One Year Introduction

ArcticTea

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am not new to MTurk or this forum but I have not logged into either for a long while. I've been a member for a year, this is my first post. I started Turking in 2017 and am interested in getting back into it. I have over 1000 HITS completed and my total earnings are $154.07.

I want to be more productive this time around, I had some scripts installed, like HitScraper and Panda Crazy but so much has changed so I may need new tips. My goal is 5000 tasks this year. I know it's possible because of the encouragement and advice I have seen on this forum as a lurker. Happy Turking!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am not new to MTurk or this forum but I have not logged into either for a long while. I've been a member for a year, this is my first post. I started Turking in 2017 and am interested in getting back into it. I have over 1000 HITS completed and my total earnings are $154.07.

I want to be more productive this time around, I had some scripts installed, like HitScraper and Panda Crazy but so much has changed so I may need new tips. My goal is 5000 tasks this year. I know it's possible because of the encouragement and advice I have seen on this forum as a lurker. Happy Turking!
Hey, welcome back! First, I would probably recommend getting rid of HIT Scraper. The developer abandoned it some time ago, and I'm told it's vulnerable to XSS attacks. There are newer alternatives which add a lot of extra functionality as well. The two most popular are MTurk Suite's HIT Finder (which is what I personally prefer to use) and HIT Forker. I think both kinda have their ups and downs, so I would recommend trying each one out to see which is right for you.

ArcticTea

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea about cross-site scripting. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: aveline