Panda crazy

Luciensmom

Reaction score
Hi all! Im new, and have just made it to 5k hits. I am really comfortable with MTS and have used it for a couple weeks. Id like to "up my game" and ive watched some videos about Panda Crazy, and think it may be good....Can I ask for your thoughts?
Also, it appears that I have to download something FIRST before PC will work.....so Im a little confused about that. Any advice is appreciated :)

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hi all! Im new, and have just made it to 5k hits. I am really comfortable with MTS and have used it for a couple weeks. Id like to "up my game" and ive watched some videos about Panda Crazy, and think it may be good....Can I ask for your thoughts?
Also, it appears that I have to download something FIRST before PC will work.....so Im a little confused about that. Any advice is appreciated :)
You shouldn't need to download anything to get PC to work, unless you're referring to something like Tampermonkey, which is just an extension that we use to run scripts. There is, however, a helper script that you can install to run alongside PC, that will add panda buttons and stuff to MTurk pages. The helper script isn't necessary for PC to run, but it does make life a lot easier (otherwise you'll have to add pandas to PC manually.)

Personally, I prefer it over MTS' HIT Catcher. I like that I can set limits for how many HITs I have in queue when I run pandas for batches. It really helps when you're working with HITs that have very short timers and you don't want them all expiring because you filled your queue. I know many people also like it for its requester search, but I've never actually used that.

It doesn't integrate very well (or at all, really) with MTS' HIT Finder, so if you're using that you'll have to get used to using the panda buttons that the helper script puts on MTurk pages or adding them manually. HIT Forker is a HIT Finder alternative that I'm told (I've never used it) works better with Panda Crazy, but really I think it's just a matter of preference. I use HIT Finder and Panda Crazy and their lack of integration doesn't really bother me.

Also, welcome! :wave2:

jacob35

Reaction score
You can run both of them and use HIT Forker as a secondary as there is a button that sends HITs directly to panda crazy. Believe me it helps.