Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not going to disable that link but I'll be referring people to the new url because it's easier to link in forums. The old url was done before they had all the links working on the new site so I picked that link waiting for a better url like I had with the old site. They never added a welcome page so I finally decided just to use a requester page for it because it has nothing in the background working and other scripts wouldn't conflict with it. So I wouldn't say it's obsolete and will work in the future.
Will one work better than the other or is it best to just start using the new URL?

Thank you so much for all that you do, we all appreciate it so much! :)

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Will one work better than the other or is it best to just start using the new URL?
Thank you so much for all that you do, we all appreciate it so much! :)
As a user either would work fine. The new url probably is easier on their servers because it doesn't have to do a search with a weird term. I think it's just best to use the new url, though.

Reactions: micky
Reaction score
Search jobs are slower then regular jobs because it has to do two requests to try to collect a hit. First it does a search on that requester. Then it tries to collect that hit with a panda link. So if you can use a panda link then use that instead. If a requester always has different group id's for their hits than a search job could help like csat's. If a requester has more than 5 hits with different group id's then a search job may work.

The only way you can filter things out from a requester is through the search options where you can se the min and max pay. Add terms to exclude or include hits and even exclude group id's.

Don't worry about pantha because that was something that worked but stopped working. I just haven't taken it out yet. It just does a regular panda right now.

If a requester has like 3 hits that you want to grab then just add those 3 hits and only have those 3 jobs collecting. Turn all other jobs off. That would be the fastest way. You can try a search mode too but it will only be grabbing the highest paid hit and if they are all the same price then it may only grab one hit. If you know the requester will be dropping 3 hits today sometime but not sure when then a search job will work perfectly. Once you hear it grabbing those hits then turn off the search mode and turn on the 3 regular panda jobs only.
So... if the requester has 20 different group Ids, by far the most efficient way to try and catch as many as possible is single search job?

And if the job says:
[ Acc: 8/163 | Srch: 2171 ]

It means 163 jobs were dropped and I got 8 of them?

Oh, and silly question but I'll ask anyway.... no point in putting identical search jobs in right? Does it alter chances at all? :)
I need to learn more about search mode when requester has many IDs. For instance, any point turning on "Force Delayed Ham on Collect" for search jobs, especially in case where multiple Ids? Thx

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So... if the requester has 20 different group Ids, by far the most efficient way to try and catch as many as possible is single search job?
Yes and no is the answer. Search jobs will try to collect the first 3 highest paid hits. So if you already did those hits then it may never go to the other hits. This script isn't for requesters that post dozens of hits at the same time. It would use too much time to go through each one and make it useless for other hits. A special case script for requesters that do that would be better and more efficient.

And if the job says:
[ Acc: 8/163 | Srch: 2171 ]
Not exactly. 8 is the number of hits accepted. 2171 is the amount of searches it has performed. 163 is the amount of new hits it has found out of those searches but it doesn't mean those are all unique new hits. Some of those hits could have been returned or the requester posted more hits. So there could only be like 5 hits but that number can be higher due to how mturk displays the number of hits. It's meant to show that there are more hits involved and could be missing some hits because of that.

For instance, any point turning on "Force Delayed Ham on Collect" for search jobs, especially in case where multiple Ids? Thx
Yes there is a good reason to do that to try to accept all 3 highest paid hits fast instead of having it share with all the other hits collecting. It's useful for some hits that get posted a few times a day but you never know when they get posted for example: csats.

Reactions: turkinthailand
Reaction score
Any more advice for getting alarms working (ff)?

I tried saving your samples locally, loading them in, and it says "Status: Audio File Loaded" but then I hit Play and nothing happens. I "Save" and go back in, and the file is not there any more :( ... I got some Bluetooth speakers for Xmas so ready to go with my plan to get woken up for nice jobs... just need to get these samples working :)

Also, what is "TTS"?

thx

Reaction score
I put a GoHam on the search job, and it grabbed ok, but then just got red line around the job box. Maybe increasing the HAM length to 30 secs was bad idea? What does the red border on a job box mean?

The red border only disappears when I revert back to normal collect mode, not delayed Ham.

Ah, just found this:
http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/save-search-group-id-mode

Seems the red border mode is what I need, coz there are several group Ids in each batch. That's right isn't it?

Last edited:

bepislauncher

Reaction score
My PC link randomly stopped working earlier today so I tried reinstalling the script. Now it "works" but it is stuck on "Loading Alarms".

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
First go ahead and update to 0.5.12 because it might have fixed a few things.

Any more advice for getting alarms working (ff)?
I don't know what the reason for alarms not working. Make sure the tab is not muted. Be sure the volume is all the way to the right at the top. If you are ok deleting your jobs you can try to reset data by going to https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/PandaCrazy/projects?resetalldata=yes

Also, what is "TTS"?
TTS means Text to Speech so you can have the computer speak the different requesters being collected and other alarm stuff. You can have TTS and alarms on or just one.

I put a GoHam on the search job, and it grabbed ok, but then just got red line around the job box. Maybe increasing the HAM length to 30 secs was bad idea? What does the red border on a job box mean?
Having GoHam on a search job is a special case and it does the save search group ID mode automatically so don't worry about that. If you don't have Goham on a search mode then you can click on the job box and it will turn the border red. this stops it from searching and will panda the last hit it found. Click the job again and it will go back in to search mode. 30 seconds is a bit much. somewhere under 15 is good and if the hits aren't that great then setting it lower will allow other jobs a chance to grab hits as well.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My PC link randomly stopped working earlier today so I tried reinstalling the script. Now it "works" but it is stuck on "Loading Alarms".
This was a server problem where I stored my default alarm files. I was hoping it would fix itself but seems it will take a longer time. Update the script to 0.5.12 and this should allow you to load the alarms back in because I changed the file locations.

DKdina

Reaction score
Hi Johnnyrs

please give some tips for my requirements
I want to capture all hits from a requester having 7 group ID's, of that i have to grab hits from 4 group ID's .
I tried panda from 4 group ID's, it's not efficient. so i tried search mode to grab hits,but these two are not efficient, because out of 4 hits available in the search results i haven't get any hits out of that either using panda and also search mode. this is repeatedly evade me to grab hits.
please tell how i would get hits faster, I even tried GoHam but it also not helps, All modes capture 2-3 hits when a batch of 20 hits posted.
I have updated PC 0.5.11
kindly help me to reach more hits out from bulk batches

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Johnnyrs

I want to capture all hits from a requester having 7 group ID's, of that i have to grab hits from 4 group ID's .
I tried panda from 4 group ID's, it's not efficient. so i tried search mode to grab hits,but these two are not efficient, because out of 4 hits available in the search results i haven't get any hits out of that either using panda and also search mode. this is repeatedly evade me to grab hits.
please tell how i would get hits faster, I even tried GoHam but it also not helps, All modes capture 2-3 hits when a batch of 20 hits posted.
I have updated PC 0.5.11
kindly help me to reach more hits out from bulk batches
2-3 hits of 20 hits posted? That's 10%, mate. Not bad at all. Any particular reason you imagine you should get all the HITs you want? You realize you ain't alone right? :wink:

DKdina

Reaction score
2-3 hits of 20 hits posted? That's 10%, mate. Not bad at all. Any particular reason you imagine you should get all the HITs you want? You realize you ain't alone right? :wink:
no my dear dude, 2-3 hits of maximum performance, sometimes it catches nothing out of a batch of 20-30 hits posted, that's my worst scenario

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There is no guaranteed easy way of grabbing hits from a requester that puts out different group ID's. The most important thing to remember is limit the amount of jobs you have collecting when you believe the hits might drop. I have a few requesters that put out hits only in the morning so I usually only have their jobs collecting on a search mode. More than 10 jobs on could lower the chance of you grabbing a hit before someone else does. GoHam works in these situations nicely because it will only collect that hit when it finds something. Best advice is to find hits that you can do and enjoy doing which may not be so popular with others.

DKdina

Reaction score
There is no guaranteed easy way of grabbing hits from a requester that puts out different group ID's.

thanks for your reply, please tell, when I using the GoHam mode to grab some hits, and tried to browse some hits in mturk page, it says

You have exceeded the allowable page request rate
We have detected an excessive rate of page requests. This may be due to the usage of third party scripts. Reducing the number of scripts you have running, or adjusting the settings of those scripts may lower the number of times you receive this message.

This may also be a result of limited previews of a very popular project. If this is the case, you may try again shortly.

this means i should not request the page anymore else quicker or not, and

is there any issues in maximum number of PRE's, because in using GoHam mode, PRE's appears more

Reaction score
First go ahead and update to 0.5.12 because it might have fixed a few things.

Having GoHam on a search job is a special case and it does the save search group ID mode automatically so don't worry about that. If you don't have Goham on a search mode then you can click on the job box and it will turn the border red. this stops it from searching and will panda the last hit it found. Click the job again and it will go back in to search mode. 30 seconds is a bit much. somewhere under 15 is good and if the hits aren't that great then setting it lower will allow other jobs a chance to grab hits as well.
So, just for final clarification on GoHam on search mode. If I KNOW the group ID could be one of 100 and not predictable in any way, I am better off not using GoHam at all? Just leave it on collect is best?

I ask because I'm still a bit confused. Sometimes the red border appears itself... and I don't know way... I am not selecting it. It just comes up. Is that supposed to happen?

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is happening because mturk has closed the www site so nothing works from there. You need to start panda crazy with the new url: https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/PandaCrazy/projects so it grabs from the new site now. The search mturk button at the top seems it's not working on the new site but it will get fixed later when I have some free time. They probably just changed something.
https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/PandaCrazy/projects

Going to this URL in ff is doing nothing for me at the moment. I tried restarting ff, rebooting machine.

https://worker.mturk.com/?filters[search_term]=pandacrazy=on

fails as well.

Clearing all cookies etc. hasn't made any difference.

But Chrome is working just fine, so I'll run in Chrome today :)

Anyone else having issues today with ff version?

I think I have it figured. Some of my Tampermonkey scripts have stopped working in ff. That's a new one on me. The Tampermonkey dashboard says all is fine..... hmmmm..... it looks to me like both:
1) JR Mturk Panda Crazy
2) JR Mturk Panda Crazy Helper

are not running. But other scripts are.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I press "Save" for Jobs, where do they get saved? Must be in browser storage somewhere I guess because my Chrome and ff jobs are different. My ff job list is the current one, but since I can't load that at the moment... guess I don't have access?

Guess the idea is use Export and Import to move jobs between browsers?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We have detected an excessive rate of page requests. This may be due to the usage of third party scripts. Reducing the number of scripts you have running, or adjusting the settings of those scripts may lower the number of times you receive this message.
If you are running other script like hit finder or overwatch then you will have to change the timers in PC so you will get less PRE's. Pre's come up if you send a request more than every 1 second or 1000ms. If you are working on a fast batch which you can submit in seconds then you may run into more PRE's also. You need to find the right timers to set on all your scripts so you won't get PRE's. Pre's will lower your chance of grabbing hits.

Reactions: DKdina

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, just for final clarification on GoHam on search mode. If I KNOW the group ID could be one of 100 and not predictable in any way, I am better off not using GoHam at all? Just leave it on collect is best?

I ask because I'm still a bit confused. Sometimes the red border appears itself... and I don't know way... I am not selecting it. It just comes up. Is that supposed to happen?
If you have a search mode and goham mode it will automatically use the panda for a few seconds in go Ham mode. If you have search mode and don't have goHam mode on then it will do a search. if it finds a hit then it tries to grab it. Do any other jobs running. Do another search. If it finds a hit it tries to grab the hit and repeat. So if the requester posts a large batch but they might be low paying then you might rather have it collect it slowly so it gives other hits a chance then you should leave goHam mode off on search mode. Sometimes hits can stay up for awhile but you already have done them which makes the search mode + goham mode constantly get stuck so turn off goham mode until that hit disappears or add that hit in the exclude search options. Usually if I'm running a search mode I will have GoHam mode on because that gives the best chance of me grabbing hits. I also don't run many search modes because it lowers the chance of other hits to be grabbed.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/PandaCrazy/projects

Going to this URL in ff is doing nothing for me at the moment. I tried restarting ff, rebooting machine.
I don't know why that would be. I just tried it in FF and it works fine in the current version and tampermonkey. Be sure the script is enabled when clicking on the tampermonkey icon on that url. You can also try dragging the script in tampermonkey dashboard all the way to the top so no other scripts can interfere.