Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
@jonnyrs on the timers the default goham delay timer must be set to between 10 and 60 seconds. I'd like to get the lower limit much lower. Is there any way I can do this. I'd be ok with editing the source code if you tell me which line its on.

Thanks.
Yes I can set that limit lower. I also find now with a lot of throttling that mturk is doing the goham delay is making it get stuck so lowering the goham delay is actually good. Wouldn't recommend editing the code because any new updates might not get updated automatically or will lose your changes.

Reactions: SarahAshlee90

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yes I can set that limit lower. I also find now with a lot of throttling that mturk is doing the goham delay is making it get stuck so lowering the goham delay is actually good. Wouldn't recommend editing the code because any new updates might not get updated automatically or will lose your changes.
Hey, thanks for that:):):) I love your script.

I had another question about search mode. If I'm in search mode in delayed ham status and PC finds more than 3 hits is there any way I can get the cycler to go through all of the panda's instead of just the top 3?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Suddenly not receiving desktop notifications today.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to show my ignorance here, but I can tell it is hurting my earnings. How exactly do I set up a search to catch stuff as soon as it posts, i.e. C-SATS? Do I just go to Search Jobs > Collecting > enter name?

Reaction score
I'm going to show my ignorance here, but I can tell it is hurting my earnings. How exactly do I set up a search to catch stuff as soon as it posts, i.e. C-SATS? Do I just go to Search Jobs > Collecting > enter name?
I think I have the same question. I want to catch HITs from a particular requester as soon as they post. Is that possible?

Reaction score
I can't find a way to reduce the volumes on the notifications. It's kinda driving me crazy, lol, coz I'm busy doing one transcription job, and the script keeps blaring out other notifications. I can see the 'volume' slider but .... it doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas?

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I have the same question. I want to catch HITs from a particular requester as soon as they post. Is that possible?
It's possible, but I doubt we're going to get a response, more competition and all that.

Reactions: turkinthailand

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Suddenly not receiving desktop notifications today.
Be sure to check the lock or I icon near the url in the address input of your browser. Make sure the Notifications is set to allow. Also check in the options/general menu of Panda Crazy to see if the Notifications are disabled. For Notifications to work it should look like: Disable Desktop Notifications: false

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The search option is in the edit details window of each job. You need to know the Requester ID if it's not already filled in. Once you filled in the Requester ID you just change the action mode to Search and it will keep looking for any hits from the requester but only the first 3 hits it finds. You can find out more from the following links:

http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/edit-advanced-details/action-mode
http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/search-mode

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for that:):):) I love your script.

I had another question about search mode. If I'm in search mode in delayed ham status and PC finds more than 3 hits is there any way I can get the cycler to go through all of the panda's instead of just the top 3?
The script wasn't made for searching all hits for a requester. The majority of requesters only put out a few hits at a time so limiting it to 3 works 95% of the time. The problem with allowing more than 3 hits is that it will slow down all of the rest of the jobs. It will also have to remember the last hit it did which causes it to use up more memory. For the requesters that have hundreds of hits up at once this script wouldn't be useful for it because it can't figure out if the hit is not there, throttled or you already did that hit. It already has a problem of being stuck on a search job if hits are still there but you already did it and it's in GoHam mode. I haven't figured out how to unstick it. So for those requesters it is best to have a unique script for them that remembers all the hits and accepts each one after you finish one.

Reactions: SarahAshlee90

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I can't find a way to reduce the volumes on the notifications. It's kinda driving me crazy, lol, coz I'm busy doing one transcription job, and the script keeps blaring out other notifications. I can see the 'volume' slider but .... it doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas?
I don't know why the volume slider wouldn't work. You should hear a small click softer or louder each time you move the slider. Moving it all the way to the left should mute all sounds on chrome and firefox. You can also just right click on the job box which will make the lines around the box turn to a dash. This means it is muted. That job will not sound an alarm. You can also mute it in the details window with the mute alarm button.

http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/mute-job-alarm

Reactions: turkinthailand

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Be sure to check the lock or I icon near the url in the address input of your browser. Make sure the Notifications is set to allow. Also check in the options/general menu of Panda Crazy to see if the Notifications are disabled. For Notifications to work it should look like: Disable Desktop Notifications: false
Yep the setting was fine in PC. I did't do anything with the browser before or after but it's fixed now.

Reactions: Johnnyrs
Reaction score
I don't know why the volume slider wouldn't work. You should hear a small click softer or louder each time you move the slider. Moving it all the way to the left should mute all sounds on chrome and firefox. You can also just right click on the job box which will make the lines around the box turn to a dash. This means it is muted. That job will not sound an alarm. You can also mute it in the details window with the mute alarm button.

http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/mute-job-alarm
Yes thank you. The slider was working. Just its not very sensitive on my system, so it's only the bottom 10% of the slider that really stops the sound being "quite loud" - but yes it is working as designed on Mac Chrome :)

Reactions: Johnnyrs

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Windows updated for me again, and now my buttons for "panda" and "once" have disappeared. How do I remedy this?

Reactions: Wildcat

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Windows updated for me again, and now my buttons for "panda" and "once" have disappeared. How do I remedy this?
I believe those come from the Panda Crazy Helper script. I would start by just reinstalling that. If necessary, uninstall it and reinstall it. That shouldn't screw up any settings, since I don't think the Helper script itself maintains any data.

Reactions: Serial Mom
Reaction score
can you clarify what you mean when you say "script is in its own window"? You mean it's in a window alone with zero other tabs in that window? Or something else ? thx by the way. your script is a thing of beauty :)

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
can you clarify what you mean when you say "script is in its own window"? You mean it's in a window alone with zero other tabs in that window? Or something else ? thx by the way. your script is a thing of beauty :)
Yes, zero tabs. I set mine off to the side so I can always see the queue.

Reaction score
panda crazy very nicely displays the value of all HITs accepted. But since I end up returning quite a large percentage of those HITs, the value displayed greatly exaggerates my earnings. So what about the slightly more useful value of:

$Value of HITs accepted - $Value of HITs returned

To me, that would be a far more useful number. Is it in there somewhere? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
What is the number in square brackets on the second line of the display e.g

Jimmy Dragon
0.02 [1]

What does the [1] mean? I guessed it was showing how many HITs from that group in current queue, but that guess was completely wrong !