Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Turkiphee

Reaction score
My apologies if you already answered/explained this in the previous few post and I'm just not understanding. Every job that's sent to Panda Crazy Max from Panda Crazy Search, stops collecting all together (acc: 0) after the "temporary start ham delay timer" ends. This is happening regardless of the value that's entered in the "stop collecting after (seconds)" and/or "stop collecting after # of fetches" fields. This did not happen until around a week ago. I also decided to give custom triggers a try around the same time. I doubt that has anything to do with it, just giving data.

I have deleted all custom searches and restarted Chrome but that didn't rectify the issue. Creating new requester triggers did not help either. I am not sure if this is a bug or it's meant to work like this after the new update. I used to be able to collect 7 to 10 of one of my favorite hits daily, without doing anything. This particular requester search would just start multiple jobs throughout the day and stay on until it collects 1. I now have to remember to intemittently go through the jobs on PCM throughout the day and manually restart all my acc: 0 jobs.

Reaction score
Like I said before that is how it is supposed to run. If the extension creates a panda job or starts to collect a panda job then it will use the temporary option values. Then when a user presses the collect button on their own it doesn't use the temporary values but it will use the panda job options for stop collecting and stop fetches. Those values should be 0 so it will run indefinitely which is set at 0 by default. So yes the extension should let the user have control. There is either a bug happening or an option which is set and it should not be set. I would recommend creating a new search trigger and leave the options alone. Check if you can press the collect button and have it collect indefinitely.
I don't set anything special with new search triggers, just fill in the requester ID and name, and let them run. No options set as a rule.

"Check if you can press the collect button and have it collect indefinitely."

that's the whole point, I can't. I press collect and then 6 seconds (or whatever) later, it stops. Same if I press GOHAM. Should GOHAM work the same, keep going indefinitely? It used to work like that, but I know you're not keen on GoHAM running for a long time 😉

Reaction score
Is the Search Timer setting in PCS a delay after the search page has been scraped? For instance, if my search timer is 850 ms and it takes my computer 1000ms to download the page from Amazon, is the total time between the start of search 1 and search 2 = 1850ms?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
that's the whole point, I can't. I press collect and then 6 seconds (or whatever) later, it stops. Same if I press GOHAM. Should GOHAM work the same, keep going indefinitely? It used to work like that, but I know you're not keen on GoHAM running for a long time 😉
To me that sounds more like the options are not correct. When you manually push the collect button it should collect until you stop it or you have an option that tells it to stop. The goHam works the same way. If you push the goHam button it will go until you stop it. If it starts collecting or going ham automatically from search trigger then it uses the temporary options or the panda job options. I took some screenshots of what I have set for the options which works for me:
Search General Options:

Search Triger Options:

Panda Job Options:

Is the Search Timer setting in PCS a delay after the search page has been scraped? For instance, if my search timer is 850 ms and it takes my computer 1000ms to download the page from Amazon, is the total time between the start of search 1 and search 2 = 1850ms?
Yes if your connection or MTURK is slow to respond and it takes more than the 850ms then it basically will skip fetching until it receives the results from MTURK so it won't get too backed up with data which could slow down the browser. But it would probably take 1700ms from the start of search 1 to search 2 due to skipping one fetch. 850*2. This could be done more efficiently in the future so it sends off a fetch right after a slow response.

Reaction score
Yeah, my options are default, same as above there. Sometimes I will turn off "Forced Delayed HAM on Collect" but that's about it.

I think after a couple of days running there is some potential for "general craziness" to set in, and all sorts of weird things happen, so I just restart Chrome now when I feel things are getting weird. I think that is helping.

"Yes if your connection or MTURK is slow to respond and it takes more than the 850ms then it basically will skip fetching until it receives the results from MTURK so it won't get too backed up with data which could slow down the browser. But it would probably take 1700ms from the start of search 1 to search 2 due to skipping one fetch. 850*2. This could be done more efficiently in the future so it sends off a fetch right after a slow response. "

Yes, this is a biggie for me unfortunately because I live on the other side of the world from the Amazon pages being generated. I definitely feel like I am skipping fetches each time so being put at a further disadvantage. If there is anything you can do to make the page fetching more equitable that would be great. I never ever get any search PREs and I'm running another scraper at the same time, so I'm definitely not hammering the Amazon servers as much as I should.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Just wanted to announce that this extension is now available to use in firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pandacrazy-max/
Everything that can be done in the chrome extension can be done in firefox now. Also some general stats have been added to check on trends daily with the new version. Enjoy!

Dabeech

Reaction score
Is there a reason why I can only get 2 hits in my queue from crazy max? I am not talking about searches that came over from Crazy search but once I pushed from the mturk button? hopefully that makes sense!

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is there a reason why I can only get 2 hits in my queue from crazy max? I am not talking about searches that came over from Crazy search but once I pushed from the mturk button? hopefully that makes sense!
There shouldn't be any limits to how many hits can be in your queue unless you specify it in a panda job option. You are talking about the buttons from forums or worker.mturk.com? I just tested it and was able to grab 6 receipt hits in my queue from a mturk button on mturk.com.

Dabeech

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any limits to how many hits can be in your queue unless you specify it in a panda job option. You are talking about the buttons from forums or worker.mturk.com? I just tested it and was able to grab 6 receipt hits in my queue from a mturk button on mturk.com.

From worker.mturk.com It may be something tied to Noah then. Wouldn't shock me if those hits have something different with them!

[PCM]: PandaOnceSearchS* These buttons are what I used.

Reaction score
Hi There,

I just restarted Chrome and got:

Please Wait. Loading up all data for you.
Loaded All Global Options From Database
All Alarms Have Been Loaded Up.
Your Themes Have Been Loaded.
History Database Maintenance Finished.
All Groupings Have Been Loaded.
All Search Groupings Have Been Loaded.

then it just stops. I closed PCS before relaunching Chrome. Kinda stuck now. Any ideas?

Thanks,

P.S. Importing a file from earlier this month fails as well. It just says "Please Wait: Importing..."

Update: the file import did eventually complete, just took about 15 mins for some reason. It's never taken more than a minute before. So I guess the original restart Chrome would have worked as well. Just wasn't expecting such a long load time :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've just set my first custom trigger and I've noticed a button, which may or may not be new, that toggles between 'Turn Auto Off' and 'Allow Auto'

Which of the two pieces of text should be showing if I want to automatically collect found hits?

And follow-up question: what does "automatically collect found HITs" mean? Is it creating Panda jobs in PCM or something else?

cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just getting back into Mturk after nearly a year away AND transitioning to the Chrome extention vs the previous script. I'm also dealing with major brain fog after covid, so it's entirely likely I'm just not seeing something.

I cannot for the life of me find the general search page on PandaCrazy. Not the filtered requester etc search - just the general one that lists ALL jobs that meet a set filter for approval. pay, etc. Can anyone help?

Reactions: MadmCupcake