Over $1.00 hits going to dead link page???

Xclomesis

Reaction score
Hello all, I am not new to Mturk but I am new to this forum.
I have 960 hits and do not have the highest percentage but know how to clean that up and fully intend to do so.
My question is: why are all the over one dollar hits doing this. I will try to add a screenshot.
I am wondering if this could be on my end but the fact that the lower dollar amount hits do still work is suspect.

Xclomesis

Reaction score
Here is what the page I am getting looks like:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hello all, I am not new to Mturk but I am new to this forum.
I have 960 hits and do not have the highest percentage but know how to clean that up and fully intend to do so.
My question is: why are all the over one dollar hits doing this. I will try to add a screenshot.
I am wondering if this could be on my end but the fact that the lower dollar amount hits do still work is suspect.
That's really strange. I haven't heard of any trouble with opening HITs today. Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Reactions: aveline

Xclomesis

Reaction score
That's really strange. I haven't heard of any trouble with opening HITs today. Have you tried clearing your cookies?
Hi and thanks for your response. Not yet but I guess that is a good idea.
I am having as low as 45 cent hits do the exact same thing so pretty sure it's on my end.
I also began contacting the requesters when it happened and so far have heard back from just one who said it is working fine. Perhaps the old HP has a cold &$%&^&**(*(&^%

JCIII

Reaction score
I have found that clearing your cookie's helps but you can also just open the link to a survey in incognito mode. Incognito mode clears up the problem in 95% of the cases I have run across.

Xclomesis

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Now, even ten-cent surveys are going to the dead link page. Not a 404 page but the same one as the ss shows in my initial post.
Would you mind schooling me on what "incognito" mode is, how to set it up and such. I like using Mturk and this is really quite disappointing for me. Not making any $$$ at all.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Now, even ten-cent surveys are going to the dead link page. Not a 404 page but the same one as the ss shows in my initial post.
Would you mind schooling me on what "incognito" mode is, how to set it up and such. I like using Mturk and this is really quite disappointing for me. Not making any $$$ at all.
Like scrmcasey @scrmcasey said above, I would clear your cookies. The reason that incognito (or "private window" if you're using Firefox) might work is because it doesn't save any cookies or cache any files.

If you need to know how to clear your cookies, the next time you get that error page, click the lock icon in the address bar. In Chrome, there will be an option that says "Cookies" and tells you how many are in use. Click that and you should be able to remove them all from the window that pops up. Firefox has something similar as well. I'm not sure about any other browsers.

Xclomesis

Reaction score
Like scrmcasey @scrmcasey said above, I would clear your cookies. The reason that incognito (or "private window" if you're using Firefox) might work is because it doesn't save any cookies or cache any files.

If you need to know how to clear your cookies, the next time you get that error page, click the lock icon in the address bar. In Chrome, there will be an option that says "Cookies" and tells you how many are in use. Click that and you should be able to remove them all from the window that pops up. Firefox has something similar as well. I'm not sure about any other browsers.

Xclomesis

Reaction score
Thanks to all who read my post and especially those who posted responses. I really do appreciate it.
My quandary, at least for now, has been solved. I switched to my Chromebook and everything works great. I am back making a little money. As for the heart of the problem, not solved. I love my Windows 7 LT and it is my main rig. Why it no longer likes Mturk remains the mystery. Thanks again to all. M

Reactions: scrmcasey

Xclomesis

Reaction score
Okay now I have even more issues. After the original problem I posted here, I began using my Chromebook as I had mentioned, and the field on my worker page looked completely different than the field on my Win 7 laptop.
The hits look different. Almost like I am on someone else's page but it shows my name, my ID and my numbers, just an entirely different looking field of work. On the Chrome LT, all the hits are showing already visited, (which is possible) and on Win 7, they are all available to work???
Now, I am trying to get the Win 7 LT back working and after accepting the hit, it is giving me a white page with a single line of text up top saying, "an error occurred."

Last edited:

Artseller63

Reaction score
I hate it when people ask ME these sorts of things, but I do understand why they ask. Being a "security-freak," my first question is almost always "do you have a strong antivirus program" and the second "have you tried running a full scan"? I would ask that question of both your W7 laptop and your Chromebook. It almost sounds like "something" invaded your W7 LT at the time all this started. Also, did you perchance introduce some new software about that time, or experience any software updates that could be the culprit? Just some thoughts...

Reactions: Xclomesis

Xclomesis

Reaction score
I hate it when people ask ME these sorts of things, but I do understand why they ask. Being a "security-freak," my first question is almost always "do you have a strong antivirus program" and the second "have you tried running a full scan"? I would ask that question of both your W7 laptop and your Chromebook. It almost sounds like "something" invaded your W7 LT at the time all this started. Also, did you perchance introduce some new software about that time, or experience any software updates that could be the culprit? Just some thoughts...

Xclomesis

Reaction score
Art, no, I have no anti-virus program and regularly check in CP for all installed programs.
I do not see anything I would term viral and still stumped. Today is Sunday and my Chromebook shows
most hit links already visited. On the HP however, many hits are available and as I am now over 1K hits,
many of them are over $1.00 which is great. The page I am getting looks like this...