Old dude getting (kinda) back in the game…

workasaurusrex

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m workasaurusrex (known back in old forums usually just as rex). I did a TON of mturk as a worker from 2011-2014 and was super involved in groups and working with requesters on how to refine their HITs. I’ve decided to get back into it but not back to the level of those days…rather as a better use of time than playing games on my phone or when the kiddo and GF schedule leave with some down time that I would rather use being productive. Not sure how many folks go back this far but it’s nice to get back into using the site again. Seems like a lot of things haven’t changed a bit, heh. Anyway, I did a few days of work and thought I would see what’s out there worker-wise and I found this forum. I used to do the old TurkerNation forum and CloudMeBaby as well…sheesh, so long ago, ha!

jan

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m workasaurusrex (known back in old forums usually just as rex). I did a TON of mturk as a worker from 2011-2014 and was super involved in groups and working with requesters on how to refine their HITs. I’ve decided to get back into it but not back to the level of those days…rather as a better use of time than playing games on my phone or when the kiddo and GF schedule leave with some down time that I would rather use being productive. Not sure how many folks go back this far but it’s nice to get back into using the site again. Seems like a lot of things haven’t changed a bit, heh. Anyway, I did a few days of work and thought I would see what’s out there worker-wise and I found this forum. I used to do the old TurkerNation forum and CloudMeBaby as well…sheesh, so long ago, ha!
mturk is a dying platform. It's really hard out there. There are other survey sites that are picking up some of the slack. So - diversify!

workasaurusrex

Reaction score
Thank you, yeah the daily goal I had in my head I didn't think was too bad but I'm realizing it's even more hit and miss now than it was. Bummer!

Reactions: jan

Canz

Reaction score
What are some good sites that can pick up some of the slack?