Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Reaction score
I'm very interested in the "Ham Timer (seconds)" detail setting. What is the reason for this ? It's the "delay" after finding the last HIT during HAMing? Is this often a waste of 15 seconds? Not criticizing, just trying to get a feel for when/if to alter this setting. I am finding Delayed Ham soooooo useful :)

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm very interested in the "Ham Timer (seconds)" detail setting. What is the reason for this ? It's the "delay" after finding the last HIT during HAMing? Is this often a waste of 15 seconds? Not criticizing, just trying to get a feel for when/if to alter this setting. I am finding Delayed Ham soooooo useful :)
It only is used for Delayed Ham Mode. The option tells the script to go into ham mode on this job for 15 seconds if it finds a hit. So it only is trying to collect that one hit for 15 seconds before it turns off and continues trying to collect all hits turned on. At the beginning this worked out great but when throttling started to be more common then it started to cause problems with the script constantly being in ham mode but grabbing nothing. That was wasted time so I made it possible to lower that timer to give other hits a chance to be collected. Having a higher seconds timer here may grab more hits from requesters who drop hits slowly and not all in one batch. Throttled hits is something of a problem and it may or may not help with a lower timer for this option. I personally think a lower timer for this is better because if it's a non throttled hit the timer will reset once it collects a hit so it can fill up a queue with no problem. But there are times that a higher timer can give better results for throttled hits. You have to test it out on your own because I still haven't made up my mind what the best timer would be. In the general options you can also set the default value for it for any new jobs added.

Reactions: turkinthailand

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm a little slow tonight...but finally found the 'Q' on the side of the page for options! i'm so excited, i really needed this. Thanks!
Glad you found it. I think this is the number one thing people don't realize about the queue script. I use it so many times throughout the day.

Reactions: T. Leela
Reaction score
It only is used for Delayed Ham Mode. The option tells the script to go into ham mode on this job for 15 seconds if it finds a hit. So it only is trying to collect that one hit for 15 seconds before it turns off and continues trying to collect all hits turned on. At the beginning this worked out great but when throttling started to be more common then it started to cause problems with the script constantly being in ham mode but grabbing nothing. That was wasted time so I made it possible to lower that timer to give other hits a chance to be collected. Having a higher seconds timer here may grab more hits from requesters who drop hits slowly and not all in one batch. Throttled hits is something of a problem and it may or may not help with a lower timer for this option. I personally think a lower timer for this is better because if it's a non throttled hit the timer will reset once it collects a hit so it can fill up a queue with no problem. But there are times that a higher timer can give better results for throttled hits. You have to test it out on your own because I still haven't made up my mind what the best timer would be. In the general options you can also set the default value for it for any new jobs added.
As ever, a great reply. I will experiment !

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
Instead of being redirected to the next hit in my queue with PC queue helper, I keep getting this error instead.

Any idea what the cause is?

Apologies, but I just now switched to worker. I'm also not being redirected to the next job in my queue unless I use the https://worker.mturk.com/tasks?JRPC=nexthit link. Is this a restriction with regards to the new site?

Edit: Another issue I'm also having is that when new hits are pulled up by queue helper, the window flashes a translucent white that stays there for like a second.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If a requester uses like 10 different group Ids, is it better to have collect jobs for each one, or just go with a search job?

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Instead of being redirected to the next hit in my queue with PC queue helper, I keep getting this error instead.
That error is a mturk problem. For some reason it shows errors from previous pages you used. Usually the first message is the right one so it still works correctly. It should go to the next hit in your queue automatically without the queue helper.

Apologies, but I just now switched to worker. I'm also not being redirected to the next job in my queue unless I use the https://worker.mturk.com/tasks?JRPC=nexthit link. Is this a restriction with regards to the new site?
No the new site should automatically go to the next hit in queue. The problem is there is no way to tell it which hit it should go to so the queue helper needs to do a redirect after going to the next hit if it needs to go to another hit in your queue.

Edit: Another issue I'm also having is that when new hits are pulled up by queue helper, the window flashes a translucent white that stays there for like a second.
The flash is the only way I could figure out to make the script to go to a hit other than the first one. It makes it translucent so you know the script is working so don't do anything yet. If it has no instructions to go to a specific hit in queue then it goes back to normal. If you wanted it to go to the third hit in queue then it will redirect to the 3rd hit after the translucent screen. Hope they can provide a better way of doing it like the old page but at this time this is the best I can do.

Reactions: Bolbor

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If a requester uses like 10 different group Ids, is it better to have collect jobs for each one, or just go with a search job?
10 jobs is a lot to use up for one requester. It better pay very very well for me to hold up 10 jobs. So if it doesn't pay very well then using a search job would be a lot better. It would take 1 second to find out if there are any hits available instead of 10 seconds to go through all 10 group id's.

I'm trying to drag job tabs around in Chrome, but without luck. Is it really possible to re-order tabs? :blush:
This used to work but I had to change the way jobs are moved to different tabs so I disabled this feature because of conflicts. I was hoping to add this feature back once I found a good way of having both features work but never had the time to work on it. Being able to move jobs to other tabs easier and less buggy was a lot better than having the dragging tabs around so it didn't bother me.

Reactions: turkinthailand

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
That error is a mturk problem. For some reason it shows errors from previous pages you used. Usually the first message is the right one so it still works correctly. It should go to the next hit in your queue automatically without the queue helper.

No the new site should automatically go to the next hit in queue. The problem is there is no way to tell it which hit it should go to so the queue helper needs to do a redirect after going to the next hit if it needs to go to another hit in your queue.

The flash is the only way I could figure out to make the script to go to a hit other than the first one. It makes it translucent so you know the script is working so don't do anything yet. If it has no instructions to go to a specific hit in queue then it goes back to normal. If you wanted it to go to the third hit in queue then it will redirect to the 3rd hit after the translucent screen. Hope they can provide a better way of doing it like the old page but at this time this is the best I can do.
Alright brotherman, I appreciate the responses. It's pretty disappointing how backwards the new site is going and I'm sure this whole transition has been a giant headache for you. Thanks for your hard work!

Reaction score
Do you have any advice for capturing small, low-frequency jobs that say pop up a few times an hour? I mean, I know they aren't worth it $$$ but sometimes the variety is nice. There's no way to set ultra-long timers or anything like that?

I have found it. It's the "Hit Weight" job detail. Awesome as ever!

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Any idea why expired hits show up in the (PC) queue as having 1 week 6 days left on them? Seems like a strange number

http://prntscr.com/hnzw7c
I have seen this error before. The script doesn't understand expired hits in the queue. It's expecting a time left but it doesn't so it tries to convert it into a number which it then tries to convert to a human readable time left. It disappears in a few seconds so I never thought of it as something that needs to be fixed right away.

Reactions: catnapped

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have seen this error before. The script doesn't understand expired hits in the queue. It's expecting a time left but it doesn't so it tries to convert it into a number which it then tries to convert to a human readable time left. It disappears in a few seconds so I never thought of it as something that needs to be fixed right away.
Not a big deal just seemed weird :D

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just want to inform people that I did a quick fix last night to make sure PC will still work on the old site. You can still use the old url and it will redirect to their new welcome page but Panda Crazy will run off that site. I have no idea when they will turn off all access to the old site so you better make sure you can work with the new site now. BTW just adding &doNotRedirect=true or ?doNotRedirect=true to an old url will keep you on the old site.

There will be a few small fixes for Panda Crazy Helper and maybe the Queue Helper as I find problems. Right now there is no way to grab the groupID number when a hit is not available because they redirect the url that has the groupid internally on their server so the browser doesn't even know the previous url. I have a few ideas to deal with this but it's complicated and clumsy so I want to wait to see if there are any changes with this. Make sure to give them feedback about this so they see it as a valuable information for workers and they may change it.

spamhead

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with PC and the new worker site. I'm using the 0.5.3 version of the script with Firefox 57.0.2 and ViolentMonkey v2.8.22 and PC will not load with the new URL.

In the Firefox dev console I get an error:
Error running script: JR Mturk Panda Crazy
Error: See almond README: incorrect module build, no module name
See almond README: incorrect module build, no module name
The old URL still works fine.

I tried reinstalling the script, but the problem remains. How can I fix this?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with PC and the new worker site. I'm using the 0.5.3 version of the script with Firefox 57.0.2 and ViolentMonkey v2.8.22 and PC will not load with the new URL.
Stop using ViolentMonkey and use Tampermonkey instead.

spamhead

Reaction score
Stop using ViolentMonkey and use Tampermonkey instead.
So it's an issue with VM huh? Just after I moved all my scripts over to it too! Guess it's a good time to move again since a lot of the old scripts are dead.

Thanks for the info.