay above 98% you can accept most assignments on mturk. I'm at 99.999 something or other.

But the big yardstick is what will sink your ability to pick up work. So, in general, above 98% is good for that.
Thank you! That's good it will keep me from panicking.

Erin Cherwaiko

Reaction score
I'm super new here (and to MTurks) and not sure where to post this but I'm just looking for input for what I can do better in the future. Got 2 - 0.01 cent rejections yesterday, and as soon as i submitted them I just had a feeling. I was going to message the requester but I'm not super familiar with the website yet and I thought that I was going to get kicked off the page an then blocked or rejected for that.

The task was to draw square boxes around ends of shelves in pictures. There were several that were the same - zoomed in, and no visible shelf ends - just the edges of the pictures.....so, there's technically no shelf ends! Right? So I drew absolutely nothing and submitted it...because there were no shelf ends and nothing to draw boxes around. I've messaged the requester in hopes they will tell me why it was rejected and mentioned that there were no shelf ends in the photo and no instructions l listed for what to do if there weren't any.

Anyone with an experience like this? Should I have messaged the requester mid-task?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm super new here (and to MTurks) and not sure where to post this but I'm just looking for input for what I can do better in the future. Got 2 - 0.01 cent rejections yesterday, and as soon as i submitted them I just had a feeling. I was going to message the requester but I'm not super familiar with the website yet and I thought that I was going to get kicked off the page an then blocked or rejected for that.

The task was to draw square boxes around ends of shelves in pictures. There were several that were the same - zoomed in, and no visible shelf ends - just the edges of the pictures.....so, there's technically no shelf ends! Right? So I drew absolutely nothing and submitted it...because there were no shelf ends and nothing to draw boxes around. I've messaged the requester in hopes they will tell me why it was rejected and mentioned that there were no shelf ends in the photo and no instructions l listed for what to do if there weren't any.

Anyone with an experience like this? Should I have messaged the requester mid-task?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.
If you are working on a penny HIT and feel the urge to message the requester mid HIT, you should probably be working on something else. Even the best penny HITs are pretty bad and should be avoided in general. "Draw a box around x" HITs are normally pretty bad and should be avoided in general. Pull value from receipt HITs are pretty bad and should be avoided in general. Hang around the daily thread here to learn what type of HITs you should be trying to work on instead.

In the long run a few rejections are not a big deal but you should try to work with requesters that place a higher value on your time. I've found that they tend to reject less frivolously as well.

Erin Cherwaiko

Reaction score
If you are working on a penny HIT and feel the urge to message the requester mid HIT, you should probably be working on something else. Even the best penny HITs are pretty bad and should be avoided in general. "Draw a box around x" HITs are normally pretty bad and should be avoided in general. Pull value from receipt HITs are pretty bad and should be avoided in general. Hang around the daily thread here to learn what type of HITs you should be trying to work on instead.

In the long run a few rejections are not a big deal but you should try to work with requesters that place a higher value on your time. I've found that they tend to reject less frivolous as well.

Thank you for your reply. I've been reading a bit on the forum here about how to be eligible to do HITs that pay more than change, and I imagine one of the ways to do that is to get your HIT count up.
Also, actually desperate for money atm which is why I joined MTurks in the first place, so I don't mind doing small ones to pass time when I have done all the ones that pay better that I'm qualified for.

jan

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I've been reading a bit on the forum here about how to be eligible to do HITs that pay more than change, and I imagine one of the ways to do that is to get your HIT count up.
Also, actually desperate for money atm which is why I joined MTurks in the first place, so I don't mind doing small ones to pass time when I have done all the ones that pay better that I'm qualified for.
make sure you read TO so that you are sure that you are working for reliable requesters. You don't want to submit a bunch of hits for someone likely to reject.

Reactions: Erin Cherwaiko