Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate all the work you have done. I have a small request if you have time at some point. I am deaf and I love that the hits I accept pop up on my screen as a notification. Is there any way to get to the captcha alert to do the same? I have to flip back to that tab and it slows me down

Reactions: dittobb

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate all the work you have done. I have a small request if you have time at some point. I am deaf and I love that the hits I accept pop up on my screen as a notification. Is there any way to get to the captcha alert to do the same? I have to flip back to that tab and it slows me down
I could do that easily and it sounds like a good idea.

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
I would prefer to turn Searches into PandAs if I thought a given GID was used repeatedly., e.g., every day.

I believe you store the GID of the last HIT accepted (or attempted?) for a search.

Would it be possible to store and display the number of times that GID has been executed by the Search? If I saw it was 2 or more, I might be comforatable making the conversion from Search to PandA.

I presume you leave the RID in the "tab" so I could switch back to Search mode in the future if I found that necessary. Is that correct?

On a related note, could you have a way (e.g., color change) to indicate that the search HIT on the RID, but but that the Accept a second later failed? In some cases we know that if you don't get a HIT on the first try, you're not getting it today, and you might as well turn the Search off. I suppose once could define "once" in this case a two different ways ... once that the search succeeds, or once that both the search and Accept succeed ... but that's probably more involved/convultued than you want to implement or explain to users.

But it does beg the question, and just for clarity, once for searches means stop once a HIT is actually accepted, not just that the search returned a HIT, right? And if you're unlucky and get a captcha that you can't answer in time to actually get it accepted, that doesn't count as "once," right?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
First of all this will be a bit more technical for some so if anyone wants to know more about how the search mode works and other features you can go to http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs/search-mode.
I believe you store the GID of the last HIT accepted (or attempted?) for a search.
I actually went in the code after I read this post so I could explain exactly what is happening. For a search mode it will grab the first 3 highest paying hits it finds but usually it finds only one. The way this happens is it just adds the panda link for each hit it found to an array for that job. It also tells the script it should place this job in front of the queue so it does a panda right away. Then it will do the other panda's it finds in the normal way until it finishes all the hits it found. After that it will do another search and repeat. To make it do all the hits it finds right away you can place the job in delayed ham mode.
Only two times will the GID change in search mode. The script will change the GID to the very first hit it found which usually it finds only one anyway. The second time it will change the GID is if it actually accepts a hit.
Would it be possible to store and display the number of times that GID has been executed by the Search?
When I added the search options I had the idea of adding a history of group ID's it would find. I have it coded in but it doesn't use it at this point. I'll be working on this for the future but it needs more testing and figuring out how to make it all work easily without using too much memory.

I presume you leave the RID in the "tab" so I could switch back to Search mode in the future if I found that necessary. Is that correct?
Yes the RID does not get changed in search mode or even in panda mode because mturk does not give that information anymore in the hit page. The RID only gets filled in by the user or if it was added by the panda button from the search mturk dialog or panda crazy helper.

On a related note, could you have a way (e.g., color change) to indicate that the search HIT on the RID, but but that the Accept a second later failed?
I think it would be better just to add something to the status showing how many hits it found and tried then you can see how many were accepted. I would rather have the user make the decision when to stop a search job.

But it does beg the question, and just for clarity, once for searches means stop once a HIT is actually accepted, not just that the search returned a HIT, right?
Yes the once option only is used when a hit is accepted. It is not used when it found hits or even when it tries to accept it.

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
How hard or messy would it be to have the tab key on Friendly Requester Name input go to Friendly Title?

I often fill these in together, and tab is much faster than finding mouse and clicking on the right spot

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
How hard or messy would it be to have the tab key on Friendly Requester Name input go to Friendly Title?
Actually it's an easy add once I thought about it a bit. I'll just have it show both input fields for both friendly options when either one is clicked. Then the tab button should go to the next input field without me having to do anything too complicated.

Reactions: ScrapingForQuarters

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Today I released a new update (0.4.3) to greasyfork. Be sure to update it if greasemonkey/tampermonkey doesn't update it automatically. Should update it automatically sometime today. Be sure to backup your data by exporting it from the jobs menu at top so you won't lose anything if something goes wrong.

New Features:
  • Notifications will now be shown for a captcha alert and when you are logged off.
  • Clicking on any of the friendly options in the details section will change both friendly options to an input so it's faster to change both.
  • Now when in search mode there is another stat displayed in the accepted stats. It will show the accepted number followed by a / and then the amount of new hits it has found. It will add to this counter every time a new hit drops. It will also add to the counter every UNIQUE hit it finds.
  • When a job is in search mode it will now remember the last 12 hits it found and saves it in storage for future use.
Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed a bug when showing the time that a hit was accepted and showing undefined for the hour.
  • Fixed a bug when background color of job does not change back to normal after limit reached and job is turned off.
  • Fixed a small bug when collecting keywords from a hit and it collected spaces and carriage return in text.
  • Fixed a bug where clicking on the collecting status text wouldn't show the full list of jobs collecting.
This update adds a few data options for search mode for future features. This shouldn't cause any problems but if something does go wrong report it here and you should be able to install the previous version. Now that it can remember the hits it finds in search mode it will be able to display them and will be able to exclude hits by GID or phrase. That will be a feature for a future update. This is just to set the groundwork.

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
You are amazing! Thank you. This has already increased my productivity exponentially. Now this will will speed me up even more.

Reactions: Johnnyrs

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
from the "some folks are never satisfied file" ....

thanks for making tab work in the 2 "friendly"s but if I type something in the first one and switch to cut and paste something else and return by clicking into the other one to set the input focus, it clears both fields and I lost what I originally typed in the first field. :(

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
from the "some folks are never satisfied file" ....

thanks for making tab work in the 2 "friendly"s but if I type something in the first one and switch to cut and paste something else and return by clicking into the other one to set the input focus, it clears both fields and I lost what I originally typed in the first field. :(
Thanks for telling me about this. It will be fixed in the next update. Just a one line add. Next update should be sometime at the end of this week.

Reactions: ScrapingForQuarters

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
Don't know if you easily can fix this, but several times when I've been previewing a random HIT I get a captcha alert. I address it and proceed, but PC has not idea this has happened thus the Captcha Count continues past 35.

Maybe a "Did it Myself/Reset" button next to the Count display?

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
Don't know if you have any control over this, but when you get the double friendly text boxes open, the help text for the first one mostly obscures the 2nd box. As such you really can't see what you're typing in the 2nd box.

And not that it matters much, but the obscuring help text is for the first box when you've tabbed into the second box.

Still no free lunch? :)

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
I often hide most of PC except for the queue area. There's some real estate still on the title line above the queue area where I would prefer to see stuff like timer data and total $$, but probably as much as you can easily fit in there. Either duplicated there or moved there. But timer data in particular since that's easy to miss getting "out of hand" but I do keep an eye on Queue size and Captcha Count.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
(The first pic was too big and I don't know how to remove it. If someone can tell me how, I'll remember next time)
I installed PC recently but I hadn't been using it. Now TurkMaster has become unusable if I do more than 5 pandas, because I kept getting PRE's, even if the pandas are widely spaced. So I'm trying PC.

1-- I've copied many of my pandas from TM, started a few, but I've caught nothing tonight.
All the tutorials and screenshots I've seen are out of focus, so I'm confused. Is my screenshot the way to search for a specific requester? Am I correct that the group ID wil be filled in automatically when one hit is found? I didn't insert the HAM timer, the program did that.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
2--With TM, I can make a new panda by clicking the gray oval "watch this hit." Can that be made to work in PC, or do I have to make all my pandas manually?
3--I've read through some of the Qs here, but I'm still not sure what to do with a captcha.

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
1-- I've copied many of my pandas from TM, started a few, but I've caught nothing tonight.
All the tutorials and screenshots I've seen are out of focus, so I'm confused. Is my screenshot the way to search for a specific requester? Am I correct that the group ID wil be filled in automatically when one hit is found? I didn't insert the HAM timer, the program did that.
First usually the default values is fine to leave as is. Second there is no need to put the Queue Hit Limit to 25 because mturk does that for you. It's meant for values under 25 and only for that particular hit. The queue # Limit is to set the limit so this hit won't be collected after this limit number. 23 is a lot to set it at. Maybe 20 or 15 would be better if this hit isn't as important as other high value ones. Usually leaving these values to 0 is best.

The search mode uses the Requester ID that you placed in the field correctly. Don't worry about the group ID because the script will fill it in for you once it finds hits. It might change the ID depending on how many hits it finds. It will only look at the first 3 highest paid hits from the requester.

2--With TM, I can make a new panda by clicking the gray oval "watch this hit." Can that be made to work in PC, or do I have to make all my pandas manually?
3--I've read through some of the Qs here, but I'm still not sure what to do with a captcha.
To add panda's easier you have to install a helper script called: Mturk Panda Crazy Helper
That helper script will add buttons on mturk pages to add a panda. It was mentioned in the first post in this thread.

The script will sound an alarm when it finds a captcha. You need to go fill it out by using the link in the window or have your own script clear it for you. Once finished then you just unpause the script and it will continue. There is a captcha counter just added to show how many hits collected since a captcha was found so you can estimate when a captcha might be coming again.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
First usually the default values is fine to leave as is. Second there is no need to put the Queue Hit Limit to 25 because mturk does that for you. It's meant for values under 25 and only for that particular hit. The queue # Limit is to set the limit so this hit won't be collected after this limit number. 23 is a lot to set it at. Maybe 20 or 15 would be better if this hit isn't as important as other high value ones. Usually leaving these values to 0 is best.

The search mode uses the Requester ID that you placed in the field correctly. Don't worry about the group ID because the script will fill it in for you once it finds hits. It might change the ID depending on how many hits it finds. It will only look at the first 3 highest paid hits from the requester.

To add panda's easier you have to install a helper script called: Mturk Panda Crazy Helper
That helper script will add buttons on mturk pages to add a panda. It was mentioned in the first post in this thread.

The script will sound an alarm when it finds a captcha. You need to go fill it out by using the link in the window or have your own script clear it for you. Once finished then you just unpause the script and it will continue. There is a captcha counter just added to show how many hits collected since a captcha was found so you can estimate when a captcha might be coming again.

So coming along faster than I thought. I've caught one hit out of 15 in an hour. :)
1--Should I let PC decide on the cycles? I have no idea yet what to choose.
:)
2-I have Captcha Clear but it doesn't do anything. I still have to fill in the box and accept. There is no "my own script." I don't code.
3--I already have PC Queue Helper, I've disabled TM, but I don't have any extra button to make a panda. Everything's in Firefox.

BTW, I've replaced the alarms with a tiny file from my own collection that sounds like a droplet of water. I'll sell it for $500 per download.

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So coming along faster than I thought. I've caught one hit out of 15 in an hour. :)
1--Should I let PC decide on the cycles? I have no idea yet what to choose.
2-I have Captcha Clear but it doesn't do anything. I still have to fill in the box and accept. There is no "my own script." I don't code.
3--I already have PC Queue Helper, I've disabled TM, but I don't have any extra button to make a panda. Everything's in Firefox.
The default timers are fine as long as you are not using other scripts that are using up requests to mturk like hitscraper. If you are then you can push the number 2 button at the top to have it use the 2nd timer or number 3 for the third timer. 970ms is the fastest a script can go before PRE's are sent.
The script will slow down when it receives PRE's so if it slows down too much you might need to push the reset timer to get it back to normal. I have had good luck using the Stop Auto Slowdown in the options menu to grab hits.

What I meant by your own script is exactly what you have. Another script you use for captchas because I don't have one. There is no script that would fill in a captcha because that's against the terms so you have to fill it in yourself. Panda Crazy can only alert you to it.

The queue helper only works with organizing the queue it doesn't add buttons. You have to install the Mturk Panda Crazy Helper. Once you have it installed and have Panda Crazy running in it's own window in the same browser then you will see two buttons next to a hit: Panda and Once.

You can always go to http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/ and find all the information you need. Sorry if some pictures are out of focus but I tried my best.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
The default timers are fine as long as you are not using other scripts that are using up requests to mturk like hitscraper. If you are then you can push the number 2 button at the top to have it use the 2nd timer or number 3 for the third timer. 970ms is the fastest a script can go before PRE's are sent.
The script will slow down when it receives PRE's so if it slows down too much you might need to push the reset timer to get it back to normal. I have had good luck using the Stop Auto Slowdown in the options menu to grab hits.

What I meant by your own script is exactly what you have. Another script you use for captchas because I don't have one. There is no script that would fill in a captcha because that's against the terms so you have to fill it in yourself. Panda Crazy can only alert you to it.

The queue helper only works with organizing the queue it doesn't add buttons. You have to install the Mturk Panda Crazy Helper. Once you have it installed and have Panda Crazy running in it's own window in the same browser then you will see two buttons next to a hit: Panda and Once.

You can always go to http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/ and find all the information you need. Sorry if some pictures are out of focus but I tried my best.
Thanks. Actually your images are much clearer than some others I've seen. The videos were frustrating.

EDIT PC Helper is not the same as PC Queue Helper!
I HAVE MY BUTTONS!
But I still had only 3 hits worth 3c in the first 5 hours. Does it take a while to get all its gears going?

One good sign is that I can run it concurrently with Scraper ith no PREs. I'm hooked!

Last edited: