Political Stuff

Metallica

Never free, never me
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank God that we have a great and an amazing President,who is the most effective,trying tirelessly to rebuild America despite the obstacles from the left who is trying viciously and constantly to undermine his accomplishments.Donal J. Trump is one of the best in the modern history and capable to do the impossible.America is standing strong behind the President at any time.I will definitely vote for him again ❤❤
Top comment on a Fox News post about Trump agreeing to temporarily end the shutdown without wall funding. Yeah... weren't they just going on last week about how Trump needs the wall and they stand behind the shutdown until he gets the money?

Peachy

Real Southern Comfort
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Peachy @PeachyRider Ok here are a few of my friend's poems - He is in his 60s and writes 3-4 a week at least, very au courant.

these are nice
i like how he links each one to an actual news link
does he have a blog/website of his own?

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
these are nice
i like how he links each one to an actual news link
does he have a blog/website of his own?
Me too - he's very prolific. I wish he had a blog so I could share them more easily! He just posts 'em on Facebook.

jan

Reaction score
Senate Republicans appear to be in a panic about President Trump’s threat to declare a national emergency to realize his unquenchable fantasy of a big, beautiful wall on the southern border. Republicans are reportedly worried that such a move could divide them, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has delivered that warning to Trump in private conversations.

Republicans have good reason to be deeply nervous. Here’s why: According to one of the country’s leading experts on national emergencies, it appears that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) can trigger a process that could require the GOP-controlled Senate to hold a vote on such a declaration by Trump — which would put Senate Republicans in a horrible political position.
Elizabeth Goitein, who has researched this topic extensively for the Brennan Center for Justice, tells me that if Pelosi exercises this option, it will ultimately require the Senate to vote on it in some form as well. The NEA stipulates that if one chamber (Pelosi’s House) passes such a resolution, which it easily could do, the other (McConnell’s Senate) must act on it within a very short time period — forcing GOP senators to choose whether to support it.

Alternatively, Goitein notes, the Senate could vote not to consider that resolution or change its rules to avoid such a vote. But in those scenarios, the Senate would, in effect, be voting to greenlight Trump’s emergency declaration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/04/if-trump-declares-national-emergency-pelosi-can-jam-republicans-heres-how/?utm_term=.ff0cdaf2bb40

DCI

Reaction score
Senate Republicans appear to be in a panic about President Trump’s threat to declare a national emergency to realize his unquenchable fantasy of a big, beautiful wall on the southern border. Republicans are reportedly worried that such a move could divide them, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has delivered that warning to Trump in private conversations.

Republicans have good reason to be deeply nervous. Here’s why: According to one of the country’s leading experts on national emergencies, it appears that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) can trigger a process that could require the GOP-controlled Senate to hold a vote on such a declaration by Trump — which would put Senate Republicans in a horrible political position.
Elizabeth Goitein, who has researched this topic extensively for the Brennan Center for Justice, tells me that if Pelosi exercises this option, it will ultimately require the Senate to vote on it in some form as well. The NEA stipulates that if one chamber (Pelosi’s House) passes such a resolution, which it easily could do, the other (McConnell’s Senate) must act on it within a very short time period — forcing GOP senators to choose whether to support it.

Alternatively, Goitein notes, the Senate could vote not to consider that resolution or change its rules to avoid such a vote. But in those scenarios, the Senate would, in effect, be voting to greenlight Trump’s emergency declaration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/04/if-trump-declares-national-emergency-pelosi-can-jam-republicans-heres-how/?utm_term=.ff0cdaf2bb40
I'm not so sure that it isn't a good thing if he does it. The National Emergencies Act is stupid and should be scrapped or reformed, and this is almost a perfect situation to get that ball rolling.

Reactions: jklmnop and jan

cassius

Reaction score
Reactions: jan

cassius

Reaction score
That would depend on one's attitude and approach to what constitutes "truth" and reliability. ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA
Just wondering if you felt that way when it was anthony weiner?

Reactions: ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
That would depend on one's attitude and approach to what constitutes "truth" and reliability. ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA
Just wondering if you felt that way when it was anthony weiner?
I apologize for kinda of jumping on you on the thread: I didn't understand what you were trying to convey. My sincere apologies.

I'm something of a nut about accuracy in reporting, regardless the type of media. I even question my own beliefs and premises. I work at it. And I'm not even sure if this is an answer to your question. :)

cassius

Reaction score
I apologize for kinda of jumping on you on the thread: I didn't understand what you were trying to convey. My sincere apologies.

I'm something of a nut about accuracy in reporting, regardless the type of media. I even question my own beliefs and premises. I work at it. And I'm not even sure if this is an answer to your question. :)
accepted.:blackeye: i didn't realize i had to be a mod to reply to something that i took political in the political thread. if i replied that way in the other thread they would have told me to move it.:)

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
You took something to be political when it, in fact, wasn't.(and wasn't intended to be), unless you believe that everything dealing with honesty and accuracy is inherently "political."