Panda Crazy Vs. Hit Catcher?

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
So I used to use PC all the time and it seemed okay. I never seemed to do as well as I'm doing now and I don't know if it's from changing to Hit Catcher or just working harder. What are your opinions from people who have used both? Which do you prefer? Which one do you think works better? The only real thing I'm missing with Hit Catcher is requester search. If it had that, I wouldn't even think twice. It seems to be working great for me.

Reactions: Kallee

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
So I used to use PC all the time and it seemed okay. I never seemed to do as well as I'm doing now and I don't know if it's from changing to Hit Catcher or just working harder. What are your opinions from people who have used both? Which do you prefer? Which one do you think works better? The only real thing I'm missing with Hit Catcher is requester search. If it had that, I wouldn't even think twice. It seems to be working great for me.
I haven't tried out HC yet, but I think Kallee @Kallee uses both HC and PC. :) Kallee, can you weigh in on this?

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't tried out HC yet, but I think Kallee @Kallee uses both HC and PC. :) Kallee, can you weigh in on this?
I mostly use HC now. For whatever reason, I feel like I catch more with it. The only reason I use PC is for the rare requester search - maybe every few days. I used to miss the special setting on PC that would allow me to set a maximum number of HITs to catch (so that I could always leave a space or two available for other things I might be trying to grab), but I do without those just fine.

Reactions: Serial Mom

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
I mostly use HC now. For whatever reason, I feel like I catch more with it. The only reason I use PC is for the rare requester search - maybe every few days. I used to miss the special setting on PC that would allow me to set a maximum number of HITs to catch (so that I could always leave a space or two available for other things I might be trying to grab), but I do without those just fine.
Cool. That's exactly what I was thinking too. Seems like I have been doing much better with it. Thanks for replying. I appreciate the input.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
This is probably totally bass-ackwards, but... right now I am mostly using Hit Finder, then panda'ing a hit I want straight to the mturk page (original, non-Worker), then PC'ing it via the PC helper button. Can you go straight from Hit Finder to Hit Catcher? Or am I missing something else?

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
This is probably totally bass-ackwards, but... right now I am mostly using Hit Finder, then panda'ing a hit I want straight to the mturk page (original, non-Worker), then PC'ing it via the PC helper button. Can you go straight from Hit Finder to Hit Catcher? Or am I missing something else?
I'm not sure, but do you guys have info? Kallee @Kallee klyde @.:klyde:. ?

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but do you guys have info? Kallee @Kallee klyde @.:klyde:. ?
If you want to panda something from the forum, use those little blue buttons above the HIT - those set up the panda in HC without going through mturk. Otherwise, you have to click the button either on the missed HIT page after you click the HF link, or directly from the HITs pages in mturk. I do wish there was a way to panda from HF without trying to accept the HIT first, but I don't think it's possible unless you're using a forum link.

Reactions: klyde

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to panda something from the forum, use those little blue buttons above the HIT - those set up the panda in HC without going through mturk. Otherwise, you have to click the button either on the missed HIT page after you click the HF link, or directly from the HITs pages in mturk. I do wish there was a way to panda from HF without trying to accept the HIT first, but I don't think it's possible unless you're using a forum link.
Good explanation

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Also do you have a script that I don't? I don't see a blue button that you are mentioning. Never had. I've always had to go through the Mturk site.

adorkableme

Reaction score
Newbie here... would anyone be willing to explain to me what Pandy Crazy and Hit Catcher is? I'm just used to the regular dashboard... I know, so new.. lol

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Newbie here... would anyone be willing to explain to me what Pandy Crazy and Hit Catcher is? I'm just used to the regular dashboard... I know, so new.. lol
Panda Crazy and Hit Catcher allow you to catch hit's that aren't around right now. Say you go into a hit and there are none left. Well you Panda it with HC or PC and you might be able to catch it later on.

adorkableme

Reaction score
oh, okay....let me ask another dumb question :thumbdown: How do you panda or HC it?? Ugh, so annoying, I know! lol Feel free to ignore me!! bahahaha

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
oh, okay....let me ask another dumb question :thumbdown: How do you panda or HC it?? Ugh, so annoying, I know! lol Feel free to ignore me!! bahahaha
Hit Catcher comes with MturkSuite which I highly recommend. Very good extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mturk-suite/iglbakfobmoijpbigmlfklckogbefnlf?hl=en-US
Some other people use PC but from the replies above I think Hit Catcher seems to do a better job and it's all bundled in one nice extension. Then on hits you will see a Once button and a Panda button. Once you would use on surveys. And Panda is typically for batches where you are allowed to do more than one.

Also you're all good. We all start somewhere. We all had to learn. No harm in asking questions.

Last edited:

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Like so

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there! Don't feel bad for asking for help, we've all been there. Here's a good video that might help you know about panda crazy more. Glad to see you here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TothH09q1uo&t=6s the Mturk Guide channel has great videos.

adorkableme

Reaction score
Thank you so much for you help! I downloaded that add on and I'm looking at it now, trying to figure it out!

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: adorkableme

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Y'all are so nice!! Thank you so much!! I ask a lot of questions, but I learn quick and I do appreciate it!!
You're welcome :) Lots of good scripts out there and plenty of threads that will help. Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore. One of us will be glad to help :)