Political Stuff

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Someone let me know when they start throwing punches at each other, or when one is speaking and the other makes a fart noise. Thank you.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
My oldest kid lives in the UK at the moment. Hm.

But her friends just said due to Brexit they may change countries. So now what? lol.
Yep. I know some English people who want out of the country because of Brexit, too. A lot of people voted for it for extremely racist reasons.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. I know some English people who want out of the country because of Brexit, too. A lot of people voted for it for extremely racist reasons.
I asked them if the press we heard was true. That many who voted to leave didn't think it would pass, just wanted to register a protest vote. They said, yep, they know many who would have voted to stay if they knew it would pass. So, it wasn't just press hype. Was good to get that from three university students who pay attention and gave me the truth.

Reactions: Tribune and jan

jan

Reaction score
I think Trump is doing very well (at least he's not tripping over his own ineptitude too much - and for him, that's - sadly - maybe - very well :(

Reactions: Tribune

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I asked them if the press we heard was true. That many who voted to leave didn't think it would pass, just wanted to register a protest vote. They said, yep, they know many who would have voted to stay if they knew it would pass. So, it wasn't just press hype. Was good to get that from three university students who pay attention and gave me the truth.
Yeah, to be fair, most Londoners strongly opposed it. And it was mostly the older generations and rural areas who voted for racist reasons. I know someone who works for a university over there. But he was stunned and appalled when it happened.

Reactions: Tribune and tricker

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Watching these two even attempt to answer the question being asked is like trying to chop down a tree with a butter knife.

Reactions: kryss

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, to be fair, most Londoners strongly opposed it. And it was mostly the older generations and rural areas who voted for racist reasons. I know someone who works for a university over there. But he was stunned and appalled when it happened.
Heh. that is part what they said, then they gave me other reasons people voted for it. Wasn't pretty. But I will say, it mirrored a lot of the issues we have over here.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
That's why these debates drive me crazy in general and have for years. It's been a farce pretty much since the beginning. Our political system is screwed.
Ugh it's always just a 2 hour long pissing contest.

"What should we do about gun laws? Let's talk about why the other candidate fucked up 20 years ago"

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
That's why these debates drive me crazy in general and have for years. It's been a farce pretty much since the beginning. Our political system is screwed.
And all you have to do is say some complete bullshit confidently and people will care more about the confidence than whether what you said was true at all or not.

(And now watch him go up a point in the polls)