Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Political Stuff

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by electrolyte, Sep 26, 2016.

1. cassius

cassius
    Expand Collapse

hmm ...

2. cassius

cassius
    Expand Collapse

(((YousefMunayyer)))‏Verified account@YousefMunayyer 21h21 hours ago
    Went to supermarket to grab item. Parking lot packed. I think, here's DC again treating 4" of snow forecast like a cat 5 hurricane. Inside there's massive line looping ENTIRE STORE of people with empty carts. I ask: What's the line for? "Food distribution for Federal workers"

3. Belkor

Belkor
    Expand Collapse

Some are thinking this shutdown will last through the entire year. Airports shutting down among other issues will start impacting the economy assuming it hasn't already done so.

4. cassius

cassius
    Expand Collapse

i read an article somewhere yesterday about companies around national parks that need them open. So they've taken their own money and are paying private forces to do the work. i suspect if americans keep our cool, we will see more of this. companies that can afford to do so will take over the jobs. it could cause a tax rumble however since the extreme thought could be that there is no one there to collect so we'll use the funds ourselves for this purpose. things like that could be thought out I suppose if we keep our heads. challenge the government with a somewhat peaceful but forceful revolution. and prove to ourselves that yes, we really don't need so much government. we're capable and we can think for ourselves.

savvylabell likes this.
  5. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

Nothing says 2019 like Cardi B ending the government shutdown

jml and Jaded like this.
  6. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse
    There's no future in time travel.

• Contributor
    Wow. If only the Trumplican Senators had testicles.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  7. Brocktoon

Brocktoon
    Expand Collapse
    Hey man, you fuckin' know Belvedere?

#4127 Brocktoon, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  8. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

They have the meats -- "The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office."

#4128 jklmnop, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  9. Belkor

Belkor
    Expand Collapse

I suspect this is only the tip of the iceberg.

jklmnop likes this.
  10. DCI

DCI
    Expand Collapse

The only way it could be more 2019 is if there was a savage clapback involved.

[​IMG]

jklmnop and jml like this.
  11. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

We're being held hostage by Trump and McConnell. Let's go to the tape (~15:00)

#4131 jklmnop, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  12. rsmath

rsmath
    Expand Collapse

Here's my awesome political take I deleted in the other forum: (grin)

Time to cut off the pay for President, Congress, and their houses/offices or at least nuke Washington, DC and start over. Maybe all the interns and support staff at the Capitol and nearby buildings suffering will get the democrats to bend a little. I say meet at $3B and deal.

13. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

The GOP had control of the House, the Senate, and the WH for two years from today. How is it the Democrats' fault they didn't pass wall funding then?

Belkor and jml like this.
  14. rsmath

rsmath
    Expand Collapse

I miss the good ole days when you could have your discussion in front of cameras so Pelosi and Schumer can't march out to the camera on the steps of the WH and lie about what went on behind closed doors.

Glad Trump went before America yesterday directly trying to make his case for what he's trying to do to end the shutdown instead of meeting with Pelosi/Schumer behind closed doors again.

15. rsmath

rsmath
    Expand Collapse

GOP obviously distracted with trying to do other things instead of getting wall funding done before midterms. Now it's the pelosi's fault because she is needed, isn't going to budge, and has prohibited her puppets from meeting with trump. If you can solve the house, the senate should fall into place with a wider GOP margin after midterms to help if some GOP jump to the dem side of the issue.

16. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

Puppets. Okay.

jml likes this.
  17. rsmath

rsmath
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. All 3 of my state's HOR are democrats (two of them rookies) and they all do what Pelosi does - dump on trump constantly and won't put pressure on Pelosi to negotiate to end the stalemate. You know puppets don't disobey the puppetmaster.

18. DCI

DCI
    Expand Collapse

This shutdown is almost entirely the fault of the president. Neither party in congress wants a shutdown, but their hand is somewhat forced at the moment. There are two main reasons for this:

1) The president's inflammatory rhetoric wrt immigration and border security for the last 3 years has turned a lot of things that could have been reasonably compromised on before into political hot button issues. It might have been politically beneficial in the short term for the president to say that Mexicans are rapists, the wall just got 10 feet higher, etc, but in the long term, it makes it impossible to actually achieve any related policy goals, because a huge portion of the public is now bitterly opposed to it.

2) Regardless of who is involved, a political strategy of "Give me what I want or something horrible will happen" can never be allowed to succeed in Washington. The only time it works is when the public is on the side of the hostage taker, which isn't the case in this instance. If this were allowed to work, there would be no end to it, and it would just be one train wreck after another, resulting in policy that doesn't reflect the public will.

Donald Trump's political ignorance has made it incredibly difficult for anyone to help him achieve his policy goals, even if they wanted to.

edit: This is in addition to the president being the one that blew up the already agreed upon spending bill at the last minute because Rush Limbaugh got mad, of course.

#4138 DCI, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    jan, Jaded and jklmnop like this.
  19. Belkor

Belkor
    Expand Collapse

What did they lie about again? Why won't Trump reopen the government and then discuss the border wall afterwards? Oh right, he has no leverage without holding America hostage. Trump and the GOP deserve 100% of the blame as they are the ones willfully holding America hostage.

If Trump and the GOP truly cared about border security, they wouldn't shut down the government over this wasteful wall that will guaranteed cost far more than $5 billion. They are hypocritically weakening security by causing TSA and border agents to go unpaid. How many TSA and border agents are not even showing up to work anymore? It is like trying to negotiate with terrorists .... "Pay us $5 billion or we won't release the hostage".

jklmnop likes this.
  20. rsmath

rsmath
    Expand Collapse

we'll find out soon which is more important to trump -- the border wall or the economy as the economy starts to weaken soon.

p.s. the Yuma part of the wall could use an upgrade. I don't believe in walling the entire border, but I believe in better walls in some places and militarize our border with a shoot first, ask questions later policy.