Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Political Stuff

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by electrolyte, Sep 26, 2016.

1. cassius

cassius
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention that no health care can equal disease spread to surrounding population because people can't get care. It's not their fault. it's what happens when basic rights are denied. I do not understand the thinking of people who want to destroy others in this way. I'm not a very religious person if at all but like my dem neighbor said to me, "What would Jesus do?" Well if the stories bear witness he would feed the poor, get them medical treatment and show them decent human respect regardless of who they were or where they came from. What has happened to us?

Horse Feathers, Miriette and jan like this.
  2. cassius

cassius
    Expand Collapse

As you've noticed according to reports Cruz is in serious trouble. He has to be underestimating his situation with trump however. he ran against the man. And this man will most likely destroy him before he helps him. If is surprising that Cruz doesn't realize that. when it comes to this man and what I know of him and yes I have met him though don't really know him, well, Texans may be looking for better representation.

Horse Feathers and jan like this.
  3. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

4. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse
    There's no future in time travel.

• Contributor
    Beto O'rourke is nipping at Grandpa Munster's heels. He's hit every single county here in Texas. It's a movement like I haven't seen here. #lyingted knows it. I truly think Beto has a chance but it'll be close either way. Texas is still one giant red splotch with big cities dotted blue. +3 in our house for Beto in November.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Krikket, jklmnop and cassius like this.
  5. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

Yeah it is shaping up to be close, which is good because the statewide officeholders here simply don't reflect Texas' changing demographics. But soliciting Trump this early on suggests Cruz et al think the situation is more dire than it appears. Is his base so absent this cycle that he needs Putin's Preferred POTUS to fire them up?

Horse Feathers likes this.
  6. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I've never seen anything like the mountain of corruption that exists right now. It seem everyday we learn something new. It's maddening. :(

7. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

Saw a lot of ppl on Twitter freaking out about this story yesterday. Not sure why VoteVets relied on a repost, though. I always worry about that stuff because sites edit shit all the time, e.g., Fox News carves up AP stories without indicating that they have edited the original. Anyway, the original post is here

https://www.propublica.org/article/...oskowitz-marc-sherman-shadow-rulers-of-the-va

8. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

:eek:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...netrated-some-florida-voter-election-systems/

Russian operatives have "penetrated" some of Florida's election systems ahead of the 2018 midterms, Sen. Bill Nelson said Wednesday, adding new urgency about hacking.

"They have already penetrated certain counties in the state and they now have free rein to move about," Nelson told theTampa Bay Times. He said something similar a day earlier in Tallahassee but declined to elaborate.

jan likes this.
  9. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

Gee,
    I wonder what Rick Scott or his (in) capable side-kick, the equally corrupt Pam Bondi are going to do about this!
    (remember Pam, she got $ from Donald.....oh, and as Atty General she didn't see any reason to go after Trump Uni).

10. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

I'm just disgusted at people who continue to support Trump. Don't they read??
    Wilbur Ross crap:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-wilbur-ross-accused-of-grifting-over-dollar120-million?ref=home

Report: Wilbur Ross Accused of Stealing Over $120 Million

Wilbur Ross could be "among the biggest grifters in American history," according to Forbes magazine, amid new allegations that he may have wrongly siphoned off over $120 million. An investigation, citing 21 people who have worked with the now Commerce Secretary, claims Ross stole "a few million here and a few million there" from various companies. Forbes reports: "All told, these allegations—which sparked lawsuits, reimbursements and an SEC fine—come to more than $120 million." Ross' former colleagues offer very unkind words about him. “He’ll push the edge of truthfulness and use whatever power he has to grab assets,” said New York financier Asher Edelman, while another of Ross’ former colleagues said: “He’s a pathological liar.” They say he is obsessed with money, with two former colleagues recounting that he took handfuls of Sweet’N Low packets from a restaurant near his office, so he didn’t have to go out and buy some for himself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...osss-businesses-point-to-pattern-of-grifting/

11. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Oh #lyingted you really blew it this time. Insulting Whataburger in Texas? Sigh, if only we could convince Canada to take you back.

Krikket and Jaded like this.
  12. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

Reading that you can actually physically feel the article's author dying inside

Horse Feathers and Jaded like this.
  13. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    lol, I guess she's gonna get a 5 minute overtime from her first 15 minutes. I wish she was credible but alas.....

14. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

:shifty:

(this is from the Russian Embassy)

15. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Sigh....such a short memory you've got there Chuck. :(

16. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

17. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

I wanna say this is "peak 2018", but it's only August. We still have several months for it to get weirder and worse.

18. Achilles2357

Achilles2357
    Expand Collapse

jan likes this.
  19. cassius

cassius
    Expand Collapse

Drumpf would do best to leave our governor alone. I'm not a big fan of Kasich right now but he has redeeming qualities and could pose a suitable opponent in 2020. That is if he figures out how to campaign and doesn't hide in New Hampshire. Years ago when the Internet was young and social media in its birthing stages I helped a techie person run a grassroots campaign for Kasich to see what could be accomplished with social media. It was quite interesting and sort of ground breaking. I learned more than I wanted to know about John Kasich. He has held firm against this president and tried to protect his state but the condition of his state wasn't that great when he took it over.

jan likes this.